ADVERTISEMENT

Where are you on ISU?

Do you ever cheer for ISU?

• I do cheer for ISU occasionally (attended Iowa)

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I do cheer for ISU occasionally (did not attend Iowa)

Votes: 52 21.9%
  • I never cheer for ISU (attended Iowa)

Votes: 62 26.2%
  • I never cheer for ISU (did not attend Iowa)

Votes: 73 30.8%

• Total voters
1.jpg

I was going to root for them in hope of us climbing up into the top 10....then I looked at the stupid ap rankings.

I'll probably root for ND, since they can't both lose :)

Forgive me if this has been done before...

I always root for the situation that would most benefit the Hawks. In this case my long standing hate for Notre Dame's arrogance outweighs my long standing hate for Iowa State's ignorance. I choose Iowa State. If they win, it would be crushing for the high and mighty domers. Never again could they claim Iowa's schedule sucks. Could stop the national narrative too.

The downside of this would be ISU getting too bigheaded. Of course we only have to hear that until next season when we can beat that right out of them.

Go Clowns!

I always root for the situation that would most benefit the Hawks. In this case my long standing hate for Notre Dame's arrogance outweighs my long standing hate for Iowa State's ignorance. I choose Iowa State. If they win, it would be crushing for the high and mighty domers. Never again could they claim Iowa's schedule sucks. Could stop the national narrative too.

The downside of this would be ISU getting too bigheaded. Of course we only have to hear that until next season when we can beat that right out of them.

Go Clowns!
The only thing that matters is for Iowa to own the state of Iowa and to have a complete lock down on every talented recruit in this state. Iowa State winning anything is a negative to that goal. MC being able to walk into a recruit's living room with a bowl win over Notre Dame in his back pocket is not a good thing for Iowa.

As much as some of you hate Notre Dame, how often do we ever go head-to-head with them for recruits? Do we play Notre Dame on our schedule? Do Notre Dame fans come to this place and talk junk? I doubt the Iowa Hawkeyes even cross the minds of most Notre Dame fans. Yet, daily there are Clown fans coming here spouting their nonsense, even after 5 straight years of losing they still can't shut up.

Why would you ever cheer for the Cyclones in anything? I really don't understand this "good for the state" stupidity.

I pull for Iowa State when not playing Iowa. Also pull for UNI and Drake when not playing Iowa. Late 60's early 70's we only had two TV stations and I would try to listen to Iowa teams on radio. Drake basketball was a big deal then and their games were on WHO.. Johnny Majors was football coach at ISU. Not as big of fan of ISU anymore. Mainly because of social media.

Reactions: papabeef
Honest question - does ISU prioritize in-state recruiting like Iowa does? I haven't really compared rosters lately, but generally speaking Iowa tends to have a lot more in-state kids than ISU does. Iowa usually seems to also be a lot more selective about whom it recruits as evidenced by its very few offers compared to ISU. ISU also seems to utilize JUCOs and other transfers more than Iowa does.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the way ISU puts bodies on its rosters, it's just that it seems to be very different than how Iowa does it.

Reactions: rchawk
The only thing that matters is for Iowa to own the state of Iowa and to have a complete lock down on every talented recruit in this state. Iowa State winning anything is a negative to that goal. MC being able to walk into a recruit's living room with a bowl win over Notre Dame in his back pocket is not a good thing for Iowa.

As much as some of you hate Notre Dame, how often do we ever go head-to-head with them for recruits? Do we play Notre Dame on our schedule? Do Notre Dame fans come to this place and talk junk? I doubt the Iowa Hawkeyes even cross the minds of most Notre Dame fans. Yet, daily there are Clown fans coming here spouting their nonsense, even after 5 straight years of losing they still can't shut up.

Why would you ever cheer for the Cyclones in anything? I really don't understand this "good for the state" stupidity.
Correct answer

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I used be okay with ISU until some of their chicken shit loser fans decided it was okay to Grope and assault some of Iowa band members.Then the Asshole AD decided to blame the band.

Reactions: CarterHall
I like to see ISU wrestlers do well at nationals. I don't even pay attention to their basketball or football teams outside of when they play the Hawks, and I don't ever care to see an IOWA/ISU matchup in the post season.

this x10000000

Anyone Iowa fan that cheers for Iowa State disgusts me, you all cheer for Nebraska and Wisconsin too? Get out of here with this small town minded crap that it’s good for the state, good lord.

Reactions: 83Hawk
When it comes to a college football game that the Hawkeye's are not in I rarely care much about any kind of loyalty's or dislikes for either team. I'm hoping for a good exciting game and honestly that is my expectation for this game and let the better team win. It's a little weak to expect an outcome of a non Hawkeye game to enhance Hawkeye stature but if it does so be it. If ISU wins then good for them. With that being said.... I would never ever route for ISU.

Could not have said it better myself. Well done.

It’s always easier for me to root for ISU if Iowa has beaten them that year. Similarly how hard I root for them over ND might depend on whether we win the night before. If we win our bowl I suppose it’s OK for them and B1G teams to do the same. PS: your poll forgot to include “I occasionally root for ISU (graduated from ISU)” :)

Reactions: Irwin Fletcher10
Honestly, I read up on them leading up to their game, then maybe watch a few minutes of them the remainder of year- if the game is going to the wire- not caring if the win or lose.

If Iowa State went 11-1 with their only loss being Iowa, would that have helped Iowa into a better bowl than the Holiday (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
If Iowa State went 11-1 with their only loss being Iowa, would that help Iowa with recruiting (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
If Iowa State went 11-1, with their only loss being Iowa, would their fans stay off our board (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
If Iowa State went 12-1, beating ND in their bowl game, with their only loss being Iowa, would it help us in any way shape or form? (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
In no case does it ever help Iowa ever for ISU to be good.

Nowhere did i take a 'good for the State' stance. I don't live in Iowa, haven't for close to 30 years, but bleed black and gold just like you.

If i worked with a bunch of Clowns, or had them for neighbors, i might feel like you. But since i don't, i will root for them to knock the arrogant Domers off their pedestal, who are frickin everywhere. From a national narrative perspective, this would be a good thing for the Hawks.

It was a lot easier to cheer for them when I lived out of state and literally no one else cares about the state of Iowa or its teams.

I’m more or less indifferent towards them now. Don’t really cheer but aren’t actively cheering against them either. Exception being if they were to pull a big upset like the Oklahoma game last year. I always cheer for the upset.

If Iowa State went 11-1 with their only loss being Iowa, would that have helped Iowa into a better bowl than the Holiday (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
If Iowa State went 11-1 with their only loss being Iowa, would that help Iowa with recruiting (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
If Iowa State went 11-1, with their only loss being Iowa, would their fans stay off our board (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
If Iowa State went 12-1, beating ND in their bowl game, with their only loss being Iowa, would it help us in any way shape or form? (sneak preview of answer: NOPE)
In no case does it ever help Iowa ever for ISU to be good.

I disagree with you on every point. In your scenarios, Iowa would be considered the football hotbed of America, the toast of the national media, and a recruiting boom for BOTH schools.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
I have honestly tried to pull for ISU a number of times , I just can't seem to do it. I end up rooting for their opponent. The Notre Dame-ISU clash will be a true test for me.

The only possible exception to wanting The clowns lose every time out would be either against In order:
1. Nebby
2. Minnesota
3. Ped St.

Reactions: JStandefer
I pull for Iowa State when not playing Iowa. Also pull for UNI and Drake when not playing Iowa. Late 60's early 70's we only had two TV stations and I would try to listen to Iowa teams on radio. Drake basketball was a big deal then and their games were on WHO.. Johnny Majors was football coach at ISU. Not as big of fan of ISU anymore. Mainly because of social media.

Social media just exposed what was always there. Rampant douche-baggery

I disagree with you on every point. In your scenarios, Iowa would be considered the football hotbed of America, the toast of the national media, and a recruiting boom for BOTH schools.
So what better bowl game do we go to? What recruits would that help us with? What assclown posters would toss respect our way on the message boards?
You really think national media would talk up iowa and not just say it's a one year wonder and will end once all the coaches are in the SEC?

Reactions: iafan44
Honest question - does ISU prioritize in-state recruiting like Iowa does? I haven't really compared rosters lately, but generally speaking Iowa tends to have a lot more in-state kids than ISU does. Iowa usually seems to also be a lot more selective about whom it recruits as evidenced by its very few offers compared to ISU. ISU also seems to utilize JUCOs and other transfers more than Iowa does.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the way ISU puts bodies on its rosters, it's just that it seems to be very different than how Iowa does it.

They only truly offer the in-state kids who end up committing there. The majority who end up at Iowa were ones they backed off of because they had better options.

Reactions: rchawk
Nowhere did i take a 'good for the State' stance. I don't live in Iowa, haven't for close to 30 years, but bleed black and gold just like you.

If i worked with a bunch of Clowns, or had them for neighbors, i might feel like you. But since i don't, i will root for them to knock the arrogant Domers off their pedestal, who are frickin everywhere. From a national narrative perspective, this would be a good thing for the Hawks.
How does an ISU bowl win help the “national narrative perspective” of the Hawks???? This makes zero sense.

If you would cheer for ISU, I have to call into question your “bleed black and gold” statement. But....to each his own.

So what better bowl game do we go to? What recruits would that help us with? What assclown posters would toss respect our way on the message boards?
You really think national media would talk up iowa and not just say it's a one year wonder and will end once all the coaches are in the SEC?

Okay. I'll bite.
In your scenario ISU is 11-1 with their only loss being Iowa. What bowl would they be going to right now? (hint: Peach vs. #1 LSU). As this was being debated on every sports show by every talking head for the past month guess what every single one of them would have said? (preview: "The Iowa Hawkeyes are their only loss"). Think this would have helped recruiting? (answer: Yes)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine the Hawks would be ranked higher with such a quality win, probably higher than 9-3 Michigan. (Hmmm Citris Bowl... Iowa is ranked higher and also in the national conversation, afterall, they DID beat ISU... maybe we should choose them to play against Alabama).

How does an ISU bowl win help the “national narrative perspective” of the Hawks???? This makes zero sense.

If you would cheer for ISU, I have to call into question your “bleed black and gold” statement. But....to each his own.

You would certainly never hear another Domer knock Iowa's OOC schedule again... and yes, that would be the national narrative perspective.

Okay. I'll bite.
In your scenario ISU is 11-1 with their only loss being Iowa. What bowl would they be going to right now? (hint: Peach vs. #1 LSU). As this was being debated on every sports show by every talking head for the past month guess what every single one of them would have said? (preview: "The Iowa Hawkeyes are their only loss"). Think this would have helped recruiting? (answer: Yes)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine the Hawks would be ranked higher with such a quality win, probably higher than 9-3 Michigan. (Hmmm Citris Bowl... Iowa is ranked higher and also in the national conversation, afterall, they DID beat ISU... maybe we should choose them to play against Alabama).

ISU wouldn't finish 11-1 if they were in the Sun Belt instead of the Texas 12. They are a 40th-50th placed team. Period. That is a high-water mark for them compared to their history. Them improving does NOT help Iowa in securing a limited talent pool.

I have honestly tried to pull for ISU a number of times , I just can't seem to do it. I end up rooting for their opponent. The Notre Dame-ISU clash will be a true test for me.
How excited is hardy to watch Notre dame play Iowa state

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT