ADVERTISEMENT

Where did you expect Iowa to be at this point of the season?

LOL....a waste of Murray's. What will the excuse be next year? Fran is the epidemy of mediocracy and Iowa and their fans deserve each other to eternity and I guess I'm included into that hellhole.
A waste of 2 guys who had Western Illinois as their best offers? Swing and a miss.

Lose 3 starters and player of year and Nunge who would have made a HUGE difference on this team. We are exceeding expectations. Win at Penn State and still right there on the right side of the bubble. Goodness people.
Oh, you should’ve been reading my posts from the beginning of this season.

This team is not making the tourney. Way too soft.

I’m still hopeful we can sneak into the NIT but that might be a dream also.

Lose 3 starters and player of year and Nunge who would have made a HUGE difference on this team. We are exceeding expectations. Win at Penn State and still right there on the right side of the bubble. Goodness people.
What should be your expectations when your coach of many years just got an extension less than a year ago??

Goodness people!

Reactions: hexumhawk
Oh, you should’ve been reading my posts from the beginning of this season.

This team is not making the tourney. Way too soft.

I’m still hopeful we can sneak into the NIT but that might be a dream also.
You may be right. We maxed the non con with our metrics but need enough wins to get in. Sunday at Penn State is a must win.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
What should be your expectations when your coach of many years just got an extension less than a year ago??

Goodness people!
Ok and if we had Nunge who unexpectedly transferred how much better would we be right now? Skilled 7 footer who can do it all. Perfect.

The thing about statements like this.... It doesn't take into consideration HOW we are losing games.

Most didn't expect to win against Purdue, but to continue to watch our Super Seniors get HEAVY minutes, while providing very little will piss off any fan.

While Kris sees limited minutes, unless someone is dinged up or in foul trouble.

Sorry, not sorry

The thing about statements like this.... It doesn't take into consideration HOW we are losing games.

Most didn't expect to win against Purdue, but to continue to watch our Super Seniors get HEAVY minutes, while providing very little will piss off any fan.

While Kris sees limited minutes, unless someone is dinged up or in foul trouble.

Sorry, not sorry
Cool. And you thought they'd be better than 14-6? This bullshit I read here reminds me of the football season. Expected to win 8 or 9 tops. Massively exceeded expectations early and the goalposts moved and people lost sight of it at the end on what they actually accomplished considering expectations.

Thought we’d win at the RAC but otherwise every game won and lost were realistic in the outcome. . I did though expect more playing time and improvement from Mulvey, Josh O. And more playing time for Sandfort, than I’ve seen. That makes me suspect some future games I thought we’d. Win because of those 3 are a bit more doubtful.

Fran completely shitting the bed in the portal is why expectations were low and preseason rankings (expectations) aren't worth the tp you could actually wipe your ass with by this point, but bravo on that point you think you made OP. Doesn't excuse the fact they could be a better team if Francis wasn't such a stubborn, biased f*ckhead

Cool. And you thought they'd be better than 14-6? This bullshit I read here reminds me of the football season. Expected to win 8 or 9 tops. Massively exceeded expectations early and the goalposts moved and people lost sight of it at the end on what they actually accomplished considering expectations.
Why even say 14-6

You thought we'd lose to any of those BS garbage teams we played early??

We are sub .500 vs b1g teams and sub .500 vs p5/6 teams ...

Fran completely shitting the bed in the portal is why expectations were low and preseason rankings (expectations) aren't worth the tp you could actually wipe your ass with by this point, but bravo on that point you think you made OP. Doesn't excuse the fact they could be a better team if Francis wasn't such a stubborn, biased f*ckhead
Oh I see. Bring in more free agents next time when he already had a full roster and he got Rebraca to replace Nunge.

Why even say 14-6

You thought we'd lose to any of those BS garbage teams we played early??

We are sub .500 vs b1g teams and sub .500 vs p5/6 teams ...
NET is top 25 and that matters greatly. Wins at Virginia and neutral vs Utah St, MATTER..

LOL....a waste of Murray's. What will the excuse be next year? Fran is the epidemy of mediocracy and Iowa and their fans deserve each other to eternity and I guess I'm included into that hellhole.
I hate to do this cause I like the message, but going to have to slap the WOB on this disease ridden post.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
A waste of 2 guys who had Western Illinois as their best offers? Swing and a miss.
What did Fran do with them, dumb ass! The Murray's aren't a waste, the coach, playing JBO and Connor as much as he does is the true travesty and not getting a true center in the portal to go along with the Murray's is the waste.
Fran deserves all the criticism heaped on him for going along with all the Iowa fans with there, but Iowa lost 3 starters and 1 bench player last year, so if Iowa doesn't do well, it's not the coaches fault mentality. Carry on!

• Haha
Reactions: Chishawk1425
What did Fran do with them, dumb ass! The Murray's aren't a waste, the coach, playing JBO and Connor as much as he does is the true travesty and not getting a true center in the portal to go along with the Murray's is the waste.
Fran deserves all the criticism heaped on him for going along with all the Iowa fans with there, but Iowa lost 3 starters and 1 bench player last year, so if Iowa doesn't do well, it's not the coaches fault mentality. Carry on!
They play a ton, dumbass. Wasted? We have no inside presence. The team is limited and has overachieved. But keep projecting.

I don't disagree. I do think expectations can be adjusted during the season especially in the football season this year. We saw hawks get a lot of breaks and win games solely with defense and SP creating points and good field position. Even just an average offense and you are maybe looking at a 12 win season, etc.

So my point is... there was some valid reasons to bitch about the final season result for the football team. I had no expectations for bball team tho but frans coaching decisions are still baffling at times

Iowa football is 8-4 with two guaranted home wins vs FCS creampuffs....sometimes they win close games and schedule is soft and they exceed and get 9 or 10 wins....and then get blown out when they play someone good. Some years they lose the close ones and they are 6-6 or 7-4. This 10 year win was just the normal variation of what you see with KF...backed into B1G title game and then blown out.

Iowa B-ball is 0.500 in B1G over last 40 years. We are going to be around that this year...I suspect we have talent to be 7th place in B1G and make NCAA and Fran is going to coach them to 9th place and NIT.

Last year was the year we waited 11 years in Bball and Fran pissed it down his legs.

I'm confused what the point of this thread is. We cant be upset at the god awful decisions Fran has made this year because our team was supposed to suck? Lol... gmafb.
I wanted to know going into the season what people actually thought compared to where we are now. It matters. Win on Sunday and still in great shape. Making the Dance is a successful season considering the OP.

ADVERTISEMENT