ADVERTISEMENT

Where Will Stanley End Up?

1. Denver (They need a backup)
2. Pittsburgh (backups currently are lacking. Similar skill set to Big Ben, not as big as Big Ben)
3. Baltimore Ravens(Couldn't convert a 4th down in playoffs. Stanley's QB sneaks may be the answer in short yardage.)
4. Carolina Panthers QB whisperer Joe Brady could work with Stanley
5. New England Patriots. If Tom Brady leaves I expect them to bring in several candidates to help the team. The organization once took a chance in the late rounds on another Big Ten QB and it turned out ok.

The game speeds up every time you go up a level. I can't imagine Nate in the NFL with faster D lineman, LB's etc.

Reactions: pondscum
2. Pittsburgh (backups currently are lacking. Similar skill set to Big Ben, not as big as Big Ben)
3. Baltimore Ravens(Couldn't convert a 4th down in playoffs. Stanley's QB sneaks may be the answer in short yardage.)
5. New England Patriots. If Tom Brady leaves I expect them to bring in several candidates to help the team. The organization once took a chance in the late rounds on another Big Ten QB and it turned out ok.
You're suggesting the Ravens draft Stanley simply to keep on the roster for QB sneaking on 4th downs?

You're suggesting the Ravens draft Stanley simply to keep on the roster for QB sneaking on 4th downs?

Sorry it wasn't meant to be a legit list. I more or less threw darts at a board and justified the selection. But this in mind if the qb sneak averages 3 yards or more per carry it could be ran everytime and you wouldn't have to punt ;)

What was his major in college? I appreciate what he has given to Iowa; but, I don't think his accuracy is NFL level.

I've heard of the above other than Carolina. Nate will have a better interior line than he had the last two seasons.

Reactions: Birdmanil
Many teams need QBs. Bengals, Dolphins, and 'Skins would be looking (though they need other positions as much or more). Chargers and Patriots are letting their veteran starters go, Raiders aren't sure Carr is the answer any more, and several teams (Lions, Broncos, Falcons and Steelers) need backups.

I'd agree it's all a crap shoot for Stanley. I think we can all agree he will likely get drafted and have a shot to make a team's roster.

A team like Baltimore will pass on Stanley. He is much too different than their starter. It wouldn't make sense.

Saints on a mock I saw (4th round). Seems early but he would be a good fit in NO given one of Brees or Bridgewater will be there and the other gone.

Denver needs and EXPERIENCED back up. Drew Lock had a nice run but I have seen QB's have good short runs then once the DC's figure them out they struggle. I think Stanley is NFL material.

Reactions: BigDelHawk
I would add the Saints to that list. Brees is not getting any younger and their backup is more of a runner than a passer.

1. Denver maybe.
2. Pittsburgh, no. They have already said in a post season presser that they are happy with Mason Rudolph as a backup to Ben. They could take a flyer on Tua if he would fall to the 2nd round due to injury concerns.
3. Baltimore, no.
4. Carolina, doubtful. They just drafted a young backup last year.
5. New England, maybe.

Reactions: jdigman
Might be the only one but would love for my Bears to take a shot on him! Would love if we got Beathard also.

Stanley will end up somewhere working on getting rid of the ball a lot quicker and having better pocket presence, with that being said he definitely will get a shot and with improving upon those things might even get to play some.
I feel that he improved on both those areas as the season went on. Part of having pocket presence is actually HAVING a pocket. Nate was dead to rights against Michigan and PSU.

Reactions: mazda1 and iafan44
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Judging by the fact that the Vikings were willing to part ways with all their athletic QBs to sign a statue behind center, I bet Minnesota will take a chance on Stanley so that if anything happens to Cousins, they won't be missing their statue at QB.

Reactions: large78
ADVERTISEMENT