ADVERTISEMENT

Which are your Top 6 Teams now? IOWA in Top 20?

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
There were a couple of notable upsets this weekend with #3 Michigan State & #9 Wake Forest going down.

Hopefully Cincy fans won't be so outraged this week after they barely survived against 3-6 Tulsa.

My Top 6:

1. Georgia, 9-0
2. Alabama, 8-1
3. Oregon, 8-1
4. Ohio State, 8-1
5. Cincinnati, 9-0
6. Michigan State, 8-1

Guessing these teams follow:

7. Michigan, 8-1
8. Oklahoma, 9-0
9. Notre Dame, 8-1
10. Oklahoma State, 8-1

Reactions: SotaHawk87
13 ESPN writers vote on the CFP teams.

Here is their top 6. Does idle Oklahoma jump Michigan (won) & Michigan State (lost)?

Note that it is a coin flip between tOSU & Cincinnati for the 4th and final spot.

Most Popular Playoff Picks​

TEAM (RECORD)VOTES
Georgia (9-0)13/13
Alabama (8-1)13/13
Oregon (8-1)11/13
Ohio State (8-1)7/13
Cincinnati (9-0)7/13
Oklahoma (9-0)1/13

The 13 Writers:

Andrea Adelson:
1. Georgia, 2. Cincinnati, 3. Alabama, 4. Oregon
Kyle Bonagura: 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Ohio State
Bill Connelly: 1. Georgia, 2. Cincinnati, 3. Oklahoma, 4. Alabama
Heather Dinich: 1. Georgia, 2. Oregon, 3. Alabama, 4. Ohio State
David M. Hale: 1. Georgia, 2. Cincinnati, 3. Alabama, 4. Oregon
Chris Low: 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Cincinnati
Ryan McGee: 1. Georgia, 2. Oregon, 3. Ohio State, 4. Alabama
Adam Rittenberg: 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Cincinnati
Alex Scarborough: 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Ohio State
Mark Schlabach: 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Ohio State
Paolo Uggetti: 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Cincinnati
Tom VanHaaren: 1. Georgia, 2. Alabama, 3. Cincinnati, 4. Ohio State
Dave Wilson: 1. Georgia, 2. Oregon, 3. Ohio State, 4. Alabama

God these guys suck. They will do anything to get 2 SEC teams in. If Bama beats Georgia in SECCG both are a shoe in for the playoff.

Reactions: pmtdc
God these guys suck. They will do anything to get 2 SEC teams in. If Bama beats Georgia in SECCG both are a shoe in for the playoff.

The CFP Committee seems to REALLY like Georgia & Bama, where the Committee believes there is clear separation from teams 3 through 9.

Therefore, I continue to think its possible that if Bama & Georgia do not lose prior to the the SEC Championship game and the SEC Championship game is a one score difference, Bama and Georgia both make it to the CFP, no matter who wins

The CFP Committee seems to REALLY like Georgia & Bama, where the Committee believes there is clear separation from teams 3 through 9.

Therefore, I continue to think its possible that if Bama & Georgia do not lose prior to the the SEC Championship game and the SEC Championship game is a one score difference, Bama and Georgia both make it to the CFP, no matter who wins
A 2 loss Bama team would definitely get in before a 2 loss tOSU.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Cincy knew they needed style points and they definitely have not come through on that.

There would need to be significant weirdness happen for a 2 loss B1G team make the CFP. However, a 2 loss 'bama (if the second loss is to uga in the SEC title game) could very well get the nod.

There were a couple of notable upsets this weekend with #3 Michigan State & #9 Wake Forest going down.

Hopefully Cincy fans won't be so outraged this week after they barely survived against 3-6 Tulsa.

My Top 6:

1. Georgia, 9-0
2. Alabama, 8-1
3. Oregon, 8-1
4. Ohio State, 8-1
5. Cincinnati, 9-0
6. Michigan State, 8-1

Guessing these teams follow:

7. Michigan, 8-1
8. Oklahoma, 9-0
9. Notre Dame, 8-1
10. Oklahoma State, 8-1

I got the first 5 teams right.

But should Michigan be #6?

FDzIWkjX0AkgF2U

This is why they need to expand it to at least 8 teams. I don’t believe Cincinnati is a top 4 team but if they go undefeated they should at least get a chance. In an ideal world, all P5 conference winners make it and then you have 3 spots for undefeated teams, the SEC’s 2nd best team or wherever else deserves it.

I wouldn't have Alabama 2 sorry they lost to an unranked under performing school but they are Alabama so why not 2

I don't understand how Cincinnati is ranked above Oklahoma. The Sooners may have an easy schedule but it is tougher than Cincy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT