ADVERTISEMENT

Which channel did you watch if you watched the election night?

funksouljon

HR Heisman
Jan 26, 2004
STL area
An more specifically, why?

I was in and out for the evening, and had it on in the background. But I was curious about the various channels and the presentation. So I flipped it around.

If you enjoy numbers, MSNBC's Steve Bernacki is the guy. The data he can seamlessly just talk on is impressive. I didn't see the other channels have anything similar, but when he is on "The Big Board", and starts to compare Candidate A and Candidate B, and here is how they compare to Trump vs Bidens 2020 %, and why for that specific county, which historically votes heavily in one way or the other, being that this candidate outperformed Trump/Biden, even though only X% is in and they have shifted Y points, its a good sign for the Candidate....

And thats in North Carolina, lets now just to Ohio, and do the same exact same comparison and historical analysis.

It's impressive, and loving data, the analytics hold my attention.

I do like Fox's ticker on the bottom that goes state by state, and shows each election (gov, senate race, house) and the numbers. But Kellyanne Conway is so out of place. It's pretty clear she is really just a political hack trying to talk shop with news people.

CBS, nbc, cnn, and the random stuff online. I am not loyal to a media network and they all annoy me after a short period of time.

This lady from CBS Gayle King, she can eat a dick. Gayle King is rude to people and acts like she is far superior to anyone not in whatever her position is. I’ve seen her face but I don’t know her and I am not impressed by her at all.

I watched Food Network. It was the first night of Beat Bobby Flay - Holiday Edition. Y’all missed out.

My kids love the show Nailed It.

screen-shot-2020-04-10-at-12-44-37-pm-1586537092.png

I actually enjoy Bill Hemmer on Fox (long time ago was on CNN). He’s an Ohio kid so he knows that battleground state inside and out. He’s also able to rattle off stats, previous election facts like a boss.

But Karl Rove does it for me, he does not talk heavy analytics but the guys gets it inside and out. Has an uncanny knack for trends in each neighborhood in America. His commentary is usually on point.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
The local channels seemed to go to commercial every 30 seconds. Msnbc and fox were ridiculously slanted and unwatchable. CNN was what I watched the most.

The local channels seemed to go to commercial every 30 seconds. Msnbc and fox were ridiculously slanted and unwatchable. CNN was what I watched the most.

I flipped around. Started on local WHO coverage of Iowa races.
It became apparent quickly that Iowa races were lopsided so switched to msnbc. I like kornacki and some guests like the former Obama strategists.
Later I flipped to FoxNews for their reaction. Rove is smart.

Kornacki is awesome. Don’t need the rest of the MSNBC crew though.

He should have Chuck Todd’s spot on actual NBC.
I watched MSNBC for a few then turn it all off.

Did I hear right that someone on the panel on MSNBC sailed the reason Desantis and Rubio won so big was because of gerrymandering? Really?

Reactions: DogBoyRy
I watched the Breaking Points show on YouTube.

I will always support Krystal and Saager over anything cable news

I watched MSNBC because I was told yesterday it was going to be must-watch TV. Also because Kornacki is the Jim Cantore of elections.

Switched back and forth between PBS and the local ABC, NBC and CBS affiliates for Iowa results.

Listened to local radio station while working out but the TV stuff is just too nerdy and in the weeds for my taste.

same...Kornacki is the best...rest of that crew kind of sucked.

agreed, Kornacki is enjoyable to watch, that guy seems to love his job, the rest of that group, heh and some of the takes were over the top

I switched around a lot for the political coverage, watched more of the Maction game (Ball St vs Toledo ) than the politics

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

Did I hear right that someone on the panel on MSNBC sailed the reason Desantis and Rubio won so big was because of gerrymandering? Really?

I heard them talking about it. Which is your struggle, that gerrymandering occurs still and might have occurred or that they "accused" him of it?

Kornacki is awesome. Don’t need the rest of the MSNBC crew though.

He should have Chuck Todd’s spot on actual NBC.

I heard them talking about it. Which is your struggle, that gerrymandering occurs still and might have occurred or that they "accused" him of it?
That gerrymandering was the reason DeSantis and Rubio won big. Gerrymandering has nothing to do with the Senate and Governor’s race. Statewide voting, not by district.

That gerrymandering was the reason DeSantis and Rubio won big. Gerrymandering has nothing to do with the Senate and Governor’s race. Statewide voting, not by district.

They were commenting on this reporting and it was specific to the House's redistricting. They also talked about how it was a flex on Trump. They weren't talking about the Gov and Senate races. I was halfway listening to a segment where this topic was discussed. So unless it came up multiple times, I likely heard what you are talking about.

Reactions: cigaretteman
MSNBC's guy seems to be the best at "the board" and information/math which is what I enjoy the most. Cant stand Maddow so I can usually only take it limited increments.

They were commenting on this reporting and it was specific to the House's redistricting. They also talked about how it was a flex on Trump. They weren't talking about the Gov and Senate races. I was halfway listening to a segment where this topic was discussed. So unless it came up multiple times, I likely heard what you are talking about.

Reactions: Jan Itor
MSNBC's guy seems to be the best at "the board" and information/math which is what I enjoy the most. Cant stand Maddow so I can usually only take it limited increments.

Lots of lag this AM on the board. Some of y'all are pretty impatient. Bet it was hard for "you people" to watch pron back in the day as well.

WGN - had Chris Cuomo and Bill O'Rielly together for about 10 very entertaining minutes

I actually enjoy Bill Hemmer on Fox (long time ago was on CNN). He’s an Ohio kid so he knows that battleground state inside and out. He’s also able to rattle off stats, previous election facts like a boss.

But Karl Rove does it for me, he does not talk heavy analytics but the guys gets it inside and out. Has an uncanny knack for trends in each neighborhood in America. His commentary is usually on point.
Hammer and Rove were a disaster by about 1 AM. Hammer was screwing up every Texas city when they were discussing Texas House districts.

And Rove needs his "whiteboard" to keep showing how Republicans can still win this. Unfortunately, Megan Kelly wasn't there to embarrass him.

So I guess we will just have to disagree.

To the OP...Mostly watched John King. Rachael Maddow is cringeworthy.

Hammer and Rove were a disaster by about 1 AM. Hammer was screwing up every Texas city when they were discussing Texas House districts.

And Rove needs his "whiteboard" to keep showing how Republicans can still win this. Unfortunately, Megan Kelly wasn't there to embarrass him.

So I guess we will just have to disagree.

To the OP...Mostly watched John King. Rachael Maddow is cringeworthy.

hahaha. 36 hours of election reporting is a young person's game! Fox had a couple on (can never remember his name) but one of the older dudes has the cadence of Deputy Dog. Im sure his mind was shagged by midnight as well.

Reactions: MitchLL

I was in and out for the evening, and had it on in the background. But I was curious about the various channels and the presentation. So I flipped it around.

If you enjoy numbers, MSNBC's Steve Bernacki is the guy. The data he can seamlessly just talk on is impressive. I didn't see the other channels have anything similar, but when he is on "The Big Board", and starts to compare Candidate A and Candidate B, and here is how they compare to Trump vs Bidens 2020 %, and why for that specific county, which historically votes heavily in one way or the other, being that this candidate outperformed Trump/Biden, even though only X% is in and they have shifted Y points, its a good sign for the Candidate....

And thats in North Carolina, lets now just to Ohio, and do the same exact same comparison and historical analysis.

I do like Fox's ticker on the bottom that goes state by state, and shows each election (gov, senate race, house) and the numbers. But Kellyanne Conway is so out of place. It's pretty clear she is really just a political hack trying to talk shop with news people.
The Spice Network. It was awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon

Agree about bernacki.
I split between msnbc and fox - really.
Msnbc was pretty good except giraffe neck and lawrence who looks like a mortician does his makeup.
Fox i always like rove. Pure #’s.

Kornachi is the GUY when it comes to stats. To me when he talks I listen kinda like herbstreit on gameday. Hes just the one you truly absorb everything he’s saying
Kornachi is the expect on stats after honing his craft for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT