ADVERTISEMENT

Which elite athlete’s career do you wish wasn’t shortened?

Pick 2- Who do you wish had “those years” back to play?

• Barry Sanders

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • Tiger Woods

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Ken Griffey Jr.

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Bo Jackson

Votes: 58 60.4%
  • Michael Phelps

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mario Lemieux

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Eric Lindross

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Andrew Luck

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Derek Rose

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Michael Jordan (two retirement years that let Rockets win)

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters

FAUlty Gator

HB Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Some still played after injuries like Rose but were never the same. Some just ended.

Koufax would be on here but he’d only get like 1 vote by Joel.

Griffey was injured ? I don’t remember that.
Other than 1995, he never really sustained major injuries. He got nickeled and dimed with plenty of minor ones that did adversely affect his performance.

OPs mom not being able to do the jack hammer really hurt her HROT career.

But really, the only real answer is Bo.

Len Bias
Kerry Wood
As a Celtics fan, my first choice would be Len Bias. I still can’t help but think to this day how many more championships Larry Legend would have had if not for fugging cocaine. I mean, that front court of Parish, McHale, and Bird is the GOAT. Just, unbelievable what Len Bias would have provided going into that ‘86-‘87 season and beyond.

I picked Bo Jackson. He is one of my all-time favorites. Barry Sanders was a close second, but Bo’s career was cut way too short.

As a Celtics fan, my first choice would be Len Bias. I still can’t help but think to this day how many more championships Larry Legend would have had if not for fugging cocaine. I mean, that front court of Parish, McHale, and Bird is the GOAT. Just, unbelievable what Len Bias would have provided going into that ‘86-‘87 season and beyond.

I picked Bo Jackson. He is one of my all-time favorites. Barry Sanders was a close second, but Bo’s career was cut way too short.
Boston Bobby Orr

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Who was that center for Baylor that had to stop playing right before the NBA draft because he had a bad heart?

I might catch hell for this, but Pierre Pierce. Hawkeye basketball has been my favorite sports team for as long as I can remember. Iowa FINALLY landed a long, athletic guard that could play at both ends. He threw his life and career away not to mention causing lifelong scars for his victim and her family. Alford’s ass should have fired on the spot for his defense of Pierce.

Mario Lemieux for sure. Still haven't seen a player do what he could do. Just had that 6th, dare I say 7th sense out there like Bird did. The Hodgkin's disease, the bad back, the NHL thug rules at the time. What could have been.

Lemieux-Goal-Optimized03.gif

u7mk5Gq.gif

d4hApCb.gif

I might catch hell for this, but Pierre Pierce. Hawkeye basketball has been my favorite sports team for as long as I can remember. Iowa FINALLY landed a long, athletic guard that could play at both ends. He threw his life and career away not to mention causing lifelong scars for his victim and her family. Alford’s ass should have fired on the spot for his defense of Pierce.
Pierce's problem on the court was his FT and ball handling. For a lead guard he turned it over too much.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Pierce's problem on the court was his FT and ball handling. For a lead guard he turned it over too much.
Oh for sure. He had his flaws on the court. I was just so pumped to have an athletic guard for a change and I’m sure in my younger years I was more concerned with a dude that would dunk and slap the backboard than someone that would take care of the ball. Never claimed to be smart TB.

Reactions: tumorboy
Oh for sure. He had his flaws on the court. I was just so pumped to have an athletic guard for a change and I’m sure in my younger years I was more concerned with a dude that would dunk and slap the backboard than someone that would take care of the ball. Never claimed to be smart TB.
Pierce wasn't alone . Iowa during the Alford years seemed to have an issue with TO's. It's maddening to watch a team beat itself consistently.

Reactions: jellyfish10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT