ADVERTISEMENT

Which game worries you more: Northern Iowa or Iowa State

Which Game worries you more?

• Iowa State 9/8

Votes: 93 77.5%
  • Northern Iowa 9/15

Votes: 27 22.5%

• Total voters
C'mon Harbinger you're as knowledgeable about the teams in this state as anyone around here. Whether we like it or not ISU is going to be late 90's early 2000's McCarney good. Yeah I know 2009 but are you really worried about UNI this season ?

Isu is the better team and we have them earlier. If uni was our first game then maybe I would be worried about them but we will have the rust shaken off by game 3 and uni shouldn't give us any troubles. I'm glad isu is at home

I think ISU will be similar to us; some very good parts, but plugging some key holes that make it hard to really nail down what to expect.

Reactions: kceasthawk
We beat Iowa State at a 55% clip under KF and they have one of their best rosters in a decade; no one should be counting that as an auto-win. Should be a great game, Hawks by a FG.

I really don't worry about games anymore, rather soak them in and take them for what they are- a game. Iowa State should be stiffer competition.

I do look forward to some more than others. Neither ISU or UNI move the needle on my anticipation meter. Conference play does...except for Rutgers and MD. Heck it took PSU two decades to shed the red-headed cousin syndrome. Just me...will forever be a traditionalist.

Reactions: ctghawk
Both Northern Illinois and ISU should field really tough teams ... both will really help the Hawks to improve as a squad.

No offense to UNI, because they ought to field a fine team too ... however, after the improvement that the Hawks make after the first two games ... the Hawks should be a little closer to "humming" ... and that will make it that much harder for the Panthers to pull off the upset.

We should win both fairly easily. Iowa State this year is far more of a challenge than UNI will be. How much of a challenge will be dictated by how much of a threat ISU's running attack is with David Montgomery.

Hawkeye fans should worry about all games. Iowa has a superior roster than either team and at Kinnick. Worrisome but we win both.

This is the correct answer.

Iowa State is superior to UNI. On paper. Iowa is superior to both. On paper.

Unfortunately, on paper doesn't always translate to on field. Just ask Ohio State.

With that said, the difference in years past (when Iowa State has "upset" Iowa) has been the battle in the trenches, where it's been a wash and turnovers are the difference. This year, Iowa should dominate on both sides of the ball. I think Iowa will be undefeated in the non-con again this year. We'll see.

Reactions: millhawk
The Panthers will struggle early again this year, as usual. And talent-wise, are down somewhat. I do not believe they will give IA much of a game. I think ISU will.

Depends how you interpret . FCS teams always worry me more because losing to them is completely embarrassing

While it would suck losing to ISU, they are a power 5 team that just won a bowl game. They are a much better team than UNI.

C'mon Harbinger you're as knowledgeable about the teams in this state as anyone around here. Whether we like it or not ISU is going to be late 90's early 2000's McCarney good. Yeah I know 2009 but are you really worried about UNI this season ?
NIU as in Northern Illinois. Toss up between them and ISU. Like Homes said both are good games for us to have in the non con to get sharpened up for B1G play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT