ADVERTISEMENT

Which Iowa Football player would be the best walk-on basketball player?

AestroHogs

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2019
I commented half jokingly on another thread that we should recruit Kaevon Merriweather to the basketball team, since at least Kaevon had a D-I offer to play basketball out of Romulus High. But it got me thinking - especially since we are playing one of our star baseball players at point guard - what other multisport athletes (in particular football players) could we pull over to the basketball team as a walkon, for depth reasons?

This team could use an Ahmad Wagner

I commented half jokingly on another thread that we should recruit Kaevon Merriweather to the basketball team, since at least Kaevon had a D-I offer to play basketball out of Romulus High. But it got me thinking - especially since we are playing one of our star baseball players at point guard - what other multisport athletes (in particular football players) could we pull over to the basketball team as a walkon, for depth reasons?

This team could use an Ahmad Wagner
Merriweather, Epenesa or Golston.

Reactions: Rudolph
Eppy would be awesome on the boards. Love to see that.
I'd second that. Makes me think of Julius Peppers at North Carolina about 15 years ago. Both defensive ends, both high draft picks (assuming), athletically superior.... Peppers walked on for basketball and actually did contribute on a good team. And had a slew of highlights if I recall.

Reactions: BBHawk
AJE was a four year letter winner in basketball and scored 1,000+ points.

Stanley, who is the school record holder for points, was player of the year in his conference scoring 1,350+ points over his career including 23 ppg and 12.2 rpg as a senior.

Alaric Jackson I remember was a good basketball player. I think there was a podcast where Gervase said he was the best player on the team.

Don't know if they played basketball but I'd say ISM or Brandon Smith. My guess is that they could lock some dudes down defensively and throw down some crazy dunks.

Goodson to run the point to create space and finish.

Riley Moss because the way he gets run over when he's trying to tackle looks exactly like a guy trying to draw a charge.

Bring in Duncan just for the game at Nebraska. Let him check in, blow some kisses, check back out.

I was going to say Duncan. He’d challenge Bohannon for clutch threes and it would be an interesting battle to see who dons the number 3.

Reactions: Buffalo43
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT