ADVERTISEMENT

Which is more douchey? Izzo or Calipari

Izzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're both sleazy, but at least Calipari isn't in the official's faces from the second they walk onto the court. Also, I think it's odd that McCaffery has a hot head reputation, but I've never seen any coach get in the faces of his players like Izzo does. All done with love, I'm sure, so forgiven by the talking heads.

They're both sleazy, but at least Calipari isn't in the official's faces from the second they walk onto the court. Also, I think it's odd that McCaffery has a hot head reputation, but I've never seen any coach get in the faces of his players like Izzo does. All done with love, I'm sure, so forgiven by the talking heads.

For sure. Every time Fran shows even a little bit of fire, I see talking heads and opposing fans make a big deal about him being a crazy, loose cannon yet I have seen Izzo (and other coaches) do the same things and worse for years.

It’s because he’s short and cuddly or something.

It's Izzo because most douchebags in society typically are very two-faced individuals.

Like a CEO of a Fortune 500 company that donates millions to the homeless and research of diseases etc, and gives back to communities etc etc.............and also runs a major heroin distribution on the side.

"But but but look at all the good he's done for the community. He seems like such a great guy-" blah blah blah

That's Tom Izzo. Great to the MSU community. An a**hole to everyone else.

True story.

Who would you rather have as your head coach. Calipari and Izzo or Fran?
Fran, obviously. ;)

I will say, though, that if, at the end of the season, Fran decided "Ya know what, I'm gonna take the Brooklyn Nets job (hypothetical) that just opened up"..........a lot of people around the United States would be very VERY salty if John Calipari decided to leave Kentucky and go to Iowa.

Fran, obviously. ;)

I will say, though, that if, at the end of the season, Fran decided "Ya know what, I'm gonna take the Brooklyn Nets job (hypothetical) that just opened up"..........a lot of people around the United States would be very VERY salty if John Calipari decided to leave Kentucky and go to Iowa.
Wow! Your answer really surprised me. If the Hawk flame out early this year. lets revisit this. LOL

"Douche = slobbering little Pitino. Dude just has a douche face and can't keep his own spit in his own mouth."

Ah, but it's been such fun to watch his hair plugs grow this season!

Last edited:
The difference here:

Izzo plays a douche on TV.

Caliperi IS a douche.

tenor.gif

Who would you rather have as your head coach. Calipari and Izzo or Fran?

Here is my answer:

Although we all, obviously, are die hard fans and want our teams to win; it isn't at all cost.
Izzo used to be my favorite coach in the Big Ten. He won a title, contends for Final Four apperances and conference titles year after year. He recruits well. However, his antics have passed any Big Ten coach, including Fran who has actually been much more calm this year than years past. His whining is incredibly pathetic, especially towards officials. He was out of line for his comments at halftime in our game Tuesday as well but guess what? Iowa outfouled MSU 11-3 when the game was on the line. Then there is all the slime behind MSU... The rape allegations, the sick stuff going on with a team doctor, etc...

Coach Cal illegally recruits. You know it, I know it, we all know it. He was caught at UMass and Memphis. He won't at Kentucky because the NCAA won't touch them. He oozes slime out to wazoo. He is, however, a players coach and he does try to connect with them. His demeanor on the court is better than Izzo and Fran's. All that said, I don't think I would want to risk Iowa's reputation as a clean program to be out the window with Coach Cal.

Fran has his faults but he doesn't cheat and holds players accountable (for the most part). He is recruiting kids that are some diamonds in the rough that he hits homeruns on (CJ Frederick) and some doubles (Gabe Olesani). He has landed some top recruits (Joe Weiskamp, Tyler Cook) and missed on tons of others (Xavier Foster, DJ Carton from Iowa, Tyler Ulis was one of the last huge names we missed). Iowa has had more bad or okay years than good but that trend is reversing. His in game coaching is improving and we are possibly going to win 20 games while having 7 scholarship players available for almost half of the Big Ten season. He has good blowups and blowouts but I am willing to back Fran. He's an East Coast guy who has bought into the Midwest.

Long story short... Izzo and Cal are probably better in game coaches and better recruiters (but at what cost?) I am getting behind Fran more and more these days. Fran runs a clean program.

Fran then Cal then Izzo on my list.

Reactions: owenhawk
I asked you first!

That’s a tough one for me honestly. Do I want a team that competes for the Final Four consistently with a coach who I know is cheating and/or creating a culture where bad things are happening and criminal activity and with players who I know are creeps doing bad things? I haven’t really had that option so tough to say.

I know with Ferentz and Fran that Iowa has two coaches that are pretty clean and recruiting respectable kids that for the most part are representing the school well and staying out of trouble. And that is something to be proud of and respect as a fan.

Would I like a few more deep tournament runs and competing for conference championships? Yeah but I’m not sure if I’m ok with what would come with it.

ADVERTISEMENT