ADVERTISEMENT

Which MLB player did you most try to copy while playing baseball or wiffle ball in the backyard

This topic came from the Andre Dawson thread, and that is the answer for me. Never really figured out how to get a proper balance with his weird stance and never tried it in any serious setting. But heck, I still imitate it at 40 playing whiffle ball with the kids.

Pitching was always Nolan Ryan’s high leg kick.

Reactions: QChawks
It was the 1970s and I hit left handed...Reggie Jackson of course..

We had fun mocking a number of the oddball ones with bat up, bat forward, super wide open stances, etc. The one I remember most was Craig Counsell's swing.

74392023_display_image.jpg

Reactions: QChawks
Saw QC Hawks bring this up in another thread so i thought it needed its own thread. Who did you most copy? Whether it be the batting stance, pitching motion, etc. Mine would have to be either Darryl Strawberry or Leon Durham. While pitching was usually imitating Doc Goodens motion.

As a career shortstop and second baseman from teeball to high school and my formative years were in the 80s....it was Ozzie Smith of the Cardinals.

Some of the fun ones were:
Pops Stargell
Joe Morgan
Dave Kingman (just get your legs as wide as possible while still being able to balance)
Steve Garvey

Sheffield when screwing around in the back yard. Gary Carter would have been the stance when it was time to get serious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT