ADVERTISEMENT

Which of these could you do?

Which one(s) could you pull off

• Make a 30 yard field goal (assume with no rush)

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Make a PK against an average high school goalkeeper

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Make 2 free throws

Votes: 79 81.4%
  • Drain a 10 foot putt

Votes: 56 57.7%
  • Put a ball in play against a D1 college pitcher

Votes: 17 17.5%

• Total voters

SeaPA

HR Heisman
Dec 17, 2002
Which do you realistically think you could do? If you HAD to do one to win a night with OPs mom, which would you attempt?

Reactions: JupiterHawk
first three I would have the best chance, I have a decent leg and I play hoops

I cannot putt to save my life and my son can strike me out in whiffle ball

The putt and putting the ball in play would be the most difficult. The others I think would be manageable, certainly not routine but also not ridiculously difficult.

When I was younger, I'd be somewhat confident in the first 4. I could never hit worth a damn, so my only hope of putting a ball in play would be to try to bunt.

If I had to accomplish one now, I'd probably go with the free throws. I was a pretty good shooter & with a couple of days to practice think I could hit two in a row with some consistency. If the putt was flat/straight, I'd feel somewhat confident of that. Not sure I can still make a kick from 30 yards out (though I did go to a function 5 or 6 years ago on the field at JerryWorld, and they had a thing set up where you could kick extra points; I mishit the first two I tried, then made 5 in a row. Had to quit after the 5th because I feared a pulled hammy if I kicked another).

Reactions: BelemNole
Depends on the green but would probably try the free throws. D1 pitcher might be doable. I'd try to bunt, I've always been very good at that.

I feel like the PK or the free throws would be my best shot if I got pulled away from the computer right now and given one shot.

I think I could get enough leg on the soccer ball and aim it enough to have a chance against a HS goalie, and I might be able to sink two free throws.

The other ones...
The FG maybe if I had an afternoon to loosen up my leg and get some practice kicks in
The 10ft putt would be maybe a 20% chance, or less depending on the green I'm putting on.
The putting a ball in play vs a D1 pitcher would be a waste of everyone's time for me to try. It would ONLY be by accident.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
2 FT's out of how many attempts? And I got a hit off a High A pitcher when I was 12 so I know I can do that. I swung the bat as he brought his arm over the top...I think my eyes were closed. Hit a dribbler down the first base line.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
The field goal, free throws, and putt I could go do right now.

If you give me an hour or so per day to practice, I could do the PK tomorrow and put the ball in play in a couple weeks.

I did get a hit off a future MLB pitcher, when he was 15 & I was 13. Weak dribbler infield single (they had a fat, slow 3rd baseman, I managed to make contact on a breaking ball & roll it down the 3rd baseline; I was fast & beat it out). My brother actually beat him in that game - the only game he lost in two years in the local league. We won 1-0, both threw complete games. My bro went the distance & scored the only run - walk, went to 2nd on a passed ball, and scored on a single by the guy who was our best player (he played small college ball).

The guy pitched in the majors for 13 or 14 years, as a starter for a few years & then as a reliever the rest of his career - including appearances in 7 WS games over 3 Series for the As.

FG would be easy
PK less easy because of the keeper
10 foot putt probably a 1-5 chance

I cant make 2 consecutive free throws to save my life.
Zero chance against a college pitcher

I coached youth football 2 years ago. We ended practice trying out kickers (we didn't attempt a FG all year). I said that if I made a 35 yarder on the first try, they wouldn't need to run for conditioning that day. Those boys lost some games that year, but I don't remember more of a look of disappointment and failure on their faces as that ball sailed right in between the uprights.

Last edited:
Free throws, putting and PK for sure

I like to think I could do the FG but its been a while

No chance in hell of putting a baseball in play

10 foot putt - probably best odds.

FTs are close second but I don't play as much and hitting two is tough to imagine.

Goal is next, I reckon. I use to play but I am sure I kick not that great now and would be easy to stop or just miss it.

Field Goal second to last, I have the leg but would likely shank or top it.

Hitting a college level pitcher would be near impossible for me. Did not play baseball. I would be swinging after ball was in catcher's mitt.

Do I have all day to get it done? I could have done 4 of those when I was 18/19 but probably 0 now. I haven't been able to golf since I was 12 or 13.

I’m going to go off 2 years ago and say putt and free throws easy. In highschool the fieldgoal would be no problem but even 2 years ago I’d be confident and then top the shit of the ball and break the holder’s finger. pK would either go into the stands or is top the ball and break myself. Baseball would be a waste of time.

Most confident in the 10-foot putt, at this stage in life, I practice that shot constantly as putting is the only thing I do consistently semi-well in golf.
Give me a week, and I can get the FT done. On the court, I could move slowly, effectively foul frequently, and was a deadly shooter off the ball. Imagine a less athletic Arvydas Sabonis but better looking and with better hair

The kicking options I am out, these feet are for dancing with your wives at weddings and getting free handjobs because I refuse to cheat, but they insist on giving me something for the thrill of the dance

Lastly
No one on this board is putting it in play against a d1 pitcher except by accident.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Maybe not this second, but with normal warm up I could kick a 30yd fg or make 2 FTs. No chance I could do the others.

And, FTR, 30yds is close to my limit, but I could make it dammit.

I did get a hit off a future MLB pitcher, when he was 15 & I was 13. Weak dribbler infield single (they had a fat, slow 3rd baseman, I managed to make contact on a breaking ball & roll it down the 3rd baseline; I was fast & beat it out). My brother actually beat him in that game - the only game he lost in two years in the local league. We won 1-0, both threw complete games. My bro went the distance & scored the only run - walk, went to 2nd on a passed ball, and scored on a single by the guy who was our best player (he played small college ball).

The guy pitched in the majors for 13 or 14 years, as a starter for a few years & then as a reliever the rest of his career - including appearances in 7 WS games over 3 Series for the As.

Yeah, in HS I went 2-3 against a future AL Pitcher of the Month once.

I haven't swung a bat at a baseball since 1986, though. So putting a ball in play against even a decent HS pitcher is a no.

Reactions: SeaPA
I think a lot of you are vastly overrating your ability to kick a 30 yard field goal. It would certainly be the 2nd least likely, behind putting a ball in play against a good pitcher.

I don't doubt that quite a few could make an extra point, but the additional 10 yards makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT