ADVERTISEMENT

Which of you heathens

Put your egg shells back in the carton after cracking them? My wife does this and seems to think it's common practice. Is it that difficult to go 2 feet to the trash?
no-officespace.gif

Put your egg shells back in the carton after cracking them? My wife does this and seems to think it's common practice. Is it that difficult to go 2 feet to the trash?
Sooo...puts them back in the carton with uncracked eggs???

That's a recipe for cooking up some tasty salmonella. Wood not.

Only if I'm finishing the dozen. Otherwise, they go into the trash or garbage disposal.

I've always heard egg shells and coffee grounds aren't supposed to go down the garbage disposal...

From Google: "egg shells are not recommended for the garbage disposal as the membrane can get wrapped around the impellers and cause damage"

To OP: your wife is indeed a heathen

My grandma did this- then she put the carton outside when the dozen was done for the birds to eat the shells?

I knew someone who would do this, along with putting chicken bones back in the fridge. When I asked her why, she said to keep the kitchen garbage can smell to a minimum - and would then put them in an outside waste container the night before Garbage Day.

I rarely buy eggs, but every few months I'll get a to go pack of chicken, and I put the chicken bones back in the box into the fridge, then take the bones/box out once all the leftover chicken is eaten.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT