ADVERTISEMENT

Which Rocky Movie?

tumorboy

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2002
Did they stop playing Rock and Andrian as a mentally challenged adults? II or III.

The original Rocky was decent ... for a teenager in the 70’s. A year later it was stupid.

Maybe I'm the only one who loves all the Rocky movies to include Creed I & II. I even tolerate Rocky V (admitting it is the week-link in great series).

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
Maybe I'm the only one who loves all the Rocky movies to include Creed I & II. I even tolerate Rocky V (admitting it is the week-link in great series).

I like them all as well, but Rocky 1 is only just head of Rocky 5 at this point for me - it just hasn't aged well for me. It takes so long for anything to happen, so much of the movie is setup that I got bored when I rewatched it a year or so ago.

I like them all as well, but Rocky 1 is only just head of Rocky 5 at this point for me - it just hasn't aged well for me. It takes so long for anything to happen, so much of the movie is setup that I got bored when I rewatched it a year or so ago.
I have seem them all and enjoy them. I was a teenager when Rocky I came out and still is my favorite.

I love it when he acquires the ice rink, and he is walking on the ice and Adrian is basically walking on her skates... and, they are bonding. So cool.

Reactions: ghost80
tenor.gif

I'll admit I havent seen all the original Rocky movies. But I did really enjoy Creed I and Creed II which isn't a popular opinion for many.

I like II the best. The scene where Adrian wakes up and tells Rocky to "win" gets me every time.

I like the first 3.

the fourth was great at the time but doesn’t hold up well. I think it’s sort of a guilty pleasure now, like watching Waterworld.

Rocky was a great movie. But all the idiots who don’t understand moral victories complained that Rocky didn’t win the fight, so Stallone catered to them with Rocky II, which was awful.

He then realized he could make $$$ catering to the lowest tastes, and the franchise was ruined.

Nonetheless, Rocky was a great film.

What about Rocky Balboa? The one where Adrian was dead and he had the free the beast

Last edited:
Reactions: beanerhawk
The original Rocky was decent ... for a teenager in the 70’s. A year later it was stupid.

Kinda my view.

Original was very good - with the caveat that I am not a fan of sports movies in general. 2nd was...meh - the original magic just wasn't there.

I have never watched a single second of any iteration/offshoot since. And even though I have the original in my collection, I honestly don't believe I've ever watched it. That's hard to do for a person who is an avid movie fan who watches some movies at the very least once a month.

The story just doesn't interest me any more.

Rocky was a very good drama. Rocky II was a decent sports movie, that was a little silly, but I didn't think deviated entirely from the characters and world that was created.

Rocky III and IV are insane. They're totally different movies for a totally different audience. The character of Rocky Balboa of Rocky III bears almost no resemblance to the original character. And while I appreciate the appeal of Rocky IV to 11 year olds in 1985, that movie is utterly, absurdly terrible on every level. Even I knew it wasn't good when I saw it in 1985, but when I recently rewatched it with my teenage son, I was blown away by just how stupid and poor it was.

I only saw Rocky V once. It wasn't good, but honestly I think it wasn't any worse than III and IV given that the plot was at least returned to something approaching reality.

Rocky Balboa was pretty good, and started to return the character to the original Rocky a little bit. I liked Creed quite a lot. It was a very good movie, and more captured the spirit and world of the original character. It was a proper movie for the first time in decades in the series.

I liked Creed II a little less, but it was still decent.

ADVERTISEMENT