ADVERTISEMENT

Which song sucks a bigger one: Hotel California or American Pie?

Well?

• Hotel California

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • American Pie

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Wait, those songs suck? Why have I been lied to for decades?

Votes: 29 34.9%

• Total voters
I would have thought a song that mocked Reagan's gubernatorial reign in California would make Flick happy.

The first time I heard American Pie on the radio I knew I had heard one of the greatest songs of all time.

Cheap, sappy horseshit.

tenor.gif

Mods, can we get a banhammer here?

How did I know this would ruffle your feathers in particular? Would you say Clear Channel's "classic rock" station in every city in America never fails to play exactly what you want right when you need it?

Name your top five overrated songs or top five best songs.

Let's do this.

Top 5 most overrated ever:
The Eagles - Hotel California
Don McLean - American Pie
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me
Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer
Billy Joel - Piano Man

Top 10 Best Ever (after A Day in the Life, no particular order. My thread, I get to cheat.) :
The Beatles - A Day in the Life

David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

The Stones - I Miss You

New Order - Regret

Pete Rock and CL Smooth - TROY

Nirvana - Come as You Are

Feist - My Moon My Man

Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour

The Beach Boys - Surfs Up

Devo - Beautiful World

Last edited:
I don’t think Pour Some Sugar On me and Livin’ On Prayer are even in the discussion as great songs even though in 1987 I jammed to PSSOM me in my Def Leopard mullet and T-shirt for months. I like your top five though or ten.

The winner (loser) of this matchup could go on to play the loser of Pour Some Sugar on Me and Livin' on a Prayer to face Piano Man in the final for worst piece of shit ever.

Add Don’t Stop Believing (well anything by Journey), Unchained Melody, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Imagine to the overrated list.

Since I view sucking a big one as a good thing, I chose American Pie.

Flick, you just lost a LOT of credibility points in music unless CLASSIC rock and roll isn’t your favorite. Now to define sucky music start with EVERYTHING by Michael Jackson or Prince.

The Gipsy Kings’ cover of Hotel California is awesome. So if that is allowed to be included, then American Pie sucks more of the two. If we’re only considering the original artist, then flip that around.

American Pie is so bad that a crowd full of Buddy Holly fans once booed Don McLean off the stage at the Surf in Clear Lake during the song.

The original 2 songs listed are easy, classic choices for those who want to follow and not lead or have their own original thoughts. The Eagles did many songs (maybe not many) that are superior to Hotel. And, American Pie was good as a song played on my transistor radio from years ago. Not now.

Simply my opinions. Also, listing one's Top 5-10 songs shouldn't exist. If you can narrow down your favs to 5-10, I feel sorry for you. I can't even fathom having 5-10 favorites.

Reactions: grayhair81
It's not that I hate either song, but I'm sick of hearing either one. But I'm especially sick of Hotel California.

Reactions: dirtypool
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT