Iowa
PSU
I agree

ALABAMA
GEORGIA
OREGON
IOWA
PENN STATE

If OP had included Michigan it would have been a more difficult decision. I think they’re actually playing quite well on both sides of the ball. I don’t think A&M is quite there yet. It’s still very early.

Bama - beat 2 good teams
Georgia - looks like a top team
Oregon - beat OSU on the road
Iowa - great defense and special teams, 2 wins against good teams
PSU - was going to put TAMU in here, but that was a really good win last night
Georgia not only looks like a top team but arguably they have the single best win of any team this year vs Clemson.

• Haha
Reactions: FlickShagwell
FIFY. It appears that Indinia isn't really a "good" team. Way Way overrated. Iowa State is just above average but we'll take that as a win against good teams.
Maybe on Indiana. I think ISU is a well coached team with good players and a great defense. And they get to play Big 12 teams.

FIFY. It appears that Indinia isn't really a "good" team. Way Way overrated. Iowa State is just above average but we'll take that as a win against good teams.
Indiana led for much of the game and was in it until the very end. A late interception that led to a score sealed the deal.

Indiana led for much of the game and was in it until the very end. A late interception that led to a score sealed the deal.
They got jobbed as bad as we did on a horrible overturned play that totally took the wind out of their sails and allowed Cincinnati to get on the board when they were hapless on offense most of the first half. I still think IU is going to be a quality win come December.

Reactions: fezzador
They got jobbed as bad as we did on a horrible overturned play that totally took the wind out of their sails and allowed Cincinnati to get on the board when they were hapless on offense most of the first half. I still think IU is going to be a quality win come December.
Didn’t their best defender get ejected for targeting? Not sure if that was the same play or not but i think something to that effect happened.

Didn’t their best defender get ejected for targeting? Not sure if that was the same play or not but i think something to that effect happened.
IU stopped Cincinnati at midfield on 3rd and 9 and would’ve gotten the ball back up 14-0 with 5 minutes left in the first half. Then the booth reviewed the play and ejected IU’s best guy for a ticky tack targeting and have the Bearcats 15 yards and a fresh set of downs. There was an immediate and palpable momentum swing.

Not the truth at all. They were a bad two point conversion from going to OT against the #12 team in CFB. By no means dominant. They did exactly what Michigan State did to Miami and pushed around a cupcake.
They were up 21-3 on #12 at the end of Q1 and took their foot off the gas.

IU stopped Cincinnati at midfield on 3rd and 9 and would’ve gotten the ball back up 14-0 with 5 minutes left in the first half. Then the booth reviewed the play and ejected IU’s best guy for a ticky tack targeting and have the Bearcats 15 yards and a fresh set of downs. There was an immediate and palpable momentum swing.
So I was thinking about the same play. Thanks for clarifying, I didn’t remember all the details as I was half listening while driving.

Not the truth at all. They were a bad two point conversion from going to OT against the #12 team in CFB. By no means dominant. They did exactly what Michigan State did to Miami and pushed around a cupcake.
Last years Bama team wasn’t even invincible. They got pushed by a good-but-not-great Gator team in the SEC championship game last year. Florida very nearly hung 50 points on that vaunted “defense”.

Bama’s D is much, much softer these days than say 2011-12.

I guess that’s one way to spin it. Escaping number 12, however it happened, isn’t as impressive as beating #9 by two scores.
Look, I love the Hawkeyes, so damn you for making me say this, but which do you think is the tougher game, ISU in Ames or Florida in The Swamp?

They were up 21-3 on #12 at the end of Q1 and took their foot off the gas.
Or maybe Florida figured out a way to slow down Bama’s offense. Holding Bama to 10 points over the past 40 minutes is pretty damn impressive and I think some credit needs to be given to the Gator D.

Look, I love the Hawkeyes, so damn you for making me say this, but which do you think is the tougher game, ISU in Ames or Florida in The Swamp?
I bet the same level of difficulty if you’re Iowa as opposed to say, UNI, playing in Ames or #1 Bama as opposed to say Vanderbilt in the swamp, quite frankly.

In a general sense, definitely Florida.

Lately, who the hell knows? I still think ISU is a good team that has a chance to win the B12. It’ll be a feather in Iowa’s hat come November.

I have no idea how good Florida really is. They played Bama tough, but if they get waxed by Georgia and beat everyone else it’s a whole bunch of “yeah but” because if today’s ranking hold true at the end of the season, the Gators would not have a single Top 25 win even with a 10-2 campaign.

You didn’t you see Clemson play Georgia Tech last night, huh?
Not a big Clemson fan at all but people are picking apart teams like Clemson. OSU and Oklahoma on several boards because of their records and close calls. But it's still early and I have to believe that all 3 of those teams will get better and better as the season goes along. Heck, even Alabama had a close call yesterday. All of those teams have way too much talent to stay at the levels they're at now.

ADVERTISEMENT