ADVERTISEMENT

Which True Freshmen Played Today?

CarterHall

HB All-American
Nov 4, 2001
Thought I saw Daniels, Smith, and Ogwo. Am I right and did anyone see anybody else?

Fr WR Smith, WR Falconer, and OL Daniels played today. Daniels is the first true freshman to play offensive line since Bryan Bulaga in 2007.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Fr WR Smith, WR Falconer, and OL Daniels played today. Daniels is the first true freshman to play offensive line since Bryan Bulaga in 2007.
I posted this is the game thread but, Daniels played pretty much the entire second half minus our first drive. He looked pretty good. I recall him being beat on only one run block. Other than that he had a nice game and a very nice block on a Daniels run where he blew up the linebacker and allowed for a nice gain. He is going to be a good one to watch. Starting for Ferentz as a true freshmen on the offensive linemen is damn impressive.

I saw Daniels blow out ISU dtackle a few times. He looked pretty good. Maybe he was fresh and ISUs guy was baking in the heat but Daniels did a pretty good job to me. He also had a great pulling block that lead to his brother getting a big gain.

There were a good number of RS Freshmen that got some time today too.

Pitching a shutout would have been nice. But I would rather have those guys in there making mistakes and learning. There's just no substitute for actual game experience.

Reactions: JBJRFL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT