ADVERTISEMENT

White guy runs and gets paralyzed, lawsuit?

I say I feel bad for the guy, but tough shit, he made a few bad decisions.
If you want to know everything that is wrong with that generation:

"That officer pretty much made a choice for me to be a prisoner in my body," Root said.

He said, after running from the police.

Last edited:
Was it from the way he took a header into the concrete?
I don't recall any stories of a tazer paralyzing a person.
That said, unless there is something that the officer did to make his tazer some kind of super paralyzing tazer, the lawsuit should be thrown out. You can not be the reason for an accident and then blame someone else.

Was it from the way he took a header into the concrete?
I don't recall any stories of a tazer paralyzing a person.
That said, unless there is something that the officer did to make his tazer some kind of super paralyzing tazer, the lawsuit should be thrown out. You can not be the reason for an accident and then blame someone else.

Broken neck from the fall apparently.

Unless their is some policy violation, it’s bad luck for this guy.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't agree with taser usage for a fleeing/uncooperative suspect who has not been violent and is not threatening violence.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't agree with taser usage for a fleeing/uncooperative suspect who has not been violent and is not threatening violence.

Yeah because fleeing suspects have never been known to have just committed a violent crime or be carrying a weapon.
That probably has never ever happened...

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Side story, found out a few weeks ago that one of my buddies had his vehicle stolen a few months back while on a vacation. Did not sound like a good time at all having to get all that info turned into insurance and having to rent a vehicle to get back home.
To make things worse is that his wife had her wedding ring in the glove box because a diamond on it was lose and they thought it would be safer in the glove box versus leaving it in the hotel room. Car was stolen right out of the hotel parking ramp.

If I was on the jury I would award him a hundred bucks on the condition that he uses it to do something about his hair.

Reactions: NoleinATL
If I was completely redesigning law enforcement from scratch, maybe I’d factor this in, but as it is, I’m just going to evaluate based on current protocols. If the taser use falls within normal accepted protocols and wasn’t modified or used in a particularly dangerous way, then it doesn’t become problematic just because the guy fell in an unlucky way and ended up with an unexpected physical injury.

Would be different if the guy was up on a ledge or climbing a tree or in a place where a taser would likely cause an obvious fall or something.

Reactions: Pinehawk
The Harris Walz campaign is kicking themselves that this guy was white. Nothing like a ginned up racial controversy 90 days before a election.

Looks to me he was about to endanger the public by running out into traffic. Secondly it appears he wasn't wearing the proper safety equipment to engage in a chase with the police.

Not surprised he found an ambulance chaser to take his case.

If I was completely redesigning law enforcement from scratch, maybe I’d factor this in, but as it is, I’m just going to evaluate based on current protocols. If the taser use falls within normal accepted protocols and wasn’t modified or used in a particularly dangerous way, then it doesn’t become problematic just because the guy fell in an unlucky way and ended up with an unexpected physical injury.

Would be different if the guy was up on a ledge or climbing a tree or in a place where a taser would likely cause an obvious fall or something.

I'm not saying he should win his lawsuit. The police officers were presumably following their standard procedure.

I'm saying that if people take a deep breath and try to be objective, isn't it is a little concerning that Americans have grown accustomed to cops walking around like Sith Lords using force lightning on nonviolent people for "disobeying" their orders.

If you are going to run from the cops, you assume the risk of whatever happens. As long as the cops acted properly, I do not feel sorry for him.

I'm not saying he should win his lawsuit. The police officers were presumably following their standard procedure.

I'm saying that if people take a deep breath and try to be objective, isn't it is a little concerning that Americans have grown accustomed to cops walking around like Sith Lords using force lightning on nonviolent people for "disobeying" their orders.
It's like these people cannot fathom that it could have been their shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT