ADVERTISEMENT

White House chief of staff Meadows says Trump will have a health-care plan by Election Day

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said Wednesday that Trump will release a long-promised health-care plan before the election, blaming repeated delays on efforts to craft something that can be accomplished largely without Congress.
Trump on multiple occasions has pledged to be on the verge of releasing a plan within weeks, only to let his self-imposed deadlines pass. During a town hall hosted by ABC News on Tuesday night, Trump told a voter that he has a comprehensive plan “ready to go,” prompting host George Stephanopoulos to note that Trump had not released one during his first 3 ½ years in office.
Asked about that Wednesday, Meadows told reporters that Trump was correct.
“It is all ready,” Meadows said. “We will be rolling it out before the election, sure. … He’s right, that it is ready.”
Meadows said “tweaks” and “modifications” have been made in recent weeks to reflect the realization that Trump is not likely to get a plan approved by a divided Congress before November.
“We know that nothing ever gets done in Congress,” he said, adding that the White House is trying to be “very creative” about what it can accomplish on its own.
“It’s more of an executive action with a legislative component,” he said. “We could have put something out a few weeks ago. … What I wanted to do is make sure that whatever we put out didn’t rely on Congress, so that’s the delay.”

naNEzNm.gif

"“We know that nothing ever gets done in Congress,” [Meadows] said", at least the guy is self-aware of his place in Congress.

If the plan is so great and almost ready, why not release some highlights of it now?

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said Wednesday that Trump will release a long-promised health-care plan before the election, blaming repeated delays on efforts to craft something that can be accomplished largely without Congress.
Trump on multiple occasions has pledged to be on the verge of releasing a plan within weeks, only to let his self-imposed deadlines pass. During a town hall hosted by ABC News on Tuesday night, Trump told a voter that he has a comprehensive plan “ready to go,” prompting host George Stephanopoulos to note that Trump had not released one during his first 3 ½ years in office.
Asked about that Wednesday, Meadows told reporters that Trump was correct.
“It is all ready,” Meadows said. “We will be rolling it out before the election, sure. … He’s right, that it is ready.”
Meadows said “tweaks” and “modifications” have been made in recent weeks to reflect the realization that Trump is not likely to get a plan approved by a divided Congress before November.
“We know that nothing ever gets done in Congress,” he said, adding that the White House is trying to be “very creative” about what it can accomplish on its own.
“It’s more of an executive action with a legislative component,” he said. “We could have put something out a few weeks ago. … What I wanted to do is make sure that whatever we put out didn’t rely on Congress, so that’s the delay.”

LOL

"Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!'"

During last night’s town hall, Trump suggested he’s going to unveil a new immigration plan “in very short order”.

So, we’re waiting patiently for a tremendous health care plan and a very strong immigration plan. All coming soon!

200.gif

It'ss fairly obvious that the only people that will believe this announcement are the 40%, or so, cultists that believe everything else coming from the WH.

I think the Republicans in Washington are going to be disappointed if they think this "moves the needle". Maybe it's just something incumbent GOP can use on the campaign trail.

He's had four years to come up with one, why wait?

Oh, yeah, he doesn't have one because he doesn't want a health care plan.

He's been busy building the wall & counting the $ that Mexico forked over to pay for it, to make sure that they paid the bill in full.

Reactions: cigaretteman
OMG guys.......the plan is HERE!!!

4f73af.jpg

"Please Cure My Cancer!!!"

First term: never had a plan for anything. Now they are saying they totally have a plan for everything and we will get to see them if we just give them a second term.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I suspect they'll dust off Paul Ryan's plan of segregating the costly into high-risk with the promise of a federal subsidy. Once the more costly policyholders are isolated and political power limited...a reduction of that federal funding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT