ADVERTISEMENT

**White Sox 2020**

Last time I checked the Twins were still in the Division.

Yeah, the Twins are probably the favorite until proven otherwise. But there's certainly questions whether their lineup with mash the ball again and they didn't do anything yet to address their pitching.

We'll see.

Reactions: lucas80
Yeah, the Twins are probably the favorite until proven otherwise. But there's certainly questions whether their lineup with mash the ball again and they didn't do anything yet to address their pitching.

We'll see.
The Twins mashed home runs at a record setting pace last season. I would not count on that happening again this season. I think MLB is going to increase drag on the ball, and we will see a sizable drop in homers this season.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Joe Maddon abused Cishek the last two years. His arm may be about ready to fall off.

Reactions: Mattski
The Chicago White Sox get an A plus for their
new additions to their roster this off season. It
will rejuvenate their fan base and the team will
have some momentum going into Spring Training
next month.

Reactions: hawkssox1
Pulled the trigger on a 20 game plan again this year, definitely feeling some excitement. Plus there's this:

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/01/24/white-sox-create-1st-beer-with-goose-island-sox-golden-ale/

SGA_Render_3Can-e1579876872931.png

GIBCo-Sox-Golden-Ale-12oz-12pk-Side.png

Reactions: dgordo
Assuming things get rolling again for the Sox, I'm going to really miss not living back near Chicago. We went to a lot of games in the 80s and 90s when they went thru some good runs.

Getting excited for the season but boy oh boy there's a lot of big talk coming from their players without having accomplished Jack squat yet... Sure hope they don't come out of the gates flat or they're going to take some heat for all the playoff chatter in the off season.

Getting excited for the season but boy oh boy there's a lot of big talk coming from their players without having accomplished Jack squat yet... Sure hope they don't come out of the gates flat or they're going to take some heat for all the playoff chatter in the off season.

No kidding, lots of playoff chatter, especially, Keuchel, hopefully he knows what he's doing.

Reactions: Mattski
I heard some discussion on the Score about this today. Luis Robert is really getting a lot of hype, and it seems warranted. Still, lots of guys who have not produced at the MLB level. Some of them, like Nick Madrigal, may not start off the season in the majors. Certainly it's a fascinating team. One of my favorite things about baseball is the play of rookies. It's always so cool to see guys breakout, and the Sox have multiple guys poised to breakout. Even Tim Anderson isn't a finished product. Good time to be a Sox fan.

I heard some discussion on the Score about this today. Luis Robert is really getting a lot of hype, and it seems warranted. Still, lots of guys who have not produced at the MLB level. Some of them, like Nick Madrigal, may not start off the season in the majors. Certainly it's a fascinating team. One of my favorite things about baseball is the play of rookies. It's always so cool to see guys breakout, and the Sox have multiple guys poised to breakout. Even Tim Anderson isn't a finished product. Good time to be a Sox fan.
Hope springs eternal... but hype can eat up young teams quickly too. Hopefully Renteria is the right guy to keep them grounded.

Obviously disappointing for Sox fans right now, this is a little more fun. Wish they would print these business cards again:

b3yo3apfpum41.jpg

The Sox are edging towards having fans in the stands this season. I am not all into the Chicago scene, but, as this article mentions the Cubs could have fans in the rooftops even if they cannot have them in Wrigley. My guess is eventually the city allows limited access for the revenue, and the sense of normalcy provided that the teams produce suitable safety protocols.
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs...dly-planning-to-have-fans-at-games-this-year/

Anyone figure out what's up with Kopech? I know he's struggled with mental heath issues in the past, assuming his opt out this year is related?
Lineup looks salty, rotation lots of question marks...

ADVERTISEMENT