ADVERTISEMENT

White St. Louis couple point guns at protesters heading past their home to mayor’s house

Do you think it's okay for the mayor to read the names and addresses of protesters out loud on a live Facebook feed? Do you think those protesters might receive threats of their own from those against their cause?
My answer would be the same answer you give for was it ok for J. Castro to tweet out Trump donors names and addresses.

I am not sure about that. Usually the right to use deadly force to protect yourself only applies if you have reason to believe that they are there to hurt you. They didn't approach the people or the home. For the most part they were walking past it.

Yes they where trespassing. Yes the police should have arrested them for it.

But protecting yourself doesn't extend to trespassing. If some kid starts biking on your lawn he's trespassing. That doesn't give you the right to let him have it with your AR-15.

This is the kind of shit that leads to unnecessary deaths. I can't remember specifically the incidences but a couple black people got shot because they were looking for help and knocked on the door of some terrified nut or approached the wrong house looking for a party and had a nut blast them.

People need to stop thinking that once someone touches a blade of your grass you can kill them for it.
What part of kill you, your dog and burn your house down doesn't sound like a threat to HURT you?

My answer would be the same answer you give for was it ok for J. Castro to tweet out Trump donors names and addresses.
The Mayor was reading names of people who had shared ideas and concerns about law enforcement. The names were not part of the public record, political donations are part of the public record.

They were on private property. This couple was scared enough to pull weapons which they need some help with.

Just those actions show how terrorized those people actually were.

St Louis had rioting and looting as well.

You want to have peaceful protests, go stand in front of city hall. When you take it you neighborhoods and private property, you become terrorists.

oh-noes-they-gz22y5.jpg

Reactions: noleclone2
The Mayor was reading names of people who had shared ideas and concerns about law enforcement. The names were not part of the public record, political donations are part of the public record.
Those names she released are available for any person who requests them who lives in the state. Per attorney quoted in the St Louis Post-Dispatch

Reactions: timinatoria
I don't see anything in the news saying it's a gated community. Just that it's a very upscale community and the home they own is like the most lavish in the city. Which makes sense because no one wants to keep black people in their place more than rich white people.

They live on Westmorland or Portland Place, which is gated.

EbsS2CZU8AY3wHk

In the spirit of board peace, can we all just agree that anyone brandishing a car-key fob like a weapon, deserves the death penalty.

Reactions: Rudolph
The next paragraph in the article states:

"St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly M. Gardner appeared to take a different view, releasing a statement Monday that said she's "alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend where peaceful protestors (sic) were met by guns and a violent assault."

Gardner said her office is investigating.

"We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated," Gardner said. "Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable."
My, my, my all these democrats breaking and entering, trespassing, death threats, pointing guns at each other, mob and intimidate the officials they elect and then publicly support the crimes the mob comit by going after the gun owners for protecting themselves who probably donated to have them elected. You guys are a crazy bunch.

Police brutality? From what I have seen the terrorists you support have a fairly long laundry list.

If it were about police brutality I would agree but they have gone way past that.
That's the foundation. They are calling for funding other public safety programs rather than putting so much to the police. There's great merit to having the police do police work and let others take care of social work, parking tickets, behavioral issues, etc.

Protesting police brutality has be going on for decades. Shame on the people in power for not listening.

And shame on you for minimizing real domestic terrorism by equating it with what we're seeing with these protests.

EbsS2CZU8AY3wHk

In the spirit of board peace, can we all just agree that anyone brandishing a car-key fob like a weapon, deserves the death penalty.
for the record, some home security setups come with a fob that can activate the home alarm, which then signals the authorities.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets an itchy trigger finger and things will get really, really ugly.
You mean like this Democrat senator from Madison who was rushed by the mob and beaten. They didn't even use a gun.

30003484-0-image-a-3_1593005095819.jpg

Once again can you provide a link?
St Louis Post-Dispatch. Go there. Read.

The attorney also said their email is now public record.

The mayor's apology also included it's public record.

"In an effort to be transparent and accessible to the public during the Covid-19 pandemic, for more than three months now I have been doing tri-weekly community updates on Facebook. Tonight, I would like to apologize for identifying individuals who presented letters to me at City Hall as I was answering a routine question during one of my updates earlier today. While this is public information, I did not intend to cause distress or harm to anyone. The post has been removed."

Last edited:
That's the foundation. They are calling for funding other public safety programs rather than putting so much to the police. There's great merit to having the police do police work and let others take care of social work, parking tickets, behavioral issues, etc.

Protesting police brutality has be going on for decades. Shame on the people in power for not listening.

And shame on you for minimizing real domestic terrorism by equating it with what we're seeing with these protests.

This made me laugh, thanks. They are real domestic terrorists. Look at those poor people scared to death.

St Louis Post-Dispatch. Go there. Read.

Is this it? This doesn't seem to give a ringing endorsement of the Mayor's behavior. Who formally requested the names and addresses?

Emails or letters to elected officials, including names and addresses, are generally considered public records but are typically released only after a formal request.

The Rev. Darryl Gray, who was at the protest Sunday, acknowledged that what Krewson did was legal, but called her actions immoral and unethical.

“Does she understand why people are angry?” Gray said into a megaphone. “If you had understood the people you were elected to serve, you wouldn’t have made that comment.”

An online petition calling for Krewson’s resignation had about 41,500 signatures by 9 p.m. Sunday.

One of the protesters outside Krewson’s home, Rodney Brown, said he felt “extremely fearful because we should be able to write to our public officials, and the fact that she doesn’t feel she has to be accountable or protect us ... it’s a very violent gesture.”

Congressional candidate Cori Bush told protesters through a megaphone on Sunday, “When you are an activist and you speak up against police brutality, there are days you are stalked, followed, harassed ... the mayor just said it’s OK.”

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_9edc57ed-c307-583f-9226-a44ba6ac9c03.html

This made me laugh, thanks. They are real domestic terrorists. Look at those poor people scared to death.
Yeah - they're the same as those who are dead or mourning lost loved ones. Interesting that it makes you laugh. JFC

If you haven't noticed, they burned Minneapolis, that was terrorism.

These "protestors" were asked to be off the streets at 8 pm. They didn't comply and broke the law, and at that point became terrorists.

Peaceful protests is a joke. They terrorized the good citizens of mnpls.

Sorry, but they are domestic terrorists.
You are a sad, scared little man. I hope you get help someday.

Yeah - they're the same as those who are dead or mourning lost loved ones. Interesting that it makes you laugh. JFC

JFC don't try the shame BS on me. How about the inner city folks that keep butchering each other as well as kids. Are they less important?

I am fine with working with the police department's, but how about how we look at who is killing who in the black community. It isn't the cops.

But let's keep the shaming up while they kill kids in the inner city. I am sure their parents are hurting too, but you and your lefty buddies seem not to care about dead black kids.

If an angry mob is coming through my neighborhood and I don't have time to leave or move to another home (My brother, my parents and I all live nearby and we would likely fortify in one home together if given the time.) then I would hunker down and barracade my own home. I am sure as heck not going outside. Not unless someone actually sets fire to the home or threatens to.
That's a wonderful plan for you, I hope it works out. As I.ve always said, I appreciate that some people know they cannot be trusted with firearms.
For myself, if there were unrest in my neighborhood, the guns are out, and I'll be ready to protect myself, my family and my neighbors. My neighbors, will likely be doing the same.

Reactions: SDHN2013
That's a wonderful plan for you, I hope it works out. As I.ve always said, I appreciate that some people know they cannot be trusted with firearms.
For myself, if there were unrest in my neighborhood, the guns are out, and I'll be ready to protect myself, my family and my neighbors. My neighbors, will likely be doing the same.
Bwaaahaaaahaaa. Don’t shoot yourselves in the foot Barney and friends. What a bunch of BS.

Reactions: Rudolph
I am not sure about that. Usually the right to use deadly force to protect yourself only applies if you have reason to believe that they are there to hurt you. They didn't approach the people or the home. For the most part they were walking past it.

Yes they where trespassing. Yes the police should have arrested them for it.

But protecting yourself doesn't extend to trespassing. If some kid starts biking on your lawn he's trespassing. That doesn't give you the right to let him have it with your AR-15.

This is the kind of shit that leads to unnecessary deaths. I can't remember specifically the incidences but a couple black people got shot because they were looking for help and knocked on the door of some terrified nut or approached the wrong house looking for a party and had a nut blast them.

People need to stop thinking that once someone touches a blade of your grass you can kill them for it.

They didn't use deadly force.

ADVERTISEMENT