ADVERTISEMENT

White St. Louis couple point guns at protesters heading past their home to mayor’s house

Are you trolling here? Seriously. Of course they were.

How do you stand up for yourself against someone who has no intention of hurting you? That's like sitting by the sidewalk with an AR-15 shouting at everyone who walks by that they better stay away.

Clearly. And if anyone attacked them I'm sure they would have used it. They didn't. Would they have attacked them and their property if they weren't armed? No way to know, but they protected themselves and their home.
that's trust. The protesters were not merely w
How do you stand up for yourself against someone who has no intention of hurting you? That's like sitting by the sidewalk with an AR-15 shouting at everyone who walks by that they better stay away.
they come inside the gate onto the property. After all the damage mobs had done before how do you know what the mobs intention was?

that's trust. The protesters were not merely w
they come inside the gate onto the property. After all the damage mobs had done before how do you know what the mobs intention was?

Again use your brain. Did you do anything to piss off a bunch of people? No. . . well they probably where not there for you then.

I'm not arguing that you know for sure they won't destroy some property on the way, they very well might. But the law doesn't allow for deadly force to protect property anyways.

So if you know they arn't there to hurt you and you can't use the gun to protect your property . . . what's the gun for?

Your mind reading skills must come in handy but these folks do not have the same superpower that you do.

It's not mind reading it's freaking logic man.

If you have done nothing to upset a whole bunch of people, why would you think that a huge crowd of them would gather up specifically to target you.

I mean that's just people being afraid of their own shadow. They are likely people who have had certain media types grill into them daily that the world is out to get them.

For the rest of us who don't think the world is out to get us. That sort of thinking isn't logical.

If you have done nothing to upset a whole bunch of people, why would you think that a huge crowd of them would gather up specifically to target you.

I mean that's just people being afraid of their own shadow. They are likely people who have had certain media types grill into them daily that the world is out to get them.

For the rest of us who don't think the world is out to get us. That sort of thinking isn't logical.
Or the Wendy’s? Or the College Football Hall of Fame?

I'm normally with you Hoosier but not on this. It's perfectly natural to assume these people were scared and this was their reaction. I think it's a stupid way to react, nevertheless, it was likely fueled by fear - at least in part.

I'm normally with you Hoosier but not on this. It's perfectly natural to assume these people were scared and this was their reaction. I think it's a stupid way to react, nevertheless, it was likely fueled by fear - at least in part.

I wouldn't blame them if in their house they got their guns out and locked and loaded and watched closely

But the thing is that I think a bigger part was wanting to intimidate people.

I still can't see how fear would drive someone to go outside to a place they can't control as much. If you are in your house you can manipulate everything in your house to control the terms of any engagement to give yourself the biggest advantage possible. You can barricade doors, potentially block windows, and position yourself so that everyone coming after you has to pass through a narrow funnel and there is little chance of you being flanked.

Furthermore your attackers will not know the full extent of your defensive preparations until maybe about half a second before the first attacker dies.

So you are talking about two people who knowingly forfeited and threw away all of those advantages by going outside with their guns. That's a weird thing to do if you are afraid.

It certainly wasn't just the George Floyd protests, a lot of shit happened before that. But that is part of it. . . Mostly because people like the above seem bound and determined to spark a civil war. I'm just determined to keep my family out of it.
To whom are you referring when you say “people like the above” are bound and determined to spark a civil war?

And regarding your motives for buying two guns, as recently as May 11 you ridiculed people who feel like they need to have a gun just because other people have guns.

”Too often these pro-gun arguments basically descend into a place where our society is basically the old west. Everyone needs a gun because everyone else has a gun.”

Then, just 27 days later and at the height of the George Floyd protests, you announced "Wife and I have been worried about violence breaking out with all that is going on. So we made the decision, especially in light of my raise to use some savings and risk going in a public place and get a couple of guns..."

So just admit that you don't have a freaking clue how you and your wife would react if one minute you were enjoying a quiet Sunday dinner and the next minute a noisy crowd of 500 protesters suddenly burst through your privacy gate and marched across your front lawn. All your Monday morning quarterbacking and your "freaking logic, man" flies right out the window.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
To whom are you referring when you say “people like the above” are bound and determined to spark a civil war?

And regarding your motives for buying two guns, as recently as May 11 you ridiculed people who feel like they need to have a gun just because other people have guns.

”Too often these pro-gun arguments basically descend into a place where our society is basically the old west. Everyone needs a gun because everyone else has a gun.”

That's a mis-interpretation of what I was saying. Note that I was talking about pro-gun arguments not reasons for people buying guns. Shit if you want to buy a gun just cause everyone else has one, that's actually somewhat logical. It's not like you alone could change the fact that everyone else has one. But when your argument for preventing mass shootings is centered on "Well everyone can get a gun so we might as well just have everyone carrying guns." That's a ridiculous argument from someone who clearly has no interest in working on the problem.

What I was referring to is the fact that the pro-gun argument whenever a shooting happensn their solution is always more guns? Why because everyone including those who shouldn't have a gun have guns and they don't want to do anything about that.

Kids shoot up a school and their solution is that teachers now need to carry guns. That is the crux of the argument and my particular problem with the argument. They refuse to do anything about stopping certain people from getting guns so their solution is that everyone in the world now needs to be carrying a gun because of this.

The public safety plan of the right is essentially a privatized version of mutually assured destruction.

But I don't mean that to mock an individual person for buying a gun because of that. The right has decided we need to live in the old west, not much you can do to change that right now so in a sense you might have to play along.

Then, just 27 days later and at the height of the George Floyd protests, you announced "Wife and I have been worried about violence breaking out with all that is going on. So we made the decision, especially in light of my raise to use some savings and risk going in a public place and get a couple of guns..."

So just admit that you don't have a freaking clue how you and your wife would react if one minute you were enjoying a quiet Sunday dinner and the next minute a noisy crowd of 500 protesters suddenly burst through your privacy gate and marched across your front lawn. All your Monday morning quarterbacking and your "freaking logic, man" flies right out the window.

I do know how I'd react because I have no intention of taking another person's life over property and I also know the laws don't allow for that. We have plans pre-discussed ahead of time for what to do if we are feeling unsafe. Not any of those plans involve us leaving the house unless we feel forced out via something like fire.

Last edited:
I do know how I'd react because I have no intention of taking another person's life over property and I also know the laws don't allow for that. We have plans pre-discussed ahead of time for what to do if we are feeling unsafe. Not any of those plans involve us leaving the house unless we feel forced out via something like fire.
Do any of those plans involve 500 noisy protesters suddenly barging through your privacy fence and marching across your front lawn?

You. Don't. Know. What. You. Would. Do.

It's as simple as that. None of us knows how we would react in that situation because it's a highly unusual situation. I would hope that I would look less like an idiot than those two did, but frankly none of us really knows how we would react.

For you to sit there and calmly explain that you would logically implement Protocol #12 or some pre-determined shit like that when you suddenly have an angry crowd of 500 people marching through your private property, 50 feet away from your front door, is just pure arrogance.

Lol. If I go to scratch the top of my head and you cower in fear because you think Im winding up to hit you...

It just means that you are a giant PUSSY.

Ya, they looked pretty ridiculous with those guns. If it were me, I'd have likely stayed inside, BUT if I did go out, I'd have concealed carried and flopped my arse in a lawn chair. Never a need to display until you NEED to display.
but make no mistake, I'm going outside to see what the frack is going on; especially when someone(s) break down the gate to the entrance of my gated community.

Again use your brain. Did you do anything to piss off a bunch of people? No. . . well they probably where not there for you then.

I'm not arguing that you know for sure they won't destroy some property on the way, they very well might. But the law doesn't allow for deadly force to protect property anyways.

So if you know they arn't there to hurt you and you can't use the gun to protect your property . . . what's the gun for?
These groups have been rioting, looting, and burning down structures of people who support their cause. What the eff are you talking about? There's no way to predict what a mob will do.

Lol. If I go to scratch the top of my head and you cower in fear because you think Im winding up to hit you...

It just means that you are a giant PUSSY.
Not if he's seen you hit several people already. He'd be a dummy if he thought you would somehow skip him.

Did I hear this correctly? The guns weren't loaded, and her little gun was fake?
But Clown Shoes Gardner is still charging them?

I sure hope they are going after the rioters for destruction of property and trespassing. Of course they are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT