ADVERTISEMENT

Who Are the Atheists Voting For?

The 2A stuff in Virginia is another hot button item for conservatives.
Speaking of crap that gets folks riled up but really doesn’t matter.

I am agnostic. I am not thrilled with any of the candidates, but like Pete and Amy the best. Would have a really hard time voting for Bernie. A Bernie nomination ensures four more years of Trump. He has zero chance of accomplishing his major policy goals even if elected. I just don’t get why so many folks are supporting him.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I’m an atheist and don’t know whom I’m voting for, but the Democrats aren’t offering much.

Don’t know why an atheist couldn’t vote for Trump......Trump’s an atheist. Never went to church - doesn’t go to church. Except for the rare occasion he needs to keep up the ruse on gullible evangelicals to keep their support/votes.

I’m Catholic, a lifelong Republican, and again voting for whoever’s running against Trump.

My point is you could have said you were voting for Trump in your 1st post.

My point is you could have said you were voting for Trump in your 1st post.

The question asked who atheists were voting for.
I’m an atheist and don’t know who I’m voting for yet.
And the Democrats aren’t offering much.
All three points are honest and accurate.

Don’t know why an atheist couldn’t vote for Trump......Trump’s an atheist. Never went to church - doesn’t go to church. Except for the rare occasion he needs to keep up the ruse on gullible evangelicals to keep their support/votes.

I’m Catholic, a lifelong Republican, and again voting for whoever’s running against Trump.
See you're looking at this wrong. As unholy as Trump is, he is still a BETTER option spiritually than the entire Dem field because he isn't mocking us, or telling us what we should believe. Our standards are down for sure, but once you've voted a few more times you will probably realize there is no such thing as a perfect candidate- elections are always about settling.

Or maybe you never figure it out.

The question asked who atheists were voting for.
I’m an atheist and don’t know who I’m voting for yet.
And the Democrats aren’t offering much.
All three points are honest and accurate.

The point was that you tried to pretend you had an open mind; but if you prefer Trump over every single Dem, you’re clearly just a Trump fanboy.

The point was that you tried to pretend you had an open mind; but if you prefer Trump over every single Dem, you’re clearly just a Trump fanboy.
not really.

There are many who don't particularly like Trump but the current crop of dem candidates are Horrible.

Just like in 2016, Hillary was so unlikable as a candidate, it gave Trump the presidency.

Reactions: Nipigu

I answered the question honestly and accurately.

At this time Warren and Sanders: absolutely no.
Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar: unlikely.
Bloomberg: probably not.

Last night’s debate looked like idiots on parade.

Reactions: SIXERS24
I am an atheist, I have loyalty to no one haha. Now social conservatives voting for Trump is beyond me.

That's an interesting perspective. As an atheist I think I have loyalty to my fellow man. We get about 76 rotations around the sun. Don't fvck up the planet, leave some kids behind who will become decent members of society, and try to help our your fellow man. Times limited. We have to look out for each other.

The 2A stuff in Virginia is another hot button item for conservatives.

Interesting that Virgina started both fires at the same time....
Cons sure do get excited by a lot of things that just don’t matter.

See you're looking at this wrong. As unholy as Trump is, he is still a BETTER option spiritually than the entire Dem field because he isn't mocking us, or telling us what we should believe. Our standards are down for sure, but once you've voted a few more times you will probably realize there is no such thing as a perfect candidate- elections are always about settling.

Or maybe you never figure it out.
You’re a fool if you don’t think Trump is making a mockery out of the faithful.

Atheist here and I am still undecided.

I am between Trump, Pete B, Amy K, or write in.
That is some list! You appear to be somewhat open-minded. There is not much of that left around here.

I am a Presbyterian ... conservative, but not of the John Knox variety ... and admittedly with a touch of the libertine as a younger man, which sullies my standing within the Church.

I will be voting for President Trump. (He also seems to at one point have been sullied with a libertine streak.)

Reactions: BrunoMars420
We know you don’t agree with us, and we’re okay with it.
It’s not about agreeing. It’s about effects. You measure the importance of an issue by how much good it produces minus the bad it produces. Abortion produces a fair amount of positive benefits with next zero negative effects. Therefore banning it isn’t an important issue.

It’s not about agreeing. It’s about effects. You measure the importance of an issue by how much good it produces minus the bad it produces. Abortion produces a fair amount of positive benefits with next zero negative effects. Therefore banning it isn’t an important issue.
We’re gonna have to disagree on that one too.

I have a ProLife conscience. Trump probably can't reverse it, but he can keep it from getting worse. While this is not my only reason, it supports what Lute said.

The whole late term abortion thing was like throwing jet fuel on a smouldering fire.
To “keep it from getting worse” you might want to consider the efforts of the pro-choice side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT