ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the remaining RB targets that Iowa is focusing on for the 2021 class?

Bryzzo

Team MVP
Aug 31, 2016
With Parks committing to Utah, just wondering who is left on the Hawks radar as far as 2021 RB targets? I'm not familiar with any significant 3 star or better RB guys still out there.

Passing on TE and RB.

Tell you what - Fant and Hockenson going in the first round had Zero effect on recruiting.
Did you just forget about the TEs we grabbed last year, or???
Oh, you mean these two?

Elijah Yelverton - Under Armour All-American. Offers from LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Penn State, Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Purdue, TCU, Texas Tech, Utah, and Vanderbilt, among others.

Luke Lachey - offers from LSU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Louisville, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, and Cincinnati, among others.

With Parks committing to Utah, just wondering who is left on the Hawks radar as far as 2021 RB targets? I'm not familiar with any significant 3 star or better RB guys still out there.
No new offers at RB yet. Previous offers have all committed elsewhere, but some like Willie Shaw Iowa ended up passing on. Will be interesting to see if they try to renew interest in any of these guys or find someone new to offer. Also a good chance they stay after Parks.

Iowa RB Offers

Ricky Parks (Utah commit)
Mar'Keise Irving (Minnesota commit)
Devin Neal (Kansas commit)
Gabe Ervin (Nebraska commit)
Jaylen Anderson (West Virginia commit)
Willie Shaw (Toledo commit)

Reactions: stuffnthingspod
When you say ‘some’ like Willie Shaw who are you referring to?
I think they are going after Shaw hard after the Parks miss. Parks was the 25 lb. Muskie you hooked and fought like a pro and then got it up to the boat and just as you threw down the net the line broke.

Oh, you mean these two?

Elijah Yelverton - Under Armour All-American. Offers from LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Penn State, Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Purdue, TCU, Texas Tech, Utah, and Vanderbilt, among others.

Luke Lachey - offers from LSU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Louisville, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, and Cincinnati, among others.
Yelverton was on board before the draft took place. Yes?

And Lachey - yeah, the draft may have helped us land him so I'll go back on my comment ever so slightly.

Yelverton was on board before the draft took place. Yes?

And Lachey - yeah, the draft may have helped us land him so I'll go back on my comment ever so slightly.
Yeah, the week before the draft. I'm sure he was totally unaware that Iowa had 2 TEs about to be picked.

"I love the coaches and their history for tight ends," said Yelverton. "It’s Tight End U."

Yeah, the week before the draft. I'm sure he was totally unaware that Iowa had 2 TEs about to be picked.
I'm in disbelief that we've not gotten a TE in the '21 recruit class.

Having 2 go in the first round of the '19 draft has had ALMOST zero impact. There we go.

Last edited:

"I love the coaches and their history for tight ends," said Yelverton. "It’s Tight End U."

I bet it was never brought up in recruiting either. ‘Ever so lightly’ o_O

Having 2 go in the first round of the '19 draft has had ALMOST zero impact. There we go.

A lot of recruiting left to do in the '21 class. What's the matter with you, clown fan?

Well I had typed up a big thing about Iowa having a good chance to flip Parks. I checked his twitter and he was tweeting at someone yesterday to come to Utah...it appears that ship has probably sailed. I’m sure Foster is still talking to him but I feel less confident about him flipping.

I disagree. If Iowa offered scholarships like some neighboring schools we'd have a TE commitment by now, but they are very selective on whom to offer at the position. The #1 on our board is still uncommitted and our newest offer just visited and is uncommitted. When I look at who we offered where they live and whom they eventually committed to, only Jameson Geers is a surprise, and I think a good part of that was the staff was more focused on Fidone. The funny thing is most of the guys we have offered this year were rated higher at the position than Fant and Hockenson was coming out of high school. LaPorta looks like he was a late find that will turn out to be very productive. COVID I'm sure is playing a role too by limiting camps and some high schoolers may want to stay closer to home.

Reactions: scotthawk1964

Could also be that with the previous years haul and the current depth that we have been pretty selective this far in TE offers.

Reactions: Stranded Hawk
Could also be that with the previous years haul and the current depth that we have been pretty selective this far in TE offers.
I checked our TE offer #'s to see if the staff is being more selective. Offers out:

2021 - 9
2020 - 8
2019 - 9
2018 - 4
2017 - 6

The coaches are offering. Not gettin' the bites.

Oh, you mean these two?

Cmon Blair, you know those were fall back recruits, MAC level guys.... Oh Wait??:oops:

Great question! I hope Iowa lands a real game changing back whom every time touches the ball is a threat to take it to the house on any given moment and has a jet fueled backpack on

Reactions: amahawk
Great question! I hope Iowa lands a real game changing back whom every time touches the ball is a threat to take it to the house on any given moment and has a jet fueled backpack on

Finding your next Akrum Wadley (Jordan Canzeri/ Damian Sims) is tough sledding but it does happen, regardless of AIRBHG.

I'd love to see us find someone that is a true burner like 4.2-4.3's type speed even if he's just a gadget player, i feel brian would make better use of him then GDGD made use of Powell

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Finding your next Akrum Wadley (Jordan Canzeri/ Damian Sims) is tough sledding but it does happen, regardless of AIRBHG.

Eh, AIRBHG hasn't really been a thing in like 10 years. We're just not getting the recruits. Kind of a bummer because our '21 class looked like it was shaping up to be something special but will probably slide down to mid to late 30s at best. That would be a great Iowa class, I guess, but literally everyone in the West aside from Northwestern and Illinois will have a better class. More years like that, and it'll start to look scary for us.

I'd be good for a carry or two. Then I would need to get carted across Hawkins Drive to the hospital.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT