ADVERTISEMENT

Who Cooper DeJean reminds me of

1st and Goal this weekend, Coop runs in a for a wildcat QB play...book it!
Don't want to wear this kid out however wasn't he also holding FG's in fall camp as well? Even a handful of offensive plays or opportunities could be interesting and potentially game-changing.

This. I'm hopeful the coaches have saved a few wrinkles for the Michigan game. It might be wishful thinking, but a guy can dream, can't he?

I’m not sure there’s a good comparison from Iowa. He’s more fluid than sash, more like Hyde in that regard, but has better length than both. The kid went 24+ in the long jump. That is rare athletic ability. Honestly, kind of a Woodson starter kit—-especially if the return skills grow…Charles or Rod - either work

Reactions: cmhawks99
Micah Hyde

The pick 6 from last week reminded me of Hyde's (I think in the bowl game against Missouri)
MICAH HYDE (Sean McDonough): Here you go, here's both of his pick 6's...by the way thoughts with Hyde as he had a season ending neck injury last week.
Fun fact: Pause the Sparty game at 33 seconds for a great Halloween mask.

Just a great athlete. He makes so many plays, and even when he doesn't make the tackle he's nearby.

👍

You can say Deion Sanders. You can say Rick Bayless. I will say Nile Kinnick come hell or high water.
I’m laughing but I agree……he reminds me of what Nile Kinnick probably played like….. he could probably play both ways too

Reactions: Digger1
Until CDJ punts 19 times a game I'd hold off on that.
It's posts like his that remind us at times some fanatics are just delusional. DeJean is off to a great start in his career and barring injury can have a super career-- but 4 games into it and comparing him to Nile Kinnick shows how far out there some people can be.

There's clips of him on the tubes thunderdunking with attitude on whatever teams OA-BCIG played. Dude is 6'1". Would still like to see him in wildcat but ifs/buts/candies/nuts on that one.

Just a great athlete. He makes so many plays, and even when he doesn't make the tackle he's nearby.

👍

See that’s the thing about the entirety of this defense… In all honesty they didn’t tackle great against Rutgers, that wasn’t their best game and yet they still dominated…

They always have three people around the ball, I mean always. It is insane I mean Kaveon Meriwether is having an incredible season and we talk about Dejean, Terry Robert’s (pre injury), Van Ness & Campbell all the time!!

this defense is honestly incredible!!

The bottom video pick is a rare statistical quirk. Wouldn't Hyde's run been rushing yards? Defense became offense and those yards were following a backward pitch. Which makes it even more cool for DB.

ADVERTISEMENT