ADVERTISEMENT

Who do we face in the 1st Rd?

Feb 25, 2008
Not gonna put too much effort into this, so I'm using Joe Lunardi's bracket. Here are the other teams he has pegged for the 7-9 seeds. One of these teams is more than likely who we will be playing next week barring any crazy finishes to the remaining conference tournaments:

(I removed the B10 teams because obviously we can't play them)

7 seeds: Missouri, Texas A&M

8 seeds: Florida Atlantic, Arkansas

9 seeds: USC, Memphis, West Virginia

*This is assuming we will get anywhere from an 8 to a 10 seed

Also, if you think another team may slide into the conversation...............................by all means include them.

I'd pick West Virginia. I have no idea at the outcome, it's a likely 50/50 game. But from what I could find iowa has only played Bob Huggins twice out of over 1300 games that he has coached (05 lost to Cincy in tourney and 08 won against WVU). Would at least be neat.

I'd pick West Virginia. I have no idea at the outcome, it's a likely 50/50 game. But from what I could find iowa has only played Bob Huggins twice out of over 1300 games that he has coached (05 lost to Cincy in tourney and 08 won against WVU). Would at least be neat.
Interesting match for sure

Reactions: amahawk
Joe Toussaint could have 15 pts, 5 assists and 6 turnovers in that one! :D

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
Missouri with Texas waiting in the wings(assuming 7/10 matchup)

If we are in the lucky 8/9 game, Arkansas with Kansas waiting in the R32.

Not gonna put too much effort into this, so I'm using Joe Lunardi's bracket. Here are the other teams he has pegged for the 7-9 seeds. One of these teams is more than likely who we will be playing next week barring any crazy finishes to the remaining conference tournaments:

Also, if you think another team may slide into the conversation...............................by all means include them.
Lunardi latest has us in the 8/9 game...IN DES MOINES. Auburn as the opponent.

We will play USC in the last game on either Thursday or Friday night. Which will give USC the advantage.

Because that's just the way it goes for the Hawks.

USC and Auburn are the two teams I would like to see--I don't think either are very good.
There's a ton of Big Ten teams in the 7-10 seed range that there's only a handful of realistic options.

There has to be an A10 team that can give this Iowa squad a competitive game.

Just when you write off the Hawks, they do the unexpected and could make a ncaa run, or they do the expected and get beat in 1st game.

Also, get to play former Hawkeye Joe Toussaint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT