ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you pick?

hexumhawk

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
Here are the conferences that are playing football (all of them should be).

Pick the school from each conference you are rooting for this year and why.

American Athletic Conference (AAC)
Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) -- Notre Dame will also play a 10-game ACC schedule and be eligible for the ACC championship.
Big 12 Conference
Conference USA
Southeastern Conference (SEC)
Sun Belt Conference

American - Going with ECU. Went there about 10 years ago and my god they like to party. Pretty cool campus and they always seem to have some talent in the skill spot.

ACC- Have to go with Miami- been to a couple of games there and have a friend in Miami area so giving them the nod. Great tradition but just a decent program lately.

BIG12- Don't make me do it! Ok, I won't. I am going to go with OU. Too many Iowa connections and have always respected their program.

USA- Im going with North Texas. You got the Fry connection as well as they have a cool emblem and uniform scheme. They have actually been getting pretty good lately so watch out for the Mean Green! Denton kind of sucks though.

SEC- This one is kind of tough because I don't really want to pick one at all. Have family in Gainsville so could go that way. LOVE Tennessee's stadium and the checkered endzone. In the end, I am going to go with UGA. Kind of feel like they are the most like Iowa in terms of success and achievement... like a sister program almost. Great conference for uniforms- Tenn, LSU, FLA,

Sun Belt- Not going to lie, had to look up who was all in it. I'm going with Texas State (formerly SW Texas St.). Went there when I was a Frosh in college as a stop on our spring break. Great looking college and a lot of fun. You get my vote Bobcats.

Reactions: pmtdc

Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) -- Notre Dame will also play a 10-game ACC schedule and be eligible for the ACC championship.
Big 12 Conference
Conference USA
Sun Belt Conference

American - Going with ECU. Went there about 10 years ago and my god they like to party. Pretty cool campus and they always seem to have some talent in the skill spot.

ACC- Have to go with Miami- been to a couple of games there and have a friend in Miami area so giving them the nod. Great tradition but just a decent program lately.

BIG12- Don't make me do it! Ok, I won't. I am going to go with OU. Too many Iowa connections and have always respected their program.

USA- Im going with North Texas. You got the Fry connection as well as they have a cool emblem and uniform scheme. They have actually been getting pretty good lately so watch out for the Mean Green! Denton kind of sucks though.

SEC- This one is kind of tough because I don't really want to pick one at all. Have family in Gainsville so could go that way. LOVE Tennessee's stadium and the checkered endzone. In the end, I am going to go with UGA. Kind of feel like they are the most like Iowa in terms of success and achievement... like a sister program almost. Great conference for uniforms- Tenn, LSU, FLA,

Sun Belt- Not going to lie, had to look up who was all in it. I'm going with Texas State (formerly SW Texas St.). Went there when I was a Frosh in college as a stop on our spring break. Great looking college and a lot of fun. You get my vote Bobcats.

Miami over Clempson? I don’t think so, not with Trevor Lawrence under center or in shotgun.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye

Big 12 Conference
Conference USA
Sun Belt Conference

Went to ECU for a Flag Football tournament years ago and can say they have to be a top 10 school for partying. Made a lot of friends from that wild week that I still keep in contact with. A lot like the Outback Bowl when we played South Carolina. If you're from a Carolina you sure like to party. Good people that know how to have fun.

images

American Athletic Conference (AAC) Navy, not even close. Always support the service academy schools. HM- Tulane
Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Clemson, always liked them. Played several dynasties with them on NCAA. Like Lawrence. Like the colors and traditions. HM- so help me God... North Carolina and I don't know why.
Big 12 Conference - TCU. They can actually play some defense. It's fun watching Texas still not be what they should be. Oklahoma will win again anyway. My HM is Kansas. It's getting more interesting with the grass eater as the head coach. Certainly getting more recruits.
Conference USA - UAB, their program was dismantled and brought back due to major pressure from donors. They have been pretty solid too. HM: Charlotte
Southeastern Conference (SEC)- Kentucky? South Carolina? I don't hate any team in particular (maybe Florida) I just hate the conference. Ooh, I do hate Lane Kiffin so not Ole Miss.
Sun Belt Conference- App St. because I respect what they have done since moving up. Shows how a lot of those FCS schools are probably ahead of the lower end FBS. HM- Troy

Last edited:
Reactions: hexumhawk
The sec could end up in a 2 division 7-way tie and I would be happy. The others will have to check.

ACC - Clemson until someone in that conference proves they are better.

Big 12 - Oklahoma but Texas might surprise.

SEC - Bama, I think LSU lost too many players to the NFL draft.

I don't know enough about the other conferences to make a choice.

AAC- East Carolina
ACC- N.C. State
Big XII- Kansas State
C-USA- Charlotte
SEC- Arkansas
Sun Belt- Coastal Carolina

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT