ADVERTISEMENT

Who does Garza most remind you of in the NBA?

Since last year, he's reminded me of Vlade Divac. He's a below the rim, extremely skilled technician, who can take it outside (better than Divac in this category), and has extraordinary touch around the basket.

Vlade was way more athletic than Luka in his prime and bigger.

Late 90s Vlade was a below the rim guy but he was a full court running and dunking guy with the Lakers.

He also played in a different era. In the 80s/90s Luka would have been a sure nba player.

There isn't much of a precedent for guys with a similar lack of athleticism to Luka today.

Dirk Nowitsky is really the only guy I can think of who was as slow as Luka laterally.

The guys who look really slow in today's NBA are still allot more athletic than Luka unfortunately.

Boban was pretty slow when he first entered the league and has trimmed down and sped up to get with the times. I think Garza can do that and be at least as mobile as him maybe even more so. The Lopez brothers are really slow. Not sure there are too many more as slow as Garza laterally. Some of the older big guys may be that slow like Marc Gasol and Aldridge. Baynes, Alex Len, Leonard are all probably faster. When the NBA went fast, slow big guys were out of the league quick. Roy Hibbert comes to mind.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Big Country Bryant Reeves. Big Country could shoot (though that wasn’t big part of his game due to when he played), dominate the paint, and had soft hands.

He also was super slow, not an elite passer, and not much of a rim protector.

He was a lottery pick; Luka just 20 years too late.

I’d be shocked if anyone in the NBA outworked Garza

This is in now way a slam on Garza...there are a ton of players in the NBA that work that hard. Most guys aren't there because of purely physical gifts. They're there because they work their asses off and they stay there because they work their asses off.

This is in now way a slam on Garza...there are a ton of players in the NBA that work that hard. Most guys aren't there because of purely physical gifts. They're there because they work their asses off and they stay there because they work their asses off.
And that’s Garza, every year he just gets better and more complete, I see no reason he changes that, in fact I think he works even more on his game, gets drafted and continues to play with that chip on his shoulder... sure Jordan worked as hard and some others but I’m not convinced there’s a “ton” that work as hard as he does. That’s all I’m saying and we’ll just see. All he wants I’m sure is a chance to show it. Here’s thinking he gets it! Not lottery pick That’s athletic ability and potential but somebody I think takes a chance and will be glad they did

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
You mean bitch ass Steph Curry who launches 25 ft 3 pointers. Yep, watched their run when they where relevant. I read that he’s back. Did his boo boo heal?
I would have loved to watch him try to drive down the lane against the bad boys. Little bitch wouldn’t have to worry about his mouth piece. Does he still suck on it like it’s a cock?
Obviously you're not really Steve Waite - this is just a screen name. I'll ignore you being an asshole and just respond substantively.

Apparently, you missed my point. The Warriors play quite differently than your assessment of the NBA as strictly playing the isolation game. In fact, that style seems to be diminishing.

Its not like he's out jumping people now.

Hes competed fine against plenty of future nba guys, Daniel Oturu, Jalen Smith, Coffi K. The bigs from UNC this year.

Basketball isn't a jumping contest. If it were Luka wouldn't be even competitive in college.

Dirk couldn’t leave the ground the last half of his career and had even worse lateral mobility.

Luka can definitely score in the nba. His main role would likely be as a pick n pop guy and floor spacer. They're way more interested in his 3pt shooting vs post game.

His issue will be his lack of lateral mobility defending ball screens.

He can't defend ball screens now and at the next level thats all allot of teams do.

I don’t think he’s going to make it because of his ball screen defense but one glimmer of hope is that his work ethic and intensity will make up for his foot speed.

however he will see a pick and roll every possession in the nba similar to Jokic. Every action will start with Luka

George Mikan without the glasses, OK, I've only saw him play on film and he retired from professional basketball in 1956 when I was 8. Was the first true center in the the BAA (pre NBA league) in 1947 and was the 1st player to score over a 1000 points during that season, his Minneapolis Lakers won the 1st NBA Championship in 1950 as he averaged over 31 points a game in the finals. My dad said he saw him play at Wharton Field house against the Tri-City Blackhawks.

Reactions: Sexican
For me it is Arvydis Sabonis.
I have given up on the NBA.

My hatred started in Nov, 2004, when Latrell Sprewell rejected a 3 year, $21M offer from the TImberwolves because, and I quote, "I have a family to feed."

The owner of the Wolves is a buffoon. He makes stupid GM & coaching hires and stupid business decisions. One of them: he had a secret deal with Joe Smith, where he promised Joe a big future contract. David Stern got wind of it & the Wolves lost several 1st round draft picks as a result.

And remember Jimmy Butler? He was an a$$hole & forced his way out of Minnesota.

James Harden, too, was an a$$hole & forced his way out of Houston.

The NBA is now made up of a few super teams and everybody else. I have been tired of being "everybody else" for too long.

Reactions: Moral
I have given up on the NBA.

My hatred started in Nov, 2004, when Latrell Sprewell rejected a 3 year, $21M offer from the TImberwolves because, and I quote, "I have a family to feed."

The owner of the Wolves is a buffoon. He makes stupid GM & coaching hires and stupid business decisions. One of them: he had a secret deal with Joe Smith, where he promised Joe a big future contract. David Stern got wind of it & the Wolves lost several 1st round draft picks as a result.

And remember Jimmy Butler? He was an a$$hole & forced his way out of Minnesota.

James Harden, too, was an a$$hole & forced his way out of Houston.

The NBA is now made up of a few super teams and everybody else. I have been tired of being "everybody else" for too long.
The TWolves front office incompetence dates back to the decision by McHale to help retool his old team in the KG trade that landed the TWolves a pile of crap and Al Jefferson. Then Kahn managed to blow 3 first round picks (two top 6) on Jonny Flynn, Ricky Rubio, and Wayne Ellington. Guys like Steph Curry, Demar Derozan, Jrue Holiday all went later. This sequence of events was a franchise killer

The wolves as a franchise have been defined by front office incompetence, though I do think that Taylor/Rosas are on the right track

The TWolves front office incompetence dates back to the decision by McHale to help retool his old team in the KG trade that landed the TWolves a pile of crap and Al Jefferson. Then Kahn managed to blow 3 first round picks (two top 6) on Jonny Flynn, Ricky Rubio, and Wayne Ellington. Guys like Steph Curry, Demar Derozan, Jrue Holiday all went later. This sequence of events was a franchise killer

The wolves as a franchise have been defined by front office incompetence, though I do think that Taylor/Rosas are on the right track
I used to have season tickets. I thought Stephon Marbury & KG would be the next Stockton & Malone. 2005 was the last year for me.

Last weekend, on KFAN radio, they were discussing the Wolves. The previous night the Wolves suffered another embarrassing loss. Trent Tucker said that the players were not giving good effort and he said that falls on the head coach, Ryan Saunders (who I never thought was qualified).

The Wolves currently stand at 4-14, the second worst record in the NBA. They are unwatchable.

I used to have season tickets. I thought Stephon Marbury & KG would be the next Stockton & Malone. 2005 was the last year for me.

Last weekend, on KFAN radio, they were discussing the Wolves. The previous night the Wolves suffered another embarrassing loss. Trent Tucker said that the players were not giving good effort and he said that falls on the head coach, Ryan Saunders (who I never thought was qualified).

The Wolves currently stand at 4-14, the second worst record in the NBA. They are unwatchable.
Yeah I used to go to Wolves games back when I lived near the cities too. Now in Omaha, Fox Sports North was removed from YouTubeTV, but Wolves games are still blacked out here when they are on NBATV or channels like that, so I haven’t had a chance to watch them this year.

It looks like they’re tanking at this point. We owe Golden State a first round pick next year for the DLo trade, but it’s top 3 protected, which probably explains some of the lacking effort. If we could get like a Jalen Suggs in the draft next year, it would be incredible

Reactions: Franisdaman
Yeah I used to go to Wolves games back when I lived near the cities too. Now in Omaha, Fox Sports North was removed from YouTubeTV, but Wolves games are still blacked out here when they are on NBATV or channels like that, so I haven’t had a chance to watch them this year.

It looks like they’re tanking at this point. We owe Golden State a first round pick next year for the DLo trade, but it’s top 3 protected, which probably explains some of the lacking effort. If we could get like a Jalen Suggs in the draft next year, it would be incredible

It gets old when these channels get in disputes with the provider.

I do hope tanking is their plan because if it is not, then holy crap. LOL And if they are indeed tanking, this would be one of the very few times a plan of theirs appears to be working out

isn't it crazy how good Suggs is? And to think he was playing High School ball a year ago

So much Minneapolis area High School talent leaving the state for other universities, too, Little DIck can't seem to convince them to go to the U of MN

Reactions: unoHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT