ADVERTISEMENT

Who else is off today?

ThamesHawk

HR Heisman
Mar 16, 2013
Markets closed. Gonna be a good day at the Thames house. Get some things done around the house I've been wanting to do, fire up the grill, a nap is certainly not out of the question, probably catch up on some HROT threads it looks like I've definitely been missing out on recently.. Who else is getting the day off?

Reactions: Rudolph
My office is closed, I will still go in and get some work done. It will be quiet so I won’t have interruptions.

Plus, I can hide from my wife and two teenage sons. If I stray home they will drain my wallet before lunchtime.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I’m supposed to be off. But I accidentally deleted a bunch of accounting data in our database so I’m going to spend the day, possibly the weekend, try to repair it so we can close the June books Monday.

I’m supposed to be off. But I accidentally deleted a bunch of accounting data in our database so I’m going to spend the day, possibly the weekend, try to repair it so we can close the June books Monday.
You don’t have to backup all your data, just what you want to keep.....

June ME was also quarter end.

Don't you have that little tab that pops up and says, "Are you sure you want to delete this file"?

Reactions: hawkbirch
No days off no holiday weekends in retirement. Before retirement I was a healthcare worker, so I was used to working weekends and holidays.

Sure as shit do.

gotta now a few yards but that’s for spare change. Wife and kids gone this weekend. I’m planning on abusing my left hand

Going in on a holiday, when nobody else is there, to "fix" some problems in the accounting records. Kinda sounds like you are (or, were) a few rounding errors shy of hitting a bonus.

Going in on a holiday, when nobody else is there, to "fix" some problems in the accounting records. Kinda sounds like you are (or, were) a few rounding errors shy of hitting a bonus.

I wish. I was due for at least a $20k bonus for the culmination of a major IT project that went live, unfortunately, in March. With revenues down 50% that is long gone.

Now I just want to keep my name low on the chopping block.

I wish. I was due for at least a $20k bonus for the culmination of a major IT project that went live, unfortunately, in March. With revenues down 50% that is long gone.

Now I just want to keep my name low on the chopping block.
I advise you to stop deleting files accidentally. That gets noticed. ;)

Reactions: 2winCitiesHawk
Homemade breakfast sandwich and hash browns this morning, now sipping on my coffee as the kids play in the sprinkler and pool. For my music playlist, I’ve got Chris Stapleton pandora going now. Maybe Rolling Stones or Zep next.

ADVERTISEMENT