• Iowa: Kirk Ferentz is due for a really good year

Votes: 145 68.1%
  • Nebraska: The Frost effect takes hold

Votes: 33 15.5%
  • Minnesota: Row Row Row your boat

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Iowa State: Campbell is the real deal

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Kentucky: This is about basketball right?

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlutoDroid

HR All-State
Aug 16, 2015
Just a fun little question for all the posters on here. Who will be the best team from this bunch, it's gonna be a long offseason folks.

I voted for Iowa myself, it's never wise to discount Wisconsin but I think they slip a little this year. Iowa proved by waxing Ohio State and Nebraska that they are capable of alot more than we have seen.

I expect a second B1G West crown this year.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I think we are likely looking at 8-5 again. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we are not the team with the most wins, but we could put things together and make a strong run too. Hard to know right now. We need some real playmakers to emerge in the skill groups and Lines to put us over the hump.

Reactions: R0CKY M0UNTAIN HAWK
I think Iowa is a pretty safe bet here. Get ISU and Nebraska at home, should be wins. Unless that QB for Minny is the real deal I just can't see them taking that big of a step forward this year.

Reactions: mick82
I think Iowa is a pretty safe bet here. Get ISU and Nebraska at home, should be wins. Unless that QB for Minny is the real deal I just can't see them taking that big of a step forward this year.
I'm only leery of Nebraska because of the freshness of the whole thing. Michigan had that one good year in Harbaugh's first year and then the honeymoon was over.

Frost is probably gonna bring in lots of energy throughout the first season, ecen if they lose steam by the end due to talent, but much like with Harbaugh coming in, his name alone is attracting a lot of talent including former UFC recruits to jump ship for Lincoln.

If we can beat Frost in his first year, that will be huge as far as perception goes. Yeah there'll be the talk of "give it time, he's still bringing in his recruits", but Iowa winning that game stalls the idea of Nebraska reasserting itself among the contenders...............assuming they aren't already like 11-0 or 10-1 going into the game.

Iowa 10-2 or 9-3
Nebraska 8-4 or 7-5

Lol @ Minnys 0 votes

Iowa is due for a good year, Wisconsin will be tough for everybody
Every year analyists say NW will be good and then they aren’t
Purdue could be relevant for at least a couple weeks in big ten play

Iowa 10-2 or 9-3
Nebraska 8-4 or 7-5

Lol @ Minnys 0 votes

Iowa is due for a good year, Wisconsin will be tough for everybody
Every year analyists say NW will be good and then they aren’t
Purdue could be relevant for at least a couple weeks in big ten play
This is the first post from a Neb fan that I haven’t hated in a long time. Get out of here Nebrasketball before I actually give your post a like.

I'm only leery of Nebraska because of the freshness of the whole thing. Michigan had that one good year in Harbaugh's first year and then the honeymoon was over.

Frost is probably gonna bring in lots of energy throughout the first season, ecen if they lose steam by the end due to talent, but much like with Harbaugh coming in, his name alone is attracting a lot of talent including former UFC recruits to jump ship for Lincoln.

If we can beat Frost in his first year, that will be huge as far as perception goes. Yeah there'll be the talk of "give it time, he's still bringing in his recruits", but Iowa winning that game stalls the idea of Nebraska reasserting itself among the contenders...............assuming they aren't already like 11-0 or 10-1 going into the game.

Complete BS...the outcome of the IA-NU game will have no bearing on the trajectory of the NU program.

If Iowa is not 9-3 next year I will be disappointed.

The big difference in 2009 and 2015 compared to the last 2 years was we won the close games. [Or in 2009; the majority of the close games.]

If Iowa is not 9-3 next year I will be disappointed.

The big difference in 2009 and 2015 compared to the last 2 years was we won the close games. [Or in 2009; the majority of the close games.]
Iowa will start 0-2, then only lose two more to go 8-4, if they get another mid tier ACC team in a bowl again they have a good chance to win that bowl game, and go 9-4. That’s just what Iowa is, so there’s really no need to watch.

Nebraska's schedule is brutal. @Michigan, @ Northwestern, @ Iowa, @ Wisconsin, @ Ohio State. Home game with Michigan State. If Frost gets them to 8-4, he will have really done something.
This is it! From the last season's to this? It's Frost not flop, until proven other wise.

Reactions: FunnyLike_A_Clown
Nebraska's schedule is brutal. @Michigan, @ Northwestern, @ Iowa, @ Wisconsin, @ Ohio State. Home game with Michigan State. If Frost gets them to 8-4, he will have really done something.
8 wins is something special?
With ALL that talent we keep hearing about?
10+ wins or bust!

Reactions: GetTheRedOut

Remember when Tom Herman was going to be 1 year turnaround king in Austin? Me too.

I think we are likely looking at 8-5 again. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we are not the team with the most wins, but we could put things together and make a strong run too. Hard to know right now. We need some real playmakers to emerge in the skill groups and Lines to put us over the hump.

I absolutely will be surprised if we're 8-5. 2016 and 2017 were rebuilding years after 12-2. If not this year, when? Kirk should find his seat pretty hot if this is yet another average season.

I think we've got some real playmakers at TE in Hockenson and Fant. I think ISM takes a big step to compliment Easley, who I would call a playmaker at wideout. Finally, as high as people are on Toren Young, I think IKM showed some dynamism down the stretch against Nebraska. I think we could have a Freddy and Jermelle combo at RB.

Reactions: Blackleaf40
Iowa will start 0-2, then only lose two more to go 8-4, if they get another mid tier ACC team in a bowl again they have a good chance to win that bowl game, and go 9-4. That’s just what Iowa is, so there’s really no need to watch.

Sweet! 7-2 or 8-1 in the West? That might win it.

You will be on your hands and knees praying on the morning of Nov 23rd. Any yes, YOU will be watching. Who knows, you might even be playing for a bowl, not a big time bowl but a bowl nonetheless.

Isnt 8 wins worth about 200k in Iowa City?

Hmm, lets see. Nebraska is paying Riley $170,000 a month for the next three years, still paying Bo $128,000 a month til Feb of 2019 and of course Frost at $417,000 a month. That is $715,000 per month in head coach salaries. Lets say football is four months long. That's $2.86 million. Lets be generous and say Nebraska wins 7 games. That's $409,000 per win. WOW! Just WOW!

So using YOUR math, I'd say eight wins in Nebraska is worth nearly $3.3 million.

Maybe not worth it but that's what it's gonna cost ya! Good thing I didn't factor in what you owe the AD.

ADVERTISEMENT