ADVERTISEMENT

Who here is excited for Special Forces: World's Toughest Test?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I saw a lot of ads for this new TV product on Saturday and Sunday while watching football.
Fox took a bunch of people and has four ex special forces operators scream at them while they do stuff that looks semi dangerous, but legal had to sign off on.
I guess it would be interesting if I thought that having Jamie Lynn Spears, or Anthony Scarmucci in it legitimized it. Tyler Florence and Dwight Howard? Kate Gosselin, where has she been for the last 20 years?
Carli Lloyd and Nastia Liukin might give a decent showing. Maybe Mike Piazza, but he's pretty old (Sigh).

Nobody? Well, Fox is going to lose bigly on this one unless Mel B or someone died during filming and they can promo that.

f90417b7-2ff7-444e-ab09-bdad857c240e-text.gif

Looks boring. Rich people paying for extreme experiences that are totally safe but make them uncomfortable. No one believes you.

The people going through that training by the way don't have a safety net physically or professionally. If they do make it through the training without being injured, dying, or washing out that is the just the beginning of their career in that part of the military. A very high pressure dangerous career.

No you can't replicate it

Reactions: sabula
Just have them do SFAS (Special Forces Assessment and Selection). When they all fall out in the first hour, call it a series.

Looks boring. Rich people paying for extreme experiences that are totally safe but make them uncomfortable. No one believes you.

The people going through that training by the way don't have a safety net physically or professionally. If they do make it through the training without being injured, dying, or washing out that is the just the beginning of their career in that part of the military. A very high pressure dangerous career.

No you can't replicate it

The soldiers doing it do have a safety net, they just go back to their previous position. It's not fail or leave the Army (or Navy/Marines, etc).

I have a friend who did SFAS three times (injured, not selected, selected) over around 18 months. Made it through all phases the last time. He just went back to his Ranger unit between attempts

My level of interest in this show (which appears to do a bad job of hiding it's just more free advertising for the military):

09a5d985-db3a-4dd1-a492-78170872950c_text.gif

The soldiers doing it do have a safety net, they just go back to their previous position. It's not fail or leave the Army (or Navy/Marines, etc).

I have a friend who did SFAS three times (injured, not selected, selected) over around 18 months. Made it through all phases the last time. He just went back to his Ranger unit between attempts
I guess what I meant was these people are not there in a professional sense. They are tourists. The people doing this for real are living there and this is their world. I was asked by my co and a few others to go special forces. My drill Sargeant in ait at ft Benning pulled me aside near graduation and asked me to think about ranger school. I guess infantry was enough for me or maybe a lack of confidence but I never saw myself as being at that level even though others saw something and over 6 years different people pushed me to apply to those schools. I know I was good enough to apply but didn't think I wanted to suffer that much if that makes sense and was pretty sure I would wash out....lack of confidence or realist who knows now. It was a very long time ago. I definitely didn't want to put myself in a position to get shot at more and knew that's exactly what that life would be. No safety net.

You obviously are former military. I saw enough people die or get seriously injured just in training exercises and saw enough of the special forces and ranger types going places to know there is no such thing as peace time for those guys. Ever. Known enough people in units like that to know that even before Afghanistan was a thing we were in places like Afghanistan doing things and these guys were getting shot at. That helicopter crashes are an easy way of explaining why someone isn't coming home again ever.

So yeah they have a safety net that people doing it for real don't have. They make it through training and they are going home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT