ADVERTISEMENT

Who is a the Hawkeyes gonna git ?

No, and no.

DJ Harvey picked Vanderbilt, and Sam & Joey Hauser eliminated Iowa without even taking a visit.

Back to the drawing board, it seems.

No, and no.

DJ Harvey picked Vanderbilt, and Sam & Joey Hauser eliminated Iowa without even taking a visit.

Back to the drawing board, it seems.

Swing and a miss. With DJ.... I am sure that Fran hasn't had the Hauser brothers on his radar for a while not. He would have known their interest from the get go.

Reactions: D-Ram
Austin Vereen?

Grad Xfr from VMI

6'4" Guard who redshirted last year coming off injury so he could complete studies and become Grad Transfer. He's from DC Area and Garza retweeted his announcement. yeah... i creeped.... Tom's ceepy corner rubs off on you ;)

tenor.gif

Austin Vereen?

Grad Xfr from VMI

6'4" Guard who redshirted last year coming off injury so he could complete studies and become Grad Transfer. He's from DC Area and Garza retweeted his announcement. yeah... i creeped.... Tom's ceepy corner rubs off on you ;)

He's likely worse than Dailey.

I think he went to HS with Garza. Likely not a target.

I have yet to take a shot at Fran still having some hope. Likely losing Joe W. next year and striking out in 2020's recruiting class should solidify future mediocrity here. I'm not sure what it's going to take for Barta and many Hawk fans to realize we can do better than this.

I will add that giving Fran credit for being so much better than lickliter is ridiculous! That dude is the worst thing that's ever happened to Iowa basketball in the 40+ years I've been following it! Most hires would have had more success than that guy! Of the 6 coaches that Iowa has had since I've been following it, I would put Fran in 5th Place! It really would not take much to climb into second place, I just don't know if it's going to happen... how much longer do you wait to find that out? Ugh!

No we don’t. We lose 26 pts and are putting faith in 5 players that didn’t play last year. 3 of those players have never played a meaningful minute at the college level. I would be surprised if we are .500

I think we'll be fine, will we win the conference? No, but I'm still anxious as heck for next season.

We have 3 Schollies available, right now ?

The twins ??? The Notre Damer?

Go Hawks :)

We have 5 scholarships available for next year with 2 taken by PMac and Joe T.

Unlikely we would get a HS kid for next year unless the $$$ scandal mushrooms and some kids are scrambling to find a place to land. Most all committed except for a few 5 stars looking for the best deal

Grad Transfer possible but not likely - not many that would break into the top 7 or 8 - not many drive & 3 SG's out there of any consequence or without issues.

Juco - Same - most committed or issues.

My guess is we carry over to 20-21 year with 5 to fill - 3 after our transfers out and the 2 for the graduation of JBo and Kriener

The Iowa bball program is sure getting ugly again....heading toward Lickloseresque.
To draw this ridiculous conclusion you ether have to have a hardened anti-Fran agenda or the IQ of an ostrich. You probably have both.

Reactions: ConiferHawk
To draw this ridiculous conclusion you ether have to have a hardened anti-Fran agenda or the IQ of an ostrich. You probably have both.

Well, we do only have 10 scholarship players on the roster as it stands, and there doesn't seem to be much urgency to bring anyone in or replace our recruiting guru. He's not wrong.

Reactions: intrepodor
Well, we do only have 10 scholarship players on the roster as it stands, and there doesn't seem to be much urgency to bring anyone in or replace our recruiting guru. He's not wrong.
You must have been in a prefrontal coma during the Lickliter era. Comparing McCaffery to Lickliter is per se absurd.

Reactions: millhawk
You must have been in a prefrontal coma during the Lickliter era. Comparing McCaffery to Lickliter is per se absurd.

I, personally, am not comparing Fran to Lick, that would be ridiculous. But, looking at where our roster is at this moment in time...I don't see a squad that is going to take a step forward even a little bit, not in the Big Ten.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I have yet to take a shot at Fran still having some hope. Likely losing Joe W. next year and striking out in 2020's recruiting class should solidify future mediocrity here. I'm not sure what it's going to take for Barta and many Hawk fans to realize we can do better than this.

I will add that giving Fran credit for being so much better than lickliter is ridiculous! That dude is the worst thing that's ever happened to Iowa basketball in the 40+ years I've been following it! Most hires would have had more success than that guy! Of the 6 coaches that Iowa has had since I've been following it, I would put Fran in 5th Place! It really would not take much to climb into second place, I just don't know if it's going to happen... how much longer do you wait to find that out? Ugh!

You put Fran below Alford?

Do you know what Fran is doing behind the scenes? Are you sure there is not any urgency? Should he be broadcasting all of his recruiting intentions on this board and social media?

Ah, yes, the horror of 4 NCAA trips in 6 years with 3 wins

Yeah people are losing their minds. Everyone knew Cook was leaving after this year and everyone bashed Dailey all year and Moss was the worst starter on the team who most objective fans knew was a mediocre player at best and now we are hearing how the team is headed back into the Lick era. It’s like bizarro world.

Reactions: 01135965
When Foster commits, all of you fickle bastards will be singing Fran’s praises.
We should probably set our expectations at basement level for landing Foster. He is dating an ISU dancer and just got a visit from a blue bood. I dont know what way he is leaning but I can tell you its probably not toward Iowa.

We should probably set our expectations at basement level for landing Foster. He is dating an ISU dancer and just got a visit from a blue bood. I dont know what way he is leaning but I can tell you its probably not toward Iowa.

The odds of a potential NBA player going to a college because of a high school girlfriend have to be near zero.

Reactions: owenhawk
Some names to keep an eye on.

Austin Vereen VMI SG 6-4 eligible immediate
Antoine Pittman Bradley SG 6-3 eligible immediate
Willy Nunez Florida INT SG 6-5 eligible immediate
issac gassman Illnoisios state Sg 6-5 eligible immediate
Malik ellison Pittsburgh SG 6-6 eligible immediate was team captain as well

Why do we lose Joe W after next season again? He doesn't like college, Fran, both?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT