ADVERTISEMENT

who is at the top of your list for head coach?

Last thing I will say is I still think there are players that want to come to Kirks defense but they fear they will get torn apart on social media if they do so. It is frustrating how we preach that everyone needs to be heard but people get ripped to shreds when they speak.

Agreed, there are 100-120 players associated with the team, it would stand to reason that some percentage of them are not "on board" with kneeling for the anthem and/or boosting some of the coaches out. What do they do? I think that will vary, but I suspect some will transfer and some will stay and not say anything...but I think this could affect team unity.

Reactions: birdman1973
Kirk Ferentz. If not, Chris Klieman, he’s the best coach out there, imo, and is from Iowa.

If Kirk steps down, I'll be just fine with Brian Ferentz 5 years earlier than scheduled.

A. No way Brian is offered this position if KF is forced out.
B. No way Brian would want it if they forced his dad out.

If Kirk left, I think you would try to get Bob for a couple years with a coach in waiting. I would take Mark Stoops or Klieman as well. Tough to leave their jobs right now though...

Reactions: ChuckBarkley
A. No way Brian is offered this position if KF is forced out.
B. No way Brian would want it if they forced his dad out.

If Kirk left, I think you would try to get Bob for a couple years with a coach in waiting. I would take Mark Stoops or Klieman as well. Tough to leave their jobs right now though...
There zero to less than zero chance of KF being forced out. It isn't out of the question entirely however that he may step aside despite being asked to stay and in this scenario Brian getting the job isn't entirely out of the question, imo.

Dave Aranda?
Abdul Hodge?
Jim Leonard?
Bobby Diaco?
Glen Mason?
Erik Chinander?
Chuck Long?
Rex Ryan?
Steve Mariucci?
Mike Verducci?
Bernie Wyatt?
Rick Neuhiesal?
Chip Kelly?
Brady Hoke?
The coach from Revenge Of The Nerds?
The Can’t Stanzya coach from Seinfeld?
The Fonz from Waterboy?

Dave Aranda?
Abdul Hodge?
Jim Leonard?
Bobby Diaco?
Glen Mason?
Erik Chinander?
Chuck Long?
Rex Ryan?
Steve Mariucci?
Mike Verducci?
Bernie Wyatt?
Rick Neuhiesal?
Chip Kelly?
Brady Hoke?
The Fonz from Waterboy?
Bud Kilmer

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Dave Aranda?
Abdul Hodge?
Jim Leonard?
Bobby Diaco?
Glen Mason?
Erik Chinander?
Chuck Long?
Rex Ryan?
Steve Mariucci?
Mike Verducci?
Bernie Wyatt?
Rick Neuhiesal?
Chip Kelly?
Brady Hoke?
The Fonz from Waterboy?
PJ Fleck, Mark Dantonio, Bret Bielema

The new coach has] to be black, how can anybody not see that. This will be a 70's redo! I might start to enjoy watching Iowa get their asses kicked.

Right now, the University is using the exact same criteria in looking for a new head coach as Joe Biden is using in looking for a running mate. If Stacey Abrams knows anything about the 4-3 defense, she'll be our next coach.
If Kirk is gone, there's a nearly 100% chance our next head coach is African American. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I fear race will be the deciding factor, not qualification.

Reactions: jo12208
in all the tweets I have seen , which is maybe 5 or so, he is widely implicated. and I am not a fan of tweets. so 5 or so. big sample for me cause I don't do tweets. basically KF is trump and brian is don jr or Kushner

Based on this tweet, I am pretty sure that oit is Trump. Taking a small sample and making it out to be much larger is a Trumpian thing to do

Unless there is more Doyle is gone and Kirk coaches this year. If Kirk is fired then Woods steps in for the year. Brian will now never be the HC at Iowa. Wouldn’t surprise me if KF coaches this year and then steps down. Brian goes to the NFL next year. Once sports start back up and give it a year they can hire who they want regardless of race in my opinion.

Whats with all the political Bull$hit in this thread? I know its a crazy concept.but there is a pretty good chance we do end up with a new HC when this is all said and done and 100% chance we have a new HC within 5 years so the topic is relevant.

Reactions: grhawk
There are only 2 scenarios that Kirk isn’t the coach
1) a lot more comes out and he knew a lot more than leading on
2) more comes out on Brian and Brian is fired/ask to resign...Kirk says if he goes I go too.

In either scenario I think it’s either someone on staff (not Brian) or Bob Stoops.

Mark Stoops would be the correct choice if he wanted to come back home! Jay Norvell would be next again if he wanted to come back home.

I think Luke Fickell would be a great hire and should be at the top of our list. A lot of experience in the midwest, successful at Cincinnati, still relatively young in his mid-40's, and I'm guessing he'd like to get back into the Big Ten. He isn't getting the OSU job as long as Day is there, and with Day being several years younger and successful there is no point in waiting around for that job to open up.

If he says no, I go hard after Bob Stoops and ask him to step in for 4-5 years to right the ship and then hand it off to a hand picked successor.

I don't think Phil wants to be a head coach as there's no reason he wouldn't have already been one at another school otherwise. I don't think KOK is going to hang around if Kirk is gone. And I don't think anyone else on staff is quite ready to take over as head coach. Plus we have some other alums that would be worthy of a look before most of our assistants.

ADVERTISEMENT