ADVERTISEMENT

Who is better?

I would say give Rathjen a chance to see what he can do at 49. He is redshirt freshman, basically coming off last year being hurt. He beat Chittum this summer and Paneiro. I think there is potential there.

I would say give Rathjen a chance to see what he can do at 49. He is redshirt freshman, basically coming off last year being hurt. He beat Chittum this summer and Paneiro. I think there is potential there.
I was sitting mat side for that match. I was really impressed by Rathjen. He was down early and came back hard. It was a wild match. Chittum gassed a bit in that one. I think you have two really good wrestlers on your hands there.

Well you would hope that they, the coaches and wrestlers , will have a plan and figure this out! We haven't had the best track record when it comes to this. If Rathjen was able to beat Chittum, that kinda tells you you need them both in the line up!

If cobe or someone else can take either of them out, well all the better. Have your 2 best wrestlers filling those 2 weights and not one of the better wrestlers on the bench because someone did not make a choice during the off-season!

Someone please explain this to the Brandzis!!! ; )

Reactions: Grip220 and el dub
Well you would hope that they, the coaches and wrestlers , will have a plan and figure this out! We haven't had the best track record when it comes to this. If Rathjen was able to beat Chittum, that kinda tells you you need them both in the line up!

If cobe or someone else can take either of them out, well all the better. Have your 2 best wrestlers filling those 2 weights and not one of the better wrestlers on the bench because someone did not make a choice during the off-season!

Someone please explain this to the Brandzis!!! ; )
No need to tell the Brands. The three of them will compete and based on the body of work, it will settle out.
I do miss wrestle offs and wish they’d bring them back.

I strongly disagree. He may be a career ‘49 as a matter of fact.
this-pleases-me-heavy-weights.gif

Has Chittum wrestled Haines, Sealey or Ferrari?

Chittum is 3+ years older than Sealey, so there's very little overlap there.

Haines has wrestled Riggins, but that's about it in terms of overlap between recent PSU and Iowa recruits/wrestlers.

Seriously, is he cutting that hard to get to 154?

This isn't ideal for our lineup next year.
Remember his performance in Vegas? Lost 1st match, won 2nd and defaulted out? There was a reason for that, and he is growing.

hmm... So who's the real insider? The guy with his name to soon be on the building? Or the duck hunter?
I don’t give much of a shit and I doubt Bob does either…. As he said, time will tell. And I hate waterfowl hunting. Lotta boring work with little reward.. Not to mention I’d rather eat a raccoon than a duck.

Last edited:
I don’t give much of a shit and I doubt Bob does either…. As he said, time will tell. And I hate waterfowl hunting. Lotta boring work with little reward.. Not to mention I’d rather eat a raccoon than a duck.
Agree. The main issue to me is:

Have 3 sure fire NC's
Have 3 others well capable of making the finals
The other 4 need to be solid AA guys.

I think Chit starts in the middle and works his way up. Our line up next year could be close to the above with a couple transfers and Arnold doing his thing as he so states.

What say you Gobs?

Agree. The main issue to me is:

Have 3 sure fire NC's
Have 3 others well capable of making the finals
The other 4 need to be solid AA guys.

I think Chit starts in the middle and works his way up. Our line up next year could be close to the above with a couple transfers and Arnold doing his thing as he so states.

What say you Gobs?
I agree…. I think Cody and Gabe get their shirts pulled in January. I see Ayala, Woods, and Cass as finalists right away(not ready to say sure fire NCs) with Chittum and Arnold playing into that contender/high AA group when shirts are pulled. I also believe there will be an impact transfer. I don’t think we lose any points at all next season and could easily envision an increase in points.

I agree…. I think Cody and Gabe get their shirts pulled in January. I see Ayala, Woods, and Cass as finalists right away(not ready to say sure fire NCs) with Chittum and Arnold playing into that contender/high AA group when shirts are pulled. I also believe there will be an impact transfer. I don’t think we lose any points at all next season and could easily envision an increase in points.
I see Kennedy elevating into the middle group next year. Assad as a solid AA. And two solid transfers coming in.

We'll see

I see Kennedy elevating into the middle group next year. Assad as a solid AA. And two solid transfers coming in.

We'll see
Yes.. 100% forgot to mention Pat! My bad there. Assad is at a “show me” at this point though and I love the young man. That’s 6 high AAs for me plus hopefully a high impact transfer and a full potential Abe. Next year could easily surpass this year as far as firepower in the lineup.

Last edited:
125 Ayala Top 5
133 Teske/Schriever 6th-r12
141 Woods Top 3
149 Siebrect/Rathjen 7th-rd12
157 Chittum Top 6
165 Kennedy Top 6
174 Brands/Arnold AA
184 Assad 5th-rd12
197 Glazier/Franklin 2-2ish(Portal)
285 Cass Top3

3 title contenders(Ayala, Woods, Cass)
3 solid mid AAs(Chittum, Kennedy, 174)
3 low end AA-type rd12(133, 149 & Assad)
1 Qualifier 197(potential portal)
I would wager on 7AAs + pending injuries

We will be in the hunt next year imo.

125 Ayala top 3

133 Teske/Schriever 6th-r12
141 Woods Top 3
149 Chittum Top 3
157 Seibrecht Top 6
165 Kennedy Top 6
174 Arnold Top 6
184 Assad 5th-rd12
197 Glazier/Franklin 2-2ish(Portal top 6)
285 Cass Top3

3 title contenders(Ayala, Woods, Cass)
3 solid mid AAs(Chittum, Kennedy, 174)
2 low end AA-type rd12(149 & Assad)
1 Qualifier 197(potential portal)
I would wager on 7AAs + pending injuries

We will be in the hunt next year imo.
FIFY.

i'd like to see Cody at 157. I think 49 is a pull for him - especially for 4 + months

i remember before Ironman weigh ins his FR year he looked like death. had a crappy showing. then bounced back and on Beast the next weekend.

This but woods is champ this year and I don’t see anyone beating him next year right now.

I don’t think Cody starts in Rs. He’s our 149 starter right away, day one. For me Chittum has top 3 potential right away at 149, I wouldn’t be as optimistic if he were at 157. Still an AA there, but with a more fragile ceiling.

I’d love to see a transfer at 197. I don’t see a likely one out there right now and with the tightening up of the transfer rules (one free transfer) I think relying on transfers to fill our lineup could turn into fools gold.

I like the potential our lineup shows next year. We’ll need to start looking for a new heavy (I’m terrified football will pull Kueter away) and 184, the year after but this team looks solid for the next few years.

This but woods is champ this year and I don’t see anyone beating him next year right now.

I don’t think Cody starts in Rs. He’s our 149 starter right away, day one. For me Chittum has top 3 potential right away at 149, I wouldn’t be as optimistic if he were at 157. Still an AA there, but with a more fragile ceiling.

I’d love to see a transfer at 197. I don’t see a likely one out there right now and with the tightening up of the transfer rules (one free transfer) I think relying on transfers to fill our lineup could turn into fools gold.

I like the potential our lineup shows next year. We’ll need to start looking for a new heavy (I’m terrified football will pull Kueter away) and 184, the year after but this team looks solid for the next few years.

I think he has a great ceiling at 157. I think he would give #1 Robb all he wants right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT