ADVERTISEMENT

"Who Is Looking Out For Gay Kids?" Is there an inevitable alliance brewing between Homosexuals and conservatives?

red/green hawk

HR Heisman
Oct 28, 2009
This is fascinating to me. Some pull quotes...

Among the most important things a gay boy needs to know is that he is no less a boy because he is attracted to his own sex. The proof of this is his own body. Removing the body from any conception of sex takes this away from him. And if he were ever to act out the idea of being a girl, the current treatment is immediate affirmation, puberty blockers, then female hormones and sterilization. Letting him be, or supporting him in his male body, or allowing him to fully experience puberty and grow up gay, is less and less where the emphasis lies.

We have accumulating evidence that lesbian girls in particular are susceptible to this suggestion — as we see transition rates soar beyond anything previously known in teen years, and as the number of detransitioning women grows in number. This unavoidable tension between messages that are good for trans kids and those that are good for gay kids is absent from the debate — in part because the woke conflate both experiences into the entirely ideological construct of being LGBTQIA++. But no one is LGBTQIA++. It’s literally impossible. And the difference between the gay and trans experience is vast, especially when it comes to biological sex.

At some point, gay men need to face down those who deny the biological differences in the human body that make homosexuality possible. If there is no sex binary, there is no homosexuality. We are not some third sex; we are one of two sexes: men. Our sex is not just in our head; it was not merely assigned at birth. It is in our bodies and minds shaped by testosterone since the womb, bodies that seek sex and intimacy with other male bodies shaped by testosterone in the womb. That the former gay rights movement would now seek to deny this is just one sign of its collapse into woke degeneracy. That some gay rights leaders are now telling gay men they should force themselves to be attracted to vaginas, or that we have to have a pronoun sticker on our jacket to remind people we’re men, is an outrage.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
So are you going to jump all over OP for copying and pasting someone else’s thoughts then, or what?
He started a thread to discuss it. How would you feel if I posted right wing think tank links on all the circle jerk liberal threads on here?

He started a thread to discuss it. How would you feel if I posted right wing think tank links on all the circle jerk liberal threads on here?
You literally show up in every thread spouting the same dumbass wingnut BS you know you aren’t bright enough to have dreamed up yourself. Every thread. Maybe I’d give you props for citing your sources.

Reactions: Torg and IA_HAWKI
You literally show up in every thread spouting the same dumbass wingnut BS you know you aren’t bright enough to have dreamed up yourself. Every thread. Maybe I’d give you props for citing your sources.
Lol ok little guy. Nice starter home by the way.

I just find it fascinating that a gay man wrote this piece and he is a proponent of biological sex. Some might think an allegiance between homosexuals and conservatives is preposterous but if an end goal is the same...political alliances do not necessarily mean the two parties agree on everything or even like each other...

Are you talking bout chis? I’m sure you’re ok with him doing it. Hack

Are you capable of writing out your own thoughts? Posting tweets from accounts that are obviously pushing liberal politics is all you’ve done lately.
Maybe you should listen to what the guy said, bro.

Calm down.

Reactions: Torg
I just find it fascinating that a gay man wrote this piece and he is a proponent of biological sex

I find it fascinating that just because an alleged gay guy wrote the piece, you seem to think he speaks for all gay people and their experiences in society.

Reactions: Torg
While we're at it ...

How about the grouping together of the "LGBTQ+ Community?" Ha! There's probably more division than consensus in just the Trans folks, let alone with and between all the other "letters."

Pretty sure @TarponSpringsNole, as an example, has bemoaned being "lumped in" with some of the louder Trans' voices. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: red/green hawk
I find it fascinating that just because an alleged gay guy wrote the piece, you seem to think he speaks for all gay people and their experiences in society.
If you care to, you can go to his substack and read the dissent on those that disagree with him. However, this guy is making a solid point. There is no gay without the biological sexes and traditional genders assigned to those sexes. The homosexual movement has been lumped into an alphabet soup that has nothing in common with most of the other letters other than political affiliation. I bet you a lesbian and a femminist can tell you what a woman is but yet the modern Democrat party can't for fear of offending their newest political pawn. Which I think is great because by doing so they are marginalizing 2 of their most sacred allegiances and pushing even more voters away.

Reactions: 24 so far
If you care to, you can go to his substack and read the dissent on those that disagree with him. However, this guy is making a solid point. There is no gay without the biological sexes and traditional genders assigned to those sexes.

This is 100% false. And that there are gay people (and have been for >1000 years) fully debunks it.

What makes "no sense" is that "gayness" is fully hereditary.

When you recognize that is a false assumption, you will realize your OP article's premise is fully false.
So gayness is choice? I thought gay people were born gay, or that isvwhat we have been told. His whole point is gay men are attracted to men and their male body. Gay women are attracted to women and their female body. Are you saying that isn't what being gay is? If you are you are proving the OPs premise.

So gayness is choice? I thought gay people were born gay
Doesn't mean it's genetic.

There are chemical interactions that go on during pregnancy (and after) which also have impacts.

It's why two "straight" people can have gay kids.

Nor is it entirely binary. Gay people can have hetero relationships (folks who hide their gay-ness). Ergo, the entire premise of your gay dude's post is really nonsense.

Doesn't mean it's genetic.

There are chemical interactions that go on during pregnancy (and after) which also have impacts.

It's why two "straight" people can have gay kids.

Nor is it entirely binary. Gay people can have hetero relationships (folks who hide their gay-ness). Ergo, the entire premise of your gay dude's post is really nonsense.
This is redefinition if you ask me. Andrew Sullivan isn't just some random gay dude. He's been on the forefront of gay rights activism for umpteen years. He is sending a warning shot across the bow with this piece. Agree with him or not, that's what he's doing.

I've heard this argument a few times, but almost always based on lesbians. It's mostly affecting women so far, and some lesbians feel that they are beginning to be erased, as more and more young female lesbians are being suggested they aren't lesbian women, they're men.

This is almost an unmentionable subject though, because questioning trans orthodoxy even slightly is a quick ticket out of any status in any space that matters to people who are otherwise progressive all the way around.

I don't know if an alliance with conservatives is likely or makes any sense, but I do indeed think you may well see a break between homosexual groups and the extreme "there is no biological gender" position that's been staked out.

Reactions: red/green hawk
I've heard this argument a few times, but almost always based on lesbians. It's mostly affecting women so far, and some lesbians feel that they are beginning to be erased, as more and more young female lesbians are being suggested they aren't lesbian women, they're men.
Seems like a completely manufactured "crisis".

I know quite a few lesbians (all married to another lesbian). Never hear a whit of any of this from them. They just want equal rights to marriage/inheritance laws, etc. They really don't give a crap what someone else's feeling about "being a man" over "being a lesbian" are.

Seems like a completely manufactured "crisis".

I know quite a few lesbians (all married to another lesbian). Never hear a whit of any of this from them. They just want equal rights to marriage/inheritance laws, etc. They really don't give a crap what someone else's feeling about "being a man" over "being a lesbian" are.
First time I heard this argument was a trans who didn't want to be lumped in with gay and lesbians...

This is almost an unmentionable subject though, because questioning trans orthodoxy even slightly is a quick ticket out of any status in any space that matters to people who are otherwise progressive all the way around.

I don't know if an alliance with conservatives is likely or makes any sense, but I do indeed think you may well see a break between homosexual groups and the extreme "there is no biological gender" position that's been staked out.
You bring up a valid point. Reagan Democrats broke ranks in the early 80s. It can happen again. Big tent conservatism can be a thing again. It just needs the right person to craft the right message. Like I stated in an earlier post, Andrew Sullivan is not just some random gay dude. People listen to him. His sentiment could be infectious whether some want to believe it or not.

First time I heard this argument was a trans who didn't want to be lumped in with gay and lesbians...
So?

How does that impact lesbians? The happily married ones I know don't give a crap. They simply want equal rights for themselves and their kids.

ADVERTISEMENT