ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the Biggest Steal out of this recruiting class??

Hey are they working out?
Reread your post smart guy. We've had decent classes and pretty good record with those classes. Now, since you expect a national championship every year, it may not meet your level. I think our recent classes have been pretty good and we develop players better than almost any program in the country. However, NIL and the portal is going to make things harder for Iowa. But, of course, in your infinite wisdom you know better. Not sure if you ever coached (or played beyond middle school) but it would help if you had.

I hope we hit the jackpot with all of the pwo WRs, but as a program should never be in this position where they actually need some of these guys to produce. Who’s the sleeper? Hopefully one of the pwo.
Dayton Howard... He will be the dude. There is a lot of talk about Jarriett Buie too. Still want a portal WR. Someone with glue for hands.

Best classes? Since when? I assume you haven’t been a Hawkeye very long. Have you watched the product on the field? How have those “best classes” worked out?
Seemingly pretty well. We’ve been through one of the most solid 5-7 cycles in history. Sure the past two years were held back because of the obviously personnel issues on O…. But they still, like always are in the hunt with 1-2 weeks to go

I'm going with Howard if we are talking steals. We were about the only school that offered him. Huge target. I like the size of the WRs we are getting. Hopefully we can teach them how to use it to their advantage.
They haven't yet. Seems like they teach our receivers are taught to block not get open and catch balls

Seemingly pretty well. We’ve been through one of the most solid 5-7 cycles in history. Sure the past two years were held back because of the obviously personnel issues on O…. But they still, like always are in the hunt with 1-2 weeks to go
In the hunt for the weakest division in P5? Is that our aspiration of a successful season?

I like the class but don't see immediate contributors. I like that there are a lot of ATH listed so let them figure out where they belong and let them go.

Individually, I'll be watching Kahlil Tate. LB/CASH type position for him.

Biggest steal came when Bama stole Proctor.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Anyone have much info on WR Alex Mota?

His tape shows one heck of a burst of speed... Looks like he is at top speed in 2 steps! And with a 4.4 40 & a 38 inch vertical, that ain't bad!

He originally camped at Iowa as a DB. But switched to WR.... If he has good hands and can run good routes, this guy could be a good pick up.

Tate is my pick on defense. He has a really high ceiling. I expect big things from him but all of our defensive gets are really good. Keuter way underrated!
Lauck is going to be special on the line. Definitely has that nasty streak we need on the line.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I like Kahlil Tate and Teegan Davis. Tate had some big-time offers including Michigan, OIe Miss, Nebraska, Oregon and Tennessee. I've heard the staff is very high on him. They also liked Teegan for awhile after Sean Considine called them several times to recruit the kid. We didn't offer until the very last minute to keep Bielema off our trail. We are absolutely stacked at DB. Throw in Nwankpa, Koen Entringer, and John Nester... wow. It's going to be a battle to get on the field.

Tate is my pick on defense. He has a really high ceiling. I expect big things from him but all of our defensive gets are really good. Keuter way underrated!
Lauck is going to be special on the line. Definitely has that nasty streak we need on the line.
Yeah, I think both Tate and Nestor can be big time players.

I like Kahlil Tate and Teegan Davis. Tate had some big-time offers including Michigan, OIe Miss, Nebraska, Oregon and Tennessee. I've heard the staff is very high on him. They also liked Teegan for awhile after Sean Considine called them several times to recruit the kid. We didn't offer until the very last minute to keep Bielema off our trail. We are absolutely stacked at DB. Throw in Nwankpa, Koen Entringer, and John Nester... wow. It's going to be a battle to get on the field.
The more I hear about the Teegan Davis calls from passed Iowa players as HS football coaches, the more intriguing it seems! There were two former Iowa players, now HS coaches, that contacted Iowa about him. Considine and....?

Our DB room will be a good one, as usual, for a long time to come. Love it!

The more I hear about the Teegan Davis calls from passed Iowa players as HS football coaches, the more intriguing it seems! There were two former Iowa players, now HS coaches, that contacted Iowa about him. Considine and....?

Our DB room will be a good one, as usual, for a long time to come. Love it!

Bowen.

Reactions: Hawks2405
Cannon Leonard and Teegan Davis.
Cool story about Teegan Davis is that Iowa liked him for awhile however 'hid' their interest as everyone watching a school's Twitter follows so Iowa never jumped in to 'follow' him until almost very end. I guess Teegan IIRC drove to IA City for a camp almost unannounced and was in parking lot, called coaches to come in to workout and rest is history.
I think they did this with Micah Hyde as well, knew they liked him but slow played interest to deter other schools from jumping on board, pretty cool.

Just saw your post we were thinking the same thing!

Pick one for offense, and one for defense. Not going to pick any transfers - Anterio, All & Cade...as they are 4+ star players.

Offense: Dayton Howard. I was going to pick Marco, but QB is always a toss up.
Howard looks fantastic! How the Kansas schools didn't jump on this guy is nutty. Dayton only played ONE year for a school that passed the ball, when he transferred high schools his senior year. His stats are through the roof. He is well built. Used to blocking from his previous HS. He will not be redshirting... He is my pick for O.

Defense: Ben Kueter is too easy. Best wrestler in the world for U20. Damn. He hurts people just by looking at them.. And I can't take someone in our backyard....
This one seems tougher than the offensive side... I am going with Chase Brackney. The guy is built! Has wheels. He'll be on the depth chart by the start of conference play. If not the start of the season.
Not sure you are stealing much out of Hawk recruit class. Maybe from Central Michigan or South Dakota St. Thankfully Barta blows the Big 10 schedule maker.

modern-family-modern-family-joe.gif

West is 2-0 to start the bowl year. Maybe not the worst division in all of football.
You may be right! Also the big is undefeated in bowls so far. Looking forward to ours tomorrow and interested in the cfp. Wouldn't mind an all big championship game.

Average??? This is the 4th year in a row for our best classes ever(minus one). Get a clue, please
I say roll with the developmental recruits we have always gotten... Then mix in 4-6 experienced players we could always used. Then we will rock!

When do you think Lainez is going to see the field?
(One) of the things that bothers me most is how Kirk is all about playing the experienced players. Then grinding it out with them....exCept QB... Rarely does this happen on ANY team. Note that.

I would Love to our top 3 QBs see the field multiple games a year, EVERY year... Give me ONE downfall, Kirk...?

Experience matters. That is the Hawkeye way.

(One) of the things that bothers me most is how Kirk is all about playing the experienced players. Then grinding it out with them....exCept QB... Rarely does this happen on ANY team. Note that.

I would Love to our top 3 QBs see the field multiple games a year, EVERY year... Give me ONE downfall, Kirk...?

Experience matters. That is the Hawkeye way.
You kust EARN the right to play is what I see. Unless or course the upperclassmen are injured or incapacitated in some way.

ADVERTISEMENT