ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the greatest child vocalist of all time?

Depends on how you define child. I would probably agree that if you limit it to very young, and only singing, MJ is the answer.
If you go into teenage years, or include playing an instrument while singing, I’d go with Stevie Winwood.

Sammy Davis Jr was a great entertainer even as a child. Sing as good as Frankie or MJ, probably not.

Definitely #1. Little Stevie Wondder had his first #1 song at age 13, as did Tanya Tucker. She had the most developed voice at that age, imo. It was crazy to learn the person singing Delta Dawn was in junior high.

Would Shirley Temple count as a singer?

Two good ones there

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Definitely #1. Little Stevie Wondder had his first #1 song at age 13, as did Tanya Tucker. She had the most developed voice at that age, imo. It was crazy to learn the person singing Delta Dawn was in junior high.

Would Shirley Temple count as a singer?
Yes on Shirley Temple. Frankie Lymon also hit number 1 at age 13 with ‘Why Do Fools Fall in Love’. To me, he’s the best.

Yes on Shirley Temple. Frankie Lymon also hit number 1 at age 13 with ‘Why Do Fools Fall in Love’. To me, he’s the best.
Why do fools fall in love was a one hit wonder by the boy band ‘The Teenagers’. DOESNT COUNT BROOOOOOOO

Why do fools fall in love was a one hit wonder by the boy band ‘The Teenagers’. DOESNT COUNT BROOOOOOOO
Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers had several hits and they are in my top 5 groups of all time. Frankie also had hits as a solo artist.

Stevie Wonder was 12 years old when he recorded his first hit, Fingertips.

Dodie Stevens was the same age when she recorded the huge hit, Pink Shoe Laces.

This video is a hoot -

• Love
Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
14 year old Barbie Gaye recorded My Boy Lollipop in 1956. First record with a ska beat imported to Jamaica by Millie Smalls.

Fun song by Doddie Stevens pablow, a hoot indeed!

One more. Lil Georgie Benson the jazz guitar virtuoso started as a jump blues/ rock n roll shouter.

Oh and that’s Rock n roll Hall of Famer Frankie Lymon to you boy.
Oh, my bad dawg. Btw, Frankie Lymons induction is considered by many to one of the most undeserving inductees of all time. Madonnas in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, lol. So if this is supposed to support your argument, you’ve failed miserably…boy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT