ADVERTISEMENT

Who puts out the best BBQ rib dinner in the State?

Arbitr8

HR Legend
May 13, 2009
Lewis Township
Lots of choices I know and it depends on whether you prefer beef or pork, dry or wet.

Forget the chains, I'm looking for a locally owned joint.

I've heard the Circle Tap in Davenport is pretty darn good however I have never tried them myself.

Also Dillons Real Pit BBQ in Burlington

I personally haven't had anything better than Boxer BBQ

http://www.boxerbbq.com/

o.jpg

That Place

Highway 14 Conrad. Only served on Tuesdays. Fluffy like pastry.

Smokey D's would be the correct answer. Just look at the national awards they consistently win with their ribs.

Lots of choices I know and it depends on whether you prefer beef or pork, dry or wet.

Forget the chains, I'm looking for a locally owned joint.

I've heard the Circle Tap in Davenport is pretty darn good however I have never tried them myself.

Also Dillons Real Pit BBQ in Burlington

I personally haven't had anything better than Boxer BBQ

http://www.boxerbbq.com/

Q-Dogs in Marion (Blairs Ferry Rd) has pretty good ribs.

i remember loving Mustards in DSM growing up (late 70's - 80s)- also loved the tenderloins.

I am no rib officianato but for me....If you go to Jethro's /Drake, you will eat the best ribs in Iowa. The Jethro's/Drake ribs are much better than the ribs served at other Jethro's locations...If'n you can get a hold of "the day old, warmed over" ribs, all the better. Meat literally will fall off the bone on the "warmed over" ribs. Their house sauce is pretty tasty, too.
Every once in a while, I just have to grab me a rack of ribs.

I am no rib officianato but for me....If you go to Jethro's /Drake, you will eat the best ribs in Iowa. The Jethro's/Drake ribs are much better than the ribs served at other Jethro's locations...If'n you can get a hold of "the day old, warmed over" ribs, all the better. Meat literally will fall off the bone on the "warmed over" ribs. Their house sauce is pretty tasty, too.
Every once in a while, I just have to grab me a rack of ribs.

I'm not a Jethro's fan. The wings if ordered CRISPY are ok.

Smokey D's is excellent. I prefer their brisket and chopped pork over their ribs though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT