ADVERTISEMENT

Who should we listen to? President Biden or “The White House”?

Who do you choose to listen to?

• Biden

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The White House

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Biden is asked if unlike Ukraine will he militarily act to help Taiwan. He said “Yes”. Then “The White House” eagles back that answer on Twitter. Who is the real power?

I'd go with the most recent statement and then whatever actually ends up materializing as the final word.

In this instance, I'd go with the White House.

It's the unfortunate reality of having a leader that is not a strong communicator.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
That's a very optimistic way of phrasing it. Kudos.

The White House is very efficient in getting out clarifications and corrections. It gives them lots of wiggle room.

What do you find optimistic about that phrasing? Did you mean something else?

OP carefully reading press conference transcripts after 4 years of gobbledygook.

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg

Somewhere after Nixon true leadership was lost in the White House and “the party machine” took over.

maybe Nixon caused it but IMO JFK was the last to show true leadership.

I’m with Sleepy Joe on this one. Hope he means it. F the Chinese. We know they’re bluffing.

What do you find optimistic about that phrasing? Did you mean something else?
I think it's optimistic to say Biden is not a strong communicator. He's proven to be very, very bad. I had high hopes for Joe. The last guy had a handful of adjectives that he'd repeat. Joe just repeats phrases, then loses track.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
I think it's optimistic to say Biden is not a strong communicator. He's proven to be very, very bad. I had high hopes for Joe. The last guy had a handful of adjectives that he'd repeat. Joe just repeats phrases, then loses track.

Gotcha, I understand what you mean now. Although, I'm not sure why you had high hopes, it doesn't feel like his communications issues are new or should be surprising.

It's not like he had Obamaesque eloquence for all his life and up to 2020 then just poof, gone.

Gotcha, I understand what you mean now. Although, I'm not sure why you had high hopes, it doesn't feel like his communications issues are new or should be surprising.

It's not like he had Obamaesque eloquence for all his life and up to 2020 then just poof, gone.
Like many of the posters here, I thought at least he would be better than Trump. Low bar to overcome for sure.

Like many of the posters here, I thought at least he would be better than Trump. Low bar to overcome for sure.

You don't think he's better than Trump? For clarification sake, I thought your comments were specific to Biden's communications, meaning you think he's been a very, very bad communicator, and that you had high hopes for him (with respect to communication).

I would rate Biden a far better communicator than Trump, while still being quite poor overall and especially relative to what our expectations for president should be. That said, I realize some people absolutely love Trump's "style" and love listening to him rant, rave, "fight back" as he plays his hits. To each their own.

OP carefully reading press conference transcripts after 4 years of gobbledygook.

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg
Nobody corrected Trump. If they did he fired them. Not a good thing by any means. But at least we knew who was in charge. Biden starts every press conference with, “They’re gonna yell at me if I answer a question.” Then gets corrected by his handlers on every point he makes.

Somewhere between no one correcting “Inject bleach” and “What he meant by ‘Yes’ was…” lies the best situation.

ADVERTISEMENT