ADVERTISEMENT

Who takes over for Barry Davis?

noble4hawkz

HR All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2007
Always curious to see who rises through the coaching ranks. Any rumors who will take over Wiscy next year?

Some folks were talking Ben Askren, who has little Div 1 coaching experience. Others mention Pritzlaff, who is highly regarded.

Any chance they go after someone like Metcalf or David Taylor or do they go for a proven coach?

David taylor is still competing. Would a program want to hire him if he cannot 100% commit and/or would he be will to retire for a good coach opportunity

Reactions: lionlover
Have you seen the team scores? Wisconsin did much better. And nevermind UNI had a 9 seed go 2 and BBQ, an 8 rack up one point and a 7 snag two. While Wisconsin placed a guy 3rd though none were expected to place.

I'm a UNI fan and I like Doug but he needs better results.
27 pts and 1 AA vs 20 pts and 1 AA. I don’t think it’s fair to say Wisconsin is too good for Schwab.

27 pts and 1 AA vs 20 pts and 1 AA. I don’t think it’s fair to say Wisconsin is too good for Schwab.

As I've already stated, Wisconsin doesn't really value wrestling so I agree. But you asked me if Wisconsin did any better. That answer is yes. Wisconsin scored more points and performed better than expected. UNI scored fewer points and laid an egg.

Alvarez told me that David Taylor is not in the mix.... fine CP said it on twitter. So Taylor is likely the next coach. I would bet CP is right on this one and Taylor not in the mix. Askren....can't stand the guy, but that is my guess.

Heard lots of names thrown out so far. Some are Cunningham, Bormet, Snyder, Hahn, Pritzlaff, Bono, Popolizzio, Askren, David Taylor, Schwab, and current assistants Rushcell and Brandvold.

ADVERTISEMENT