ADVERTISEMENT

Who was your favorite Magnificent Seven character?

I read McQueen was messing with his hat, or belt, etc. in many scenes to distract from Yul. Your eyes would go to McQueen's movements.

Coburn (Britt)
“I was aiming at the horse”
I wish I could remember what the movie was with Coburn where he is challenged to a gunfight. The camera is on Coburn the whole time and you can hear his challenger in the background yelling at him. It goes on for a couple minutes, iirc. Coburn is getting ready or getting his gun. Then he walks out and just shoots the guy. Gunfight over. Really funny end to a scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: zappaa
I read McQueen was messing with his hat, or belt, etc. in many scenes to distract from Yul. Your eyes would go to McQueen's movements.
The tensions on set between Brynner and McQueen is well documented.
On a good note, they became great friends in later years!

Last edited:
I wish I could remember what the movie was with Coburn where he is challenged to a gunfight. The camera is on Coburn the whole time and you can hear his challenger in the background yelling at him. It goes on for a couple minutes, iirc. Coburn is getting ready or getting his gun. Then he walks out and just shoots the guy. Gunfight over. Really funny end to a scene.
Speaking of Coburn, I loved his over the top campy character in Our Man Flint.
The secret agent era was something to behold

McQueen was always an attention whore. Especially in the company of other alpha males like Bryner, Coburn and Bronson.

Waterhole #3. Coburn pulled a rifle out of the scabbard on his horse and shot the guy who was not in pistol range.

McQueen was always an attention whore. Especially in the company of other alpha males like Bryner, Coburn and Bronson.
This-his fellow actors in The Great Escape had the same criticisms of him. He wasn't what one could call a generous actor.

Lee Marvin won an Oscar for best actor in Cat Ballou.
He plays a dual role and is a drunken gunfighter in
the old West. Thanks for update to 83Hawk

Last edited:
My favorite character from Magnificent Seven is Valkyrie.

84170410646a9d11d5e2df5df8cbf9c5.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT