ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins B1G East in 2021?

cidsports

HB King
Iowa hosts Penn State in roughly three weeks. The Nittany Lions get Villanova and Indiana both in Happy Valley before heading out to Iowa.

The Big Ten race is going to be absolutely fascinating. I cannot see Ohio State, with that defense, running the table from here. If it loses once and still wins the Big Ten, that conference likely misses the College Football Playoff. But I’m going with Penn State as a 12-1 champion for now, with the conference getting at least three New Year’s Six berths. I even considered giving the third one to a 10-2 Michigan team, but that might require finally beating the Buckeyes.

Not going there yet.
- Stewart Mandel of The Athletic

Basically, the B1G West is irrelevant to Stewart. Iowa will get to the Rose Bowl, as a nice consolation prize, but Penn State is likely the CFP candidate for 2021.

🤔

How good is Auburn, really?

How impressive was the win in Madison, a 16-10 final score in Week 1.

Iowa has a lot of work to do, but is QB Sean Clifford going to get through 2021 without some lows?

On the West side of the B1G, Minnesota could be a very good team, if they can continue to improve defensively. 30-0 at Colorado sounds pretty darn good, post Miami-OH.

What would a Wisconsin-Penn State rematch look like in Indianapolis?

However, what about Iowa in three weeks, at Kinnick Stadium?

We haven't even witnessed Iowa vs. Penn State and remember Mandel had Iowa 0-2 to start the season, as I recall.

The Hawkeyes do have a lot of work ahead to overcome their doubters.

#30 Maryland is on the road on Friday night, after Colorado State comes to Kinnick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News