ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you save: your favorite pet, or a random homeless person?

Are you saving your pet, or the random homeless person?

• I'm saving my pet, but I'd feel bad about it.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I'd save my pet, and I wouldn't feel bad - it's part of my family!!

Votes: 55 46.6%
  • I'd save the random homeless person, but I'd be really broken up over it.

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • I'd save the random homeless person, and I'd feel great about myself, that I chose human life.

Votes: 18 15.3%

• Total voters
How often have you heard someone say, "well, they're in a better place now?" I'd let the homeless person go to "the better place" and keep my dog in this place.

I think the homeless guy is the one I would save at least that what I hope I would do and I think I would.

As I've gotten older I've felt less and less emotionally attached to pets. Don't get me wrong I do have some emotional attachment to pets, but I'm not sure it's enough to directly choose them over a human.

I havn't lost my dog yet (He is getting old but wife and I got him when we first got married). But my parents have lost birds that date back to my childhood (birds can live a long freaking time) and lost a dog that dated back to just after I graduated from college and it made me about as sad as hearing a celebrity I really liked died.

And honestly I feel about the same attachment to my dog. What is going to bother me more when my dog does die is how sad my children and wife will be.
you are a terrible human, and shouldn't own dogs....dog likely thought you were a dick.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
Dogs are ,well Dogs they are several evolutionary steps below humans. Stop trying to anthropormaorthize them dogs do not "think" they react to input. Oops I said the E-word, bad, bad, bad.
No dogs obviously are not as evolved as humans but to say dogs are just robots that react to input is selling them short. They have the cognitive ability of a 3 year old child and have evolved to read human body language.

This thread verifies how codependent, emotionally and ethically damaged many people are in regards to their pets. No animal is worth more than a human life.
If you’ve lost sight of that, you should reevaluate your outlook on life.

Reactions: Red Hills Nole
This thread verifies how codependent, emotionally and ethically damaged many people are in regards to their pets. No animal is worth more than a human life.
Counterpoint: There's almost 8 BILLION people on this planet - none any more important than another, except to the people that know and love them.

If half those people disappeared (a la Thanos), the planet and all the remaining people would be better off.

I care about and protect my family above all others, then some really good friends, then my pets, then everyone else.

I don't wish ill on most people, and I believe everyone should start with a fair chance of being happy and successful. Beyond that though, I'm not going to sacrifice anyone or anything I care about for a random person - who, let's face it, at a basic level I'm competing against for finite resources.

Meh, both my dogs are better than the vast majority of people I know.

I'm not going out of my way to harm my fellow human beings, but they also have autonomy and personal agency whereas I am responsible for the well-being, safety and life of my dogs as pets/pack members.

My dogs would give their lives to protect me. I will do the same for them.

Always save the human over animal unless it’s Donald Loser who is the lowest form of life to ever exist. Grab my pet and ding dong the douche is dead.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
ADVERTISEMENT