ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you save: your favorite pet, or a random homeless person?

Are you saving your pet, or the random homeless person?

• I'm saving my pet, but I'd feel bad about it.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I'd save my pet, and I wouldn't feel bad - it's part of my family!!

Votes: 55 46.6%
  • I'd save the random homeless person, but I'd be really broken up over it.

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • I'd save the random homeless person, and I'd feel great about myself, that I chose human life.

Votes: 18 15.3%

• Total voters

NDallasRuss

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2002
Say there's a bad guy with a gun to the head of your favorite pet (dog, cat, fish, bird, whatever) and another gun to the head of a random homeless person. One of them is going to die, and it's your decision.

You know nothing about the homeless person beyond they're homeless, and were chosen at random.
- On one hand, the random homeless person is a human being, but you have no connection to them, no love, etc.
- On the other hand it's your favorite pet, and you love them and share your life and your family with them: they're your best friend.

Whose life would you save if you had to make the call?

3743564.jpg

or

give-money-to-a-panhandler.jpg

Go on - it's anonymous.

One of my best friend’s neighbor was mauled by her dog (10 year old Vieshla-sp?). 150 stitches, broken fingers, and lucky to be alive. This was a couple days ago. Not a /csb.

So even if I had a pet, that wouldn’t be my answer.

• Wow
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
One of my best friend’s neighbor was mauled by her dog (10 year old Vieshla-sp?). 150 stitches, broken fingers, and lucky to be alive. This was a couple days ago. Not a /csb.

Back in the 80's our neighbor had a pair of Vizslas and for no apparent reason one jumped the owner while he was in the easy chair watching TV. Nearly tore his nose off and required plastic surgery in the aftermath. An autopsy later showed the dog had a brain tumor...

Either way I'd never sacrifice my pet Gerbil, Elton, for some Fry Pan Jack. He has a special place in my........heart...

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderlips71
  • I'd save my pet, and I wouldn't feel bad - it's part of my family!! if I was in his shoes I’d want to take the next trip through Life too

huh, I read about that. All of that from a Vizsla is crazy

And I would save my Sophie everytime. You always protect your family

Reactions: jellyfish10

Samual Little was a homeless man that confessed to 93 murders. I’m taking my chances with my 20 pound wiener dog.

Reactions: artradley
huh, I read about that. All of that from a Vizsla is crazy
Crazy thing is I ran into an old friend the night before the attack that had the same breed of dog. I’m not a huge dog person but I did love that dog.

Reactions: bdg8
My dog is old, blind, and diabetic so his time limited which makes the choice easy.

Now if I was given the choice of my dog back as a young healthy pup with the same personality versus essentially any other person in existence, I am picking my dog. There isn't enough time to list all of the caveats so I will guess a person has around a 99% chance of dying in this scenario.

Say there's a bad guy with a gun to the head of your favorite pet (dog, cat, fish, bird, whatever) and another gun to the head of a random homeless person. One of them is going to die, and it's your decision.

You know nothing about the homeless person beyond they're homeless, and were chosen at random.
- On one hand, the random homeless person is a human being, but you have no connection to them, no love, etc.
- On the other hand it's your favorite pet, and you love them and share your life and your family with them: they're your best friend.

3743564.jpg

or

Go on - it's anonymous.
I can't imagine what boring ass meeting you were in when you formulated this Sophie's Choice-like hypothetical.

It was the end of the day and I wanted to have a thread that wasn't about 10 yr old kids w abortions, Elon Musk, January 6, etc.
Understood. Is your daughter going back to Baylor. I was in Waco last week and might have to return at the end of the month. It had been a real long time since I had been in downtown Waco....they have done a lot with the area. It was really nice. I understand that they are going to build the new basketball arena and student center right on the Brazos by the bridge.

I have been lucky enough to live with some amazing dawgs.
Most homeless people I have known/helped/interacted with have not had the same kind of “all in” personality.

I am wanting to pick the person, but dawg wins out.

Reactions: pezhawk and torbee
Crazy thing is I ran into an old friend the night before the attack that had the same breed of dog. I’m not a huge dog person but I did love that dog.
That's super sh!tty, sorry for your friend.

I have a 1.5yo female vizsla and she's the most charming dog I've ever met, TBF I am very bias.
They do have a "working" side to their personality and a generally strong need of affection and attention that I could see being problematic if they're not given the right outlets and training. Our girl can run 3+ miles and still want to play ball for hours, but the flip-side is she's just as happy to snuggle in front of the TV.

She's weird in all the best ways.

Understood. Is your daughter going back to Baylor. I was in Waco last week and might have to return at the end of the month. It had been a real long time since I had been in downtown Waco....they have done a lot with the area. It was really nice. I understand that they are going to build the new basketball arena and student center right on the Brazos by the bridge.
She goes back in a month. She had a great first year and loves it there. I was really surprised how nice it's becoming down there - the Gaines's really created a huge change for that area - there's a lot of little restaurants and shops, and that Magnolia complex is pretty cool.

The basketball arena looks like it's going to be really cool!

394713.jpg

3743564.jpg

or

Go on - it's anonymous.
My dog. But only because the scenario suggests this to be necessary. It’s a trick question.

A Gun pointed at the heads of both my dog and a homeless guy’s would be damned near impossible unless the homeless guy is some sort of disfigured midget gimp. You see…I have a Weiner dog. So for someone to be able to get down that low and still be able to point it at the head of someone else means this dude has issues and wants to be put out of his misery. Trick question. Dog.

So a member of my family who I love immensely, who loves me unconditionally or a homeless guy who I have no connection to beforehand and will have no contact with him after?

Dog. Every time.
But some jackasses will call you sick. I think anyone that would allow their loyal dog to be killed over some random hobo are the messed up ones. Or maybe because their bitch mother or whorish wife wouldn't let them have a dog, so they have no comprehension of the greatness of dogs

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk and torbee
ADVERTISEMENT