ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you save: your favorite pet, or a random homeless person?

Are you saving your pet, or the random homeless person?

• I'm saving my pet, but I'd feel bad about it.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I'd save my pet, and I wouldn't feel bad - it's part of my family!!

Votes: 55 46.6%
  • I'd save the random homeless person, but I'd be really broken up over it.

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • I'd save the random homeless person, and I'd feel great about myself, that I chose human life.

Votes: 18 15.3%

• Total voters
But some jackasses will call you sick. I think anyone that would allow their loyal dog to be killed over some random hobo are the messed up ones. Or maybe because their bitch mother or whorish wife wouldn't let them have a dog, so they have no comprehension of the greatness of dogs
Last sentence might be a bit much but I gotta agree with everything else.

I think the homeless guy is the one I would save at least that what I hope I would do and I think I would.

As I've gotten older I've felt less and less emotionally attached to pets. Don't get me wrong I do have some emotional attachment to pets, but I'm not sure it's enough to directly choose them over a human.

I havn't lost my dog yet (He is getting old but wife and I got him when we first got married). But my parents have lost birds that date back to my childhood (birds can live a long freaking time) and lost a dog that dated back to just after I graduated from college and it made me about as sad as hearing a celebrity I really liked died.

And honestly I feel about the same attachment to my dog. What is going to bother me more when my dog does die is how sad my children and wife will be.

You, your dog, and a random homeless guy. Life or death situation. Who does your dog choose? Who does the homeless guy choose?

Say there's a bad guy with a gun to the head of your favorite pet (dog, cat, fish, bird, whatever) and another gun to the head of a random homeless person. One of them is going to die, and it's your decision.

Whose life would you save if you had to make the call?

My dog is the easy answer.
I know for a fact that to be in this situation the person threatening my dog is cruel and trying to do harm for no other reason than to be cruel as my dog will not bite or attack unless protecting his people.

The homeless guy could be the victim of random violence or he could be a child molester who is being held at gunpoint by a father of a kid that bastard molested who is looking to exact revenge. If that is the case I hope the homeless guy gets shot.

The unknown is what wins in the end and my dog comes home and the child molesting homeless guy is dead

Last edited:
Oooh, that's a tough question. I don't think I could live without my beloved cat. She is Persian, white and beautiful. I love my cat very much because she helped me through a difficult time as a teenager. I talked to her when I had no friends and trusted that she understood me. She is my most faithful being in the world, and now I live with her alone. I had a hard time finding an apartment where I could have pets, but I eventually found one. However, the last time she acted strangely: she was too affectionate. I found an article when a cat is too affectionate the reasons behind it and what to do, but now I'm hesitant and thinking about going to the vet. Any experience, guys?

Last edited:
Hey there! That's a tough hypothetical scenario you've presented. Personally, I would choose to save the homeless person's life. Even though I don't know them, they are still a human being and their life is valuable. Plus, I couldn't bear the thought of losing my furry best friend. Speaking of furry friends, have you ever considered getting toys for your hamster? I recently stumbled upon an article on https://www.thepetproperty.com/hamsters/guide-to-the-best-hamster-toys-including-diy/ that has some really interesting ideas for DIY hamster toys. It's important to keep our pets stimulated and happy, just like it's important to value the lives of all beings. Thanks for sharing your thought-provoking question!

Hey there! That's a tough hypothetical scenario you've presented. Personally, I would choose to save the homeless person's life. Even though I don't know them, they are still a human being and their life is valuable. Plus, I couldn't bear the thought of losing my furry best friend. Speaking of furry friends, have you ever considered getting toys for your hamster? I recently stumbled upon an article on https://www.thepetproperty.com/hamsters/guide-to-the-best-hamster-toys-including-diy/ that has some really interesting ideas for DIY hamster toys. It's important to keep our pets stimulated and happy, just like it's important to value the lives of all beings. Thanks for sharing your thought-provoking question!

Dammit. Somebody come get their bot.

Sorry, but if it's pet vs homeless person vs bot, you're a distant third in line to be saved.

I don’t think most homeless can be saved. So jacked up with mental/ drug issues it’s hopeless.

Certainly nobody has figured it out.

It’s why I think you need to end it cold Turkey. Plow the tents up every single morning and have zero tolerance for it. You need to break the cycle or it just keeps getting worse.

Put them in a temp prison where they are release once they pass a drug alcohol text. Rinse repeat every single day.

• Wow
Reactions: torbee
Does this homeless person vote red or blue? Just kidding...

I don’t think most homeless can be saved. So jacked up with mental/ drug issues it’s hopeless.

Certainly nobody has figured it out.

It’s why I think you need to end it cold Turkey. Plow the tents up every single morning and have zero tolerance for it. You need to break the cycle or it just keeps getting worse.

Put them in a temp prison where they are release once they pass a drug alcohol text. Rinse repeat every single day.
Lol, *nobody* has figured it out?

Not sure.

But I do know when I'm driving it always catches my attention when there is a homeless guy and a dog together. I'm pretty indifferent to the guy but feel terrible for the dog! This despite the dog is likely more adapted to living outside.

Not sure I like that side of me.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
This shouldn’t be close.

I weep for humanity.

7f5e55c6-8094-4650-b3a8-905cd4943ec7_text.gif
Dogs are the best people.

Not sure.

But I do know when I'm driving it always catches my attention when there is a homeless guy and a dog together. I'm pretty indifferent to the guy but feel terrible for the dog! This despite the dog is likely more adapted to living outside.

Not sure I like that side of me.
Norm MacDonald had a bit on this. The dog thinking "hey I could do this ( homeless) on my own. Why do I need an owner?"

• Haha
Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Oooh, that's a tough question. I don't think I could live without my beloved cat. She is Persian, white and beautiful. I love my cat very much because she helped me through a difficult time as a teenager. I talked to her when I had no friends and trusted that she understood me. She is my most faithful being in the world, and now I live with her alone. I had a hard time finding an apartment where I could have pets, but I eventually found one. However, the last time she acted strangely: she was too affectionate. I found an article when a cat is too affectionate the reasons behind it and what to do, but now I'm hesitant and thinking about going to the vet. Any experience, guys?
You robots are getting weirder and weirder and weirder. 😂

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Domesticated animals are creepy abominations of nature.

Edit: I think I mean creepy perversions of nature.

• Angry
Reactions: torbee
Back in the 80's our neighbor had a pair of Vizslas and for no apparent reason one jumped the owner while he was in the easy chair watching TV. Nearly tore his nose off and required plastic surgery in the aftermath. An autopsy later showed the dog had a brain tumor...

Either way I'd never sacrifice my pet Gerbil, Elton, for some Fry Pan Jack. He has a special place in my........heart...
That fact that after almost 9 months, I received only one like for this post is a disgrace and reflects poorly on HORT, so I'm reposting expecting a better response from our newer, more intellectual GIORT posters...

Back in the 80's our neighbor had a pair of Vizslas and for no apparent reason one jumped the owner while he was in the easy chair watching TV. Nearly tore his nose off and required plastic surgery in the aftermath. An autopsy later showed the dog had a brain tumor...

Either way I'd never sacrifice my pet Gerbil, Elton, for some Fry Pan Jack. He has a special place in my........heart...

Last edited:
And this board in general thinks they are morally superior. Smh

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT