ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya gonna believe, repubs then or now?

EiehMXJU0AAYRsN

Reactions: SDHN2013
I hate Republicans so much.

Btw, court filings just released suggest that Trump is under criminal investigation for tax fraud. And the Rs don't care.

Reactions: BelemNole
No surprise there.

As for holding the vote, the Rs will be doing so at their own peril. Polls show at least a -10 opposition to it. For comparison, the generic ballot is -7 for the Rs and the head to head between Trump and Biden is also around -7. So this move would be on average even more of a disavantage for the GOP. Add in the $175 million the Dems have already raised on this issue, and election night looks to worsen for the Rs if they do this.l

I think the Kavanaugh situation changed the game and in a way, the left is getting the result of their own doing. You tried your best to unethically degrade a man for political gain in front of the nation. That turned the tide for a lot of GOP as to what the left was capable of for the sake of power.

I think the Kavanaugh situation changed the game and in a way, the left is getting the result of their own doing. You tried your best to unethically degrade a man for political gain in front of the nation. That turned the tide for a lot of GOP as to what the left was capable of for the sake of power.
This is such a copout. Graham made his comments about not filling a vacancy after Kavanaugh. If it wasn't Kavanaugh they'd just find some other reason.

That's just Capitol Hill, unfortunately. Look at how the Democrats supported Obama's right to choose? Even Ginsburg felt Obama had that right to choose. The roles are reversed now and the parties have switched their opinions to what the other supported just years ago. .

I'm always amazed how people think both sides are equally hypocritical in situations like this because they both flip flopped. The basic argument now from the Dems isn't that you have to let the people decide. The argument is Republicans said in 2016 that you have to let the people decide and we expect them to hold the same position now as they did then.

When one side wins the argument based on certain expressed principles, the other side can expect them to follow those same principles in future situations. Sure, you could say that's just what Republicans are doing. They are expecting Dems to follow the same principle that they believe applied in 2016, but it would be incompletely bad faith for one side to flip flop back and forth always using the argument that fits their need. That's why the side that can argument the most relevant precedent likely has the best argument.

Reactions: BelemNole

Lol. Riiiiiiight.

And the fact that Kavanaugh was credibly accused of sexual assault, making the perfect Trump nominee.

Of course. To the victor goes the spoils. Always has always will. But I do believe it was a turning point as far as how far GOP will go now.

Yeah that's BS. The right was already following Trump where-ever he was willing to go at that point.

IMO Kavanaugh didn't need any assistance degrading himself, he did an admirable job of that on his own.

ADVERTISEMENT