ADVERTISEMENT

WHOA NELLY

One of the best there was and a icon. He should have retired a little sooner has the quality of his craft had declined. RIP.

Anytime anybody misses a field goal attempt in any game, I instinctively utter “heeeeee missed it!!” It’s a reflex, really. He was the sound of CFB...

Goodnight sweet prince.

DSC_2904.jpg

Reactions: bojihawk44
I believe he coined the phrase about the Rose Bowl as the "Grand Daddy Of Them All".
KJ was the best. Total class.

Reactions: Uihawks111
No-one will ever touch him. Greatest voice and approached his job so unbiased it was unbelievable. Unheard of nowadays

Grew up hearing his voice every fall Saturday. Contributed greatly to the immense sweep and grandeur of college football. Nothing better than those big games with the #1 crew from ABC. RIP!

I agree. First sideline report before the game with Jack Arute. Asked Hayden the last thing he said to the team before coming out. Hayden - “The hay’s in the barn it’s time to go hunting”
I'm surprised that comment never caught grief like JHF's quote about "little honeys" or something along that line.
He'd be crucified if he said that today.

And Jack Arute had some serious hair.

For some reason, I always remember the way he said Ticooooo Duckett, on the old msu teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT