ADVERTISEMENT

Who's car is it?

How do you think about the cars you own?

• I have a car and my spouse has a car

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • We both own the cars and drive them interchangably

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

Urohawk

HR Heisman
Sep 30, 2001
So I just returned from a a business trip, Wed through Sat. I have to leave for another quick 36 hour trip. Noon, Sunday to 6 PM on Monday. I drive a Tesla to work everyday and consider it my car. It's paid for out of a joint bank account with my wife. My wife drives a Honda Pilot also paid for by the joint account. While out of town she texts, "Can you leave the Tesla? It's much better to drive in than the pilot." I sort of blew off the comment. Often on the weekend, everyone drives the Tesla if they're out doing small errands.

Now she's pissed when I said I was driving "my car" to the airport. She really isn't going anywhere or doing anything special that she would need it so she stormed off and drove off in the pilot.

So that being said, how do you view the cars you own?

No pics of wife and bang away at my mom. She's a single gal.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
My wife has a nicer car. I have a Jeep. She usually takes her car because it’s bigger and hauls more kids easily. But we can drive whatever interchangeably. I usually take the Jeep because I like it and drop the top. But sometimes I’ll take her ride. And vice-versa.

My wife has a nicer car. I have a Jeep. She usually takes her car because it’s bigger and hauls more kids easily. But we can drive whatever interchangeably. I usually take the Jeep because I like it and drop the top. But sometimes I’ll take her ride. And vice-versa.
I know what's wrong with it. It's a Jeep. You know what they say Jeep stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.

Both cars are both of yours.

Prior to the vehicle I have now, I used to always get manual transmissions because my wife cannot drive them. So that by default made it my vehicle vs hers.

The 2 vehicles we have, we understand which one is defined as mine vs hers and generally follow that, so we don't have the issue. And we both prefer the vehicle we primarily drive over the other.

For me, one typically has one car nicer than the other, on 5-6 year rotations but staggered. So letting the other person drive around the nicer car while the other is out of town is a nice gesture and 100 percent should be done if asked. Heck why would you even want to leave a Tesla in a busy airport parking lot anyway? You blew it and now she won’t blow you.

For me, one typically has one car nicer than the other, on 5-6 year rotations but staggered. So letting the other person drive around the nicer car while the other is out of town is a nice gesture and 100 percent should be done if asked. Heck why would you even want to leave a Tesla in a busy airport parking lot anyway? You blew it and now she won’t blow you.
Yep

So I just returned from a a business trip, Wed through Sat. I have to leave for another quick 36 hour trip. Noon, Sunday to 6 PM on Monday. I drive a Tesla to work everyday and consider it my car. It's paid for out of a joint bank account with my wife. My wife drives a Honda Pilot also paid for by the joint account. While out of town she texts, "Can you leave the Tesla? It's much better to drive in than the pilot." I sort of blew off the comment. Often on the weekend, everyone drives the Tesla if they're out doing small errands.

Now she's pissed when I said I was driving "my car" to the airport. She really isn't going anywhere or doing anything special that she would need it so she stormed off and drove off in the pilot.

Just ask your wife. Since you didn't post her picture you are clearly just her cuck.

I almost never drive the wife's Mazda 6.

She drives my CR-V when she needs the space. She's out getting mulch with it right now as a matter of fact.

Maybe you should learn to love the Passport.

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Jeep. You know what they say Jeep stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
I have a love/hate relationship with the Jeep. It’s by far the most impractical thing I’ve owned. It’s slow, turns like a bus, handles like a tank, gets lose over 70. Stupid shit breaks and it gets horrible mileage. But I do love it.

Reactions: grapplefann
She has hers and I have mine. Hers is the nicer one and the one we take to go anywhere. Refuses to ride in mine because it's a car and not as comfortable as her SUV. If I want to drive hers on my own I have to ask for permission 😂 I do get to clean it and take it to the car wash every week though.

She has hers and I have mine. Hers is the nicer one and the one we take to go anywhere. Refuses to ride in mine because it's a car and not as comfortable as her SUV. If I want to drive hers on my own I have to ask for permission 😂 I do get to clean it and take it to the car wash every week though.
Pussy is undefeated

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Wait… is she upset you called it your car? Or that you’re leaving it sit at the airport and she wants to use it?

Wait… is she upset you called it your car? Or that you’re leaving it sit at the airport and she wants to use it?
Probably both. OP, you’re an idiot. Why are you starting a fight over some trivial shit? I never drove my wife’s old car(hybrid Lexus) but now that she has a Jeep I drive it all the time. It’s the 4xe, blacked out rubicon, it’s actually fun as hell to drive. Had the top down and doors off today and just cruised for a while. I’ll be driving it a lot I think. I am paying for it, so it’s technically mine, but it’s really her daily driver now.

You can be right, or you can be happy. You chose to be right. Good luck with that.

In our house we have primary vehicles, but at any point one might request to use the other's car, and it's cool. That's worked out ok for us.

OP sounds like a complete douchebag and I'll enjoy banging his wife while he's out of town.

That's so trivial neither one of us would ever be such jackasses.

• Haha
Reactions: SolarHawk
Seriously?
Sometimes I wonder why so many people get divorces, then I read shit like this.
If my wife asked me for something as trivial as having access to one of the vehicles I wouldn't think twice about it, it's just a car.
Yes, I have "mine" and she has "hers" but we swap all the time if one is more practical for a task or if someone just feels like it. Who cares? JFC.

Wife or step-daughter, they drive the newest, most reliable vehicle available. I will drive my old truck if she needs mine.

If one of us has to drive a vehicle thats less than perfect, its going to be me. If something goes wrong with it, Im the one who is going to have to deal with it anyway.

The wife and I manage to get along in life with just one vehicle the majority of the time, although my youngest son has our other vehicle here in town if we ever do need a second vehicle we can easily have it available. It works for us.

New thread, maybe.... but my niece (17, so no pics, pervs) drives a "classic" 1974 Ford F250. It is 85% aesthetically restored, and Im sure it is 99% mechanically restored, but still....ZERO airbags, no ABS, solid steel dash, etc.

My bro is otherwise very reasonable, and is confident in the the work he has done himself, but I think he is insane to let her drive it on a semi-daily basis.

Reactions: BelemNole
My “wife’s” car is the SUV. Mine is the sporty sedan. That said, if we need to truck kids / carpool and I’m the one doing so, I’ll drive her car. When we go somewhere together as a family, it’s usually in her car, but I’m driving.

Who makes the most money? Also after u inform her. I look forward to smashing her in both vehicles.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT