ADVERTISEMENT

Who's car is it?

How do you think about the cars you own?

• I have a car and my spouse has a car

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • We both own the cars and drive them interchangably

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters
I can’t believe anyone would argue over who drives the Tesla? They are crap, slight larger than a Yugo, terrible body lines and styling. Get rid of it before the batteries become an issue and you find out it has zero resale value.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
So I just returned from a a business trip, Wed through Sat. I have to leave for another quick 36 hour trip. Noon, Sunday to 6 PM on Monday. I drive a Tesla to work everyday and consider it my car. It's paid for out of a joint bank account with my wife. My wife drives a Honda Pilot also paid for by the joint account. While out of town she texts, "Can you leave the Tesla? It's much better to drive in than the pilot." I sort of blew off the comment. Often on the weekend, everyone drives the Tesla if they're out doing small errands.

Now she's pissed when I said I was driving "my car" to the airport. She really isn't going anywhere or doing anything special that she would need it so she stormed off and drove off in the pilot.

So that being said, how do you view the cars you own?

No pics of wife and bang away at my mom. She's a single gal.
The correct answer is both the Tesla and the Pilot are MY cars once your wife hands over the divorce paperwork.

Reactions: Urohawk
Urologists make bank. Buy another Tesla.
She's a doctor and I told her to order her Rivian when they first allowed sign ups so she could sell her used pilot for bank since there was a used car shortage. She can buy whatever car she wants. She decided to sign up 2 weeks ago despite me telling her to do so over a year ago.

Reactions: GOHOX69
My wife and I each have primary vehicles, but each of us will drive the other's vehicle from time-to-time, and I can't imagine being in a relationship where I wouldn't want my spouse driving "my car" while I was out of town or vice versa.

Reactions: BelemNole
My wife just bought a tiny Maxda MX5 that I learned the first time she had me drive it is built for 5 foot and under - so yea not driving that car voluntarily.

I do not think my wife has ever driven my car - but I would not care if she did. Her previous car was just a an older version of my Camaro SS so no need to switch up cars then....unless she wanted to drive my glowing yellow bumblebee version just for the hell of it.

My wife and I each have primary vehicles, but each of us will drive the other's vehicle from time-to-time, and I can't imagine being in a relationship where I wouldn't want my spouse driving "my car" while I was out of town or vice versa.
We drive each others car all the time. It's just I had way more miles I was putting on by going to the airport than she would be driving around that day if I left it behind. Her reaction was just nonsensical when I said that I had planned on taking my car. I ended up taking her car which cost way more for gas and is a pain in the ass to park at the airport.

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
We drive each others car all the time. It's just I had way more miles I was putting on by going to the airport than she would be driving around that day if I left it behind. Her reaction was just nonsensical when I said that I had planned on taking my car. I ended up taking her car which cost way more for case and is a pain in the ass to park at the airport.
Well that makes sense then, thanks for the clarification and sorry for being judgmental.

Reactions: Urohawk
It is a Honda Pilot. Learn how to park.
It's the jag offs who can't center their trucks between the lines in an airport with major construction where much of the parking spaces are now gone.

It's the jag offs who can't center their trucks between the lines in an airport with major construction where much of the parking spaces are now gone.

tenor.gif

Is the airport parking covered? If not, you should always drive there in the lesser valued car ... especially in the Winter or during Tornado season. Also, keep the car with the better paint, and fewer door dings in your own garage to the extent possible.

The risk of vandalism and break-ins at the airport should be considered as well.

.....................................................................................................................

You should also keep a picture of your wife posed (in a bikini or less) in front of your Tesla in your wallet. That way, everything you love in life will be right at hand.

OP sounds like a complete douchebag and I'll enjoy banging his wife while he's out of town.

That's so trivial neither one of us would ever be such jackasses.

Get in line, pal. Before you drive her, she’s takin a ride on me. Cuz you know what they say about wives whose husbands are always away on business… ridden hard and lots of mileage of their own.

And yes, they sound like your typical tone deaf, suburban white couple from the burbs. 🤣

We have a Yukon xl that the wife drives to work and we use as the family vehicle when all of us are going and a Silverado 1500 that I use but she can drive anytime. I have a work truck that I drive home so our truck doesn’t get used much we’ve owned it 19 months and have just a touch over 12,000 miles on it. The truck pulls our camper so some of those miles are doing that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT