ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Rushing to Get a New IPhone (or other Apple Product) - Because of Looming Shortages

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Apple is already saying that new orders will be delayed due to COVID shutdowns affecting Foxconn. The NYT reports

Apple’s presence in China is so prominent that locals refer to Zhengzhou as “iPhone City.” At full tilt, the Foxconn factory there was capable of producing 500,000 iPhones a day. It is the largest single plant for the iPhone, which accounts for more than half of Apple’s annual sales.​

The newest iPhone has not been popular. I wouldnt be surprised if Apple was slightly happy about the shutdown to save costs.

Last edited:
The newest iPhone has not been popular. I wouldnt be surprised if Apple was slightly happy plabout the shutdown to save costs.
They don't seem to have lived up to the hype, but they are still awesome products. I'm close to pulling the trigger myself - probably for the 14 Pro Max - but I have a bit more research to do. When I do pull the trigger, I worry about waiting weeks or months to get my gadget.

I wouldn't mind picking up a 13 Pro Max for a good price, but Apple seems to have scaled back their production so cleverly that there aren't any. At least they aren't selling them on the Apple site, whereas they are still selling the regular 13 and the 13 Mini.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT