ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the biggest threat to win the QB position?

I'd like to see Cook and Stanley put on another 60 to 75 lbs and have the staff move them to O-Line. Then get Boyle going at QB. Great success!

Very well said. I will add we, as fans, HAVE to be realistic about this situation. Stanley has nobody on the outside to throw to... at all. His best target (on the outside) won't be able to gain hardly any timing with him all spring. Don't be calling for Wiegers lol. Let this kid settle in. He is clearly special if they thought highly enough to not RS him. Anyone who is educated on this program knows that is unheard of given last year's situation. Like Ferentz or not it should say a lot to you that he took this route with Nate Stanley. I think he will be very special.

I wouldn't exactly call myself an optimistic fan. I've watched enough Chiefs and Hawkeye football to not allow myself to be. I have very high hopes for Nate Stanley. I just think we have to be willing to to let him settle in a bit and as fans be realistic. Last year's receiving core was arguably the worst I've ever seen at Iowa and... well... it didn't really get any better. I like a couple of the receiver recruits but don't see them as instant impact performers.

What we really need is the likes of Noah Fant and Peter Pekar to be a security blanket. I, personally, have almost as big of a man crush on Fant as I do Stanley. These dudes are gonna form quite the duo IMO. Our revised offense is sounding like it's heading back towards the programs bread and butter. With Stanley's height, Fant's athleticism, and receivers who will mature with time... The future of the offense looks bright. The O-Line is gonna be mean. Let's just give them a bit of a break this year, especially early.

All of that being said, I'm sure first pick he throws there will already be a Wiegers thread. If my post has reached just one person it was worth it. Patience, young grasshoppers, patience.

Doing these 2 things, also good way to prepare yourself for the dissapointments of life.
I wouldn't exactly call myself anoptimistic fan. I've watched enough Chiefs and Hawkeyefootball to not allow myself to be.

Boyle and Cook might be 2 of the guys that transfer. Too bad. I had high hopes for both of them.

Pekar was put on scholarship and according to Morehouse, that means 89 on scholarship. Staff must know about 4 departures that we don't or they wouldn't have put Pekar on scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT